• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenck

Friends only.

Kinda glad lol. Last thing I need is to be hunting all the custom moves lol.

Anyone main zss here? I want some tips on her. She and Zelda are definitely my favorites. So tips on Zelda would be appreciated too.

Only complaint about Zelda is her phantom summon move. I can't every rely on that unfortunately.

Fandangox

Been playing the demo.

Megaman is actually quite fun to play as, I thought it was going to be similar to snake in that he was going to be someone I really wanted to play as, but wouldn't cause of the unorthodox fighting style.

icy_eagle

Been playing megaman a lot on the demo so why not post some impressions of him? Bear in mind this is mostly against lv 9 cpu so who knows how true it'll hold against actual players.

his jab/ftilt/nair pea shooter is pretty unremarkable all around, and definitely not worth losing two moves over. I don't if the cpu is trying to mock me or what, but it'll often shield the three shots individually (as in shield 1st shot, drop shield, shield 2nd shot etc) and promptly punish me for using this attack. It's kinda good if used right after a thrown metal blade for a projectile combo or to shoot down enemy projectiles while approaching.

Dtilt is really good at catching back rolls I've found. I'm pretty sure it's super punishable if shielded, even if the cpu never did.

Utilt & Dsmash are Megaman's strongest moves, killing off the top below 100%, which is kinda of a big deal, considering the blast zones in this game. Having said that, good luck connecting dsmash, and whiffing utilt leaves you exposed until the next day, really bad ending lag.

all of his aerials lag when used out of short hopping, so prepare to get shieldgrabbed if you try to use them that way. :( I mostly used fair & bair for edgeguarding, fair having a reliable hitbox that's kinda weak, and bair having multiple hits, with the last one being fairly strong.

As for combos, dthrow into uptilt is a combo vs link at, like, 0-5%. yay presumably it'll also work against characters heavier than him, but yeah, that's all I could manage with him. Oh yeah, usmash kinda chain into each other at lower percentages
There's one string that I think is guaranteed to work, but not sure. at mid-percentages you can dthrow, full jump fair. If it hits it hits, if the opponent airdodges you can fast fall and dtilt them before they can do anything. Again, vs a cpu, so it might not actually work, but I'm hopeful.

I think Mega Man's strongest game plan is to get the opponent off stage (easiest with back throw) and edgeguard with fair/bair/dair/fsmash. I don't he's all that good at zoning, honestly. fsmash is slow, pea shooter is better for approaching than keeping the opponent at bay, metal blade is both slow moving and pretty short ranged as well (I'd constantly get arrowed in the face vs link while my own metal blades just disappeared before reaching him), Crash bomb is kinda cool but it just takes way too long to blow up. It's pretty good against the cpu tho. Leaf shield is janky garbage.

This is propably really disjointed as I got lazy halfway through, but I hope it's comprehensible enough.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey, what was up with that one POTD that showed Balloon Fight and made it out to be a unique mode and not just the regular stage?

drotahorror

9SvO88g.jpg

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/ for transparent background pic

DooD1234

Wow, Jr. Look fun to play as especially some of that mecha kooks trick. ZSS up B looks pretty good for a KO move from the looks of it.

Teknoman

It might, but probably not reliably. it's certainly not worth it just for that. You can't do any action other than jump, grab, or throw the shield when it's out. And throwing the shield is slow and leaves you open to attack, while it does hardly any damage or knockback.

It's terrible unless someone can figure out some amazing tech for it.

Yeah it would be great if you could use it, and then do normals...but its gotta have a purpose.

I mean I thought Jigglypuff was useless back in the day, but apparently she's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom