• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

???
nobody uses PK Fire outside of Project M, it's not like it was any good in 64/Melee/Brawl either

...Which is why I specifically said PM, yeah? It's bad in this game, and that can be a jarring difference for people who are used to playing him in PM.

Oh man, cool Nintendouji! How was that game, anyway? I never saw anything about it so I thought it was canned.

With him and Sakurai Samurai, nice to see minor download titles getting recognized. Where's the Pushmo Trophy?

Ironically enough, Nintendouji and Sakura Samurai are from the same developers.

Tan

Oh man, cool Nintendouji! How was that game, anyway? I never saw anything about it so I thought it was canned.

With him and Sakurai Samurai, nice to see minor download titles getting recognized. Where's the Pushmo Trophy?

AAA I forgot about Pushmo! How has he not gotten any representation!?

Nanashrew

Banned
lol

zlCfzSbXuVgXE8L2c0

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlmdAtQuw

...Which is why I specifically said PM, yeah? It's bad in this game, and that can be a jarring difference for people who are used to playing him in PM.

not many people play exclusively Project M, you're acting like everyone is actually comparing him to PM Ness instead of his Brawl version, which is significantly worse

georly

Can Villager pocket any Pokemon?

Like little ones such as Fletchling or Inkay.

Villager can't pocket anything that would encroach on some 'limitation'. Currently it's 1 pokeball OR assit trophy OR final smash on screen at once. Because of this limitation, villager can't pocket any of them.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love Kid Icarus Uprising, and hate to say Sakurai-bias, but the more I look at the overall picture, I can't deny he really did give it a lot of love. Two new characters, one who has 12 unique moves, a new stage, tons of Smash Run enemies and items, and it gets four extra songs in Smash Run...

Now Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon have a whole bunch of stuff, but that's likely Nintendo's doing since they're popular. But not so for Kid Icarus...funny after Sakurai made such a big deal in the pre-release of Brawl that he was worried giving Kirby so much attention...

It sucks, because I have a feeling in the coming weeks people are going to really look down on Uprising because of this.

AAA I forgot about Pushmo! How has he not gotten any representation!?

Yeah, I was thinking it'd get a stage in the 3DS.

Maybe Wii U, even though it's mainly portable?

Kangi

not many people play exclusively Project M, you're acting like everyone is actually comparing him to PM Ness instead of his Brawl version, which is significantly worse

It was my explanation for why some people think he's been nerfed to being broken despite being more viable than in Brawl, hence who I quoted asking why some thought he was garbage. Initial impressions can be misleading if you're used to a different playstyle, and many other people saw more merit in his buffs.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
has there been any impressions of the online yet?

The online is great as long as you are near your wireless router and have good internet. It feels the same as offline to me.

So long as Ness's back/up air are still decent, I think I'm alright.

Shitty characters and I seem to go hand-in-hand, really.

They are. I liked him in Brawl, but now he feels even better. I actually beat classic on 9.0 with him.

Hatchtag

Banned
Don't think so. JoeInky's either still obtaining/writing about MegaMan's customs or taking a break.

Where'd he leave off? I wanna build another custom character like my customdorf, and it's much more fun if you guys are learning the custom moves at the same time I am :p.

EulaCapra

Phew. I was beginning to think Rosalina's Final Smash was sad.

Wait, how do you know that?

None of the revealed Wii U stages even have water you could swim in.
I think they're referring to one of the results screens or VS. Records having "Swim Time" still on there on one of the Wii U clips.

Guesong

Well, somebody had to try it to know it.

But yeah. 2 stocks, 5 minutes. For now at least. Once the metagame develops and we know more about the ruling systems, maybe we could consider upping that but I feel like Nintendo itself put research into that when they decided on that very same setting to be the For Glory standard.

Stoof

Sounds like the online is good, how are people feeling about the balance? I play for fun but I just hope there's no characters that are horrendously bad.
AKA Brawl Ganon

Anteo

There's no 3DS hack, how can they be playing a rom?

Gateway of course. Heck some of the "prove" people have for dlc/spotpass characters is that you need 1.5gb free on the sd card that holds the rom for the game to boot (plus there is like 1 gb of data missing on the eshop download)

JoeInky

I'm currently writing my Megaman post, so I am still here, I'm doing Dark Pit afterwards but not until tomorrow, I've had enough of Smash Run for one day.

Hatchtag

Banned
Well, somebody had to try it to know it.

But yeah. 2 stocks, 5 minutes. For now at least. Once the metagame develops and we know more about the ruling systems, maybe we could consider upping that but I feel like Nintendo itself put research into that when they decided on that very same setting to be the For Glory standard.

2 stocks 5 minutes is horribly campy. 3 minutes with a time limit (not sure what) would be much better.

StayDead

Anyone know how to set it to 3 stock 8 minutes? I'm looking at all the rules pages and I can't find a way of using both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom