• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64 DS jp ver cover

neo2046

I prefer this cover more
but I want to buy US ver
what should I do? :D

img10071016280.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The logo looks a bit more professional, at least. The US logo looks like a cheap photoshop...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
neo2046 said:
I prefer this cover more
but I want to buy US ver
what should I do? :D

being able to read the game or not...tough choice...really...good thing the box makes the game play better...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Oh yeah, this boxart is a lot better than the US one. Even though the logo looks a bit messy, at least it's more coherent than the US one. And the actual boxart is nicer too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Blackace said:
being able to read the game or not...tough choice...really...good thing the box makes the game play better...

Oh come on, ace, you can read something like Mario 64 DS. Most similar Nintendo titles are very easy to read in Japanese (teh kiddie? :p). I can't imagine that you'd have any issues with it...

BlueLegs

wow, you can see where the textures join on the grass....pretty lame. I do like the way mario is looking towards you and the way the logo looks however.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
dark10x said:
Oh come on, ace, you can read something like Mario 64 DS. Most similar Nintendo titles are very easy to read in Japanese (teh kiddie? :p). I can't imagine that you'd have any issues with it...

I don't have too much a problem with simple stuff... and I live in Japan... Still, even if there are a couple kanji that could make you run around for hours until you bump into the thing to do... and all that for box art... seems... ummm... well.... stupid. You don't import for box art... but of course that's just an opinion

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like it one bit. It's vacuuous, empty, and doesn't seem to have any real design at all actually.

It sort of has the feeling of a random screenshot with a logo slapped onto it despite that it's CG cover art.

Brofist

Blackace said:
I don't have too much a problem with simple stuff... and I live in Japan... Still, even if there are a couple kanji that could make you run around for hours until you bump into the thing to do... and all that for box art... seems... ummm... well.... stupid. You don't import for box art... but of course that's just an opinion

IAWTP

jarrod

Banned
Great cover... it reminds me of that Pikmin 1/2 clay artwork for some reason.

It's a gigantic improvement over the crap US cover with it's photoshop logo and stock CG art.

Tenguman

If I were in marketing, I'd like the US box better

they aren't trying to win an art contest - they are trying to get joe-sixpack to pick up the box.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
I compare box arts based on how they would look actually on a box, rather than my screen.

If the US and JP box arts were on the shelf next to each other, I'd go for the Japanese one.

It just looks like it would kick ass on the shelf.

Top Bottom