• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monkey Ball Deluxe screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
924367_20041011_screen001.jpg

924367_20041011_screen002.jpg

924367_20041011_screen003.jpg

924367_20041011_screen004.jpg

924367_20041011_screen005.jpg

924367_20041011_screen006.jpg

924367_20041011_screen007.jpg

Soul4ger

Deepthroat said:
I'm getting this for Xbox. Wee!

Yeah, I'll be getting it, too. I have the GC games, but the prospect of new levels is too much for me to handle. Besides, it's only $20.

Probably just prepping for Super Monkey Ball 3 being multiplatform...I don't care what platforms, as long as their is a Super Monkey Ball 3. I could definitely see a Super Monkey Ball DS in the near future...Nagoshi-san did mention the possibility.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
olimario said:
They really botched the graphics porting this.
I'll bet the framerate isn't stable, either.

:lol

I'm sure the port is alright.

Don't worry oli, this game won't sell as much as the gamecube mokey balls.

olimario

Banned
deadlifter said:
:lol

I'm sure the port is alright.

Don't worry oli, this game won't sell as much as the gamecube mokey balls.

Oh, I know that. Has any SEGA title on the XBOX outsold SMB?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nice texture aliasing in this shot...

supermonkeyball_screen011.jpg

Hopefully it will have progressive scan support on XBOX, unlike the GC version of SMB.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I really would only pick it up for Xbox Live, which apparantly it doesn't. The new levels sounds pretty interesting though, we'll see when it launches.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
olimario said:
I played it at TGS and the framerate was superb. In fact, so were the graphics!

Coen

Such a great game, I'd like to think Sega is doing this so everybody can enjoy it. But I'm sure they're just trying to make more money, in the proces alienating GameCube-owners. I really don't mind them porting this, but they should've ported some of the Sega property on other consoles to GameCube too, or at least bring this bundle to GameCube.

Still, I can't see how Sega would lose any money on this deal...they're just bringing over already-done games with a few extras thrown in. Maybe total cost on both versions ~$1 million...something they can easily surpass within a month or two of it's release.

SMB isn't that great a game (only bought 1). I don't understand the allure; its not really ... fun. :p I didn't feel the need to pick up 2.

6.85/10 (for real)

segasonic

TheGreenGiant said:
SMB isn't that great a game (only bought 1). I don't understand the allure; its not really ... fun. :p I didn't feel the need to pick up 2.

6.85/10 (for real)

metdroid said:
craptacular

olimario said:

MetatronM said:
Eww, what did they do to the visuals?

efralope said:
with such a simple graphic design for the game, you'd think jaggies wouldn't be an issue...

gc_damage.jpg

hirokazu

TheGreenGiant said:

6.85/10 (for real)

play some games with friends, it can be good fun.

Ranger X

When is that game coming out?

to Nbots:
The proof that Sega is beginning to understand how to make money is because they made the game also for Ps2 and Xbox.

jarrod

Banned
Wyzdom said:
to Nbots:
The proof that Sega is beginning to understand how to make money is because they made the game also for Ps2 and Xbox.
But why not release it on GameCube also... where there's already a substantial SMB audience. It'd be like Sega releasing VF4FT for GC & Xbox but skipping PS2, makes little sense. :/

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
But why not release it on GameCube also... where there's already a substantial SMB audience. It'd be like Sega releasing VF4FT for GC & Xbox but skipping PS2, makes little sense. :/

Perhaps the upgrade is not significant enough to make this worthwhile?

It's not like it even matters to you, Lord Portable. :D

jarrod said:

I don't think that would be so hot. It's a compilation of SMB 1 & 2, with some new levels. Both games are still widely available for GC, at cheap prices. They'd be stuffing retailers with a relatively redundant release while they sit atop unsold copies of both the original games on the system. Then again, Rockstar did release GTA Double Pack less than a year after VC released and while GTA III was still selling well.

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Perhaps the upgrade is not significant enough to make this worthwhile?

It's not like it even matters to you, Lord Portable. :D

MightyHedgehog said:
I don't think that would be so hot. It's a compilation of SMB 1 & 2, with some new levels. Both games are still widely available for GC, at cheap prices. They'd be stuffing retailers with a relatively redundant release while they sit atop unsold copies of both the original games on the system. Then again, Rockstar did release GTA Double Pack less than a year after VC released and while GTA III was still selling well.
Eh, there seems to be notable new content, moreso that Final Tuned actually. In addition to the 46 extra levels, there seems to be more bonus/multiplayer games and playable monkeys as well... seems like a significant amount of extra stuff to me. And while the older SMB1-2 might be doing okay business on GameCube now, you'd think this DX rerelease would encorage repeat buyers (of SMB's 1 million strong audience) as well as new budget shoppers. Plus most of the game is already coded for GC, dropping dev costs even further... just seems like a dumb move to skip GC imo. :/

And yeah, DX doesn't concern me in particular too much... though I wouldn't mind a PSP port. :)

Oh, and can anyone confirm if AV has done these games inhouse? Or if they were farmed out, to where?

SyNapSe

I'll purchase it for the Xbox.. it's only $30. I might be enticed to pay $50 if they would take out the horrendous monkey singing cutscenes.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
dark10x said:
Oh yes?

Based on this shot, I'm not so sure about that...
Hah... I thought that was a PS2 screen. To be honest it's been a while since I've played it. SMB2 does have it though.

Top Bottom