• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, if the hazards make the stage more about fighting the stage rather than fighting the opponent they are banned/not legal. Unfortunately, most of the new 3DS stages are pretty much like that so there's going to be a limited stage selection in tournaments.

For example, in Brawl, a stage like Halberd was legal but something like Big Blue wasn't. In Smash 4 3DS, a ton of the stages are either walk-offs, scrolling stages, or have too much going on that gets in the way. So most likely the guaranteed legal stages in this version will wind up being BF, FD, and YI:B. Some of the borderline ones are looking like Arena Ferox, Brinstar, and Prism Tower. So at the very least we might be looking at a 6 stage list, depending on how characters play on those last 3 stages. Who knows, we could find something with a character that makes Brinstar bannable or something.

F-Zero's new stage isn't that bad to be honest. I would urge TO's to include that as a counterpick.

Ragus

Banned
CPU lvl 8-9 Megaman is unberable with the spam of that move, when he shoots lightning from his hands in upward direction.

Jigglypuff is actually pretty cute now. Before I thought she was ugly.
laugh.gif

Her design matches the remade official art of her.

039Jigglypuff.png

Her eyes are smaller and less soulless.

JoeM86

Well, I just finished my site's character pages, excluding special moves. May take a couple of days before I get on those. My brain is starting to melt.

Let me know if I screwed anything up haha.

Time to start going online to calm my brain

That Samus v Robin battle is what Smash is all about. That was freaking beautiful.
Yeah, great match. My worries for this game are pretty much gone after this and the demo.

Bronze Sword for tilts, Levin Sword for smash attacks, smash attacks work in the air.

Robin is definitely going to be my main.
But do we know how the "breaking system" works?

And agreed, Robin is pretty much confirmed for my mains rotation.

Anteo

In general, if the hazards make the stage more about fighting the stage rather than fighting the opponent they are banned/not legal. Unfortunately, most of the new 3DS stages are pretty much like that so there's going to be a limited stage selection in tournaments.

For example, in Brawl, a stage like Halberd was legal but something like Big Blue wasn't. In Smash 4 3DS, a ton of the stages are either walk-offs, scrolling stages, or have too much going on that gets in the way. So most likely the guaranteed legal stages in this version will wind up being BF, FD, and YI:B. Some of the borderline ones are looking like Arena Ferox, Brinstar, and Prism Tower. So at the very least we might be looking at a 6 stage list, depending on how characters play on those last 3 stages. Who knows, we could find something with a character that makes Brinstar bannable or something.

That's another way to make a stage illegal. If a character can abuse something on it, it will get the stage banned. Things like DDD's chaingrab in Brawl got walk-offs banned (besides the tactic to blastzone camp on them being abundant lol) and wall infinites gets any stages with walls banned.

I dont think Prism Tower should be banned yet, the stage flies around so you cant really camp the walkoff
unless I forgot a pokemon spawns in that stage

PK Gaming

Yeah, great match. My worries for this game are pretty much gone after this and the demo.

But do we know how the "breaking system" works?

And agreed, Robin is pretty much confirmed for my mains rotation.

Levin Sword is Robin's default smash attack. After 6-7 uses, it breaks, and smash attacks are replaced with the Bronze Sword (less damage and WAY less knockback). It regenerates after 9 seconds, and it's strictly better than the Bronze Sword, so you should use it constantly.

It can also be used in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom