• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems people are missing out on some functions of the Demo. In case you're not aware.

1. You can add a fourth CPU player if you want. Just enable him on the bottom right-screen. Alternatively, you can also make it 1 on 1 by disabling a CPU player. OR, you can have 4 CPUS fight by turning your slot into a CPU.
2. You can play on the Final Destination version of battlefield. Press X on the Stage Select Screen to toggle between regular battlefield and final destination battlefield.
3. Items are turned OFF on Final-Destination Battlefield.
4. The game saves/ keeps track of the number of coins earned. See how many coins you have thus far by going into the vault.

Teknoman

It'd just turn it into a flat plane like FD. Not desirable.

They could choose Omega mode, but that's not really different enough from just picking FD to matter.

The omega version is a flat plane. The competitive players want more variety on stages so they can get counterpicks and more varied gameplay.
They just need to figure this game out allow more stages and start taking out one by one but it takes time to figure that out.

Ah thanks for the info.

Beats

Yeah, this match illustrates my problem with the blast zones lol. There were so many smash attacks that hit and look like they were going to kill, but then didn't. : <

That Sheik vs Yoshi fight was... not good. Really illustrated the problem with the huge blast zones. Lots of powerful hits that hit them waaaaay out there, takes them a little while to get back... and then someone else gets hit waaaay out there, and then gets back... and it's just a really boring single hit back and forth at high percents that just refuses to end. Blast zones really aught to be smaller.

Revven

That yoshi/shiek match was the prime example of how the blast zones are way to fuckin big.

Yeah, this MU looks more like the norm on how long characters are going to live for unlike ZSS vs Palutena which was much faster because those characters have KO setups and their KO options actually seem to KO early than most of the cast.

Unicorn

Shiek is excellent in this game.

What's the idea of customs being in tourneys?

to find out if they are bannable. Most tourney players want to give them a fair shake before just outright banning them. Maybe some moves will be banned, or it will be such a mess of balance that they will just ban all custom business.

Blast zones don't seem too big to me. They used the same moves over and over, got stale knockback. Also they'd launch from the opposite side of the stage. There really wasn't a problem there.

Toxi

Banned
That Sheik vs Yoshi fight was... not good. Really illustrated the problem with the huge blast zones. Lots of powerful hits that hit them waaaaay out there, takes them a little while to get back... and then someone else gets hit waaaay out there, and then gets back... and it's just a really boring single hit back and forth at high percents that just refuses to end. Blast zones really aught to be smaller.
Second match was more promising. Yoshi's Island seems to have better blast zones.

Brett also seemed to have a better idea of what his kill move was (uair).

Iryx

Are there no more Self-Destructs? An enemy gets a point whenever I fall off the stage without getting hit.

Is it a changeable rule in the full version?

There are self-destructs, but it looks like in 1v1 it gives points like a KO, but in 3 or 4-man FFAs it doesn't.

It seems people are missing out on some functions of the Demo. In case you're not aware.

1. You can add a fourth CPU player if you want. Just enable him on the bottom right-screen. Alternatively, you can also make it 1 on 1 by disabling a CPU player.
2. You can play on the Final Destination version of battlefield. Press X on the Stage Select Screen to toggle between regular battlefield and final destination battlefield.
3. Items are turned OFF on Final-Destination Battlefield.
4. The game saves/ keeps track of the number of coins earned. See how many coins you have thus far by going into the vault.

Question is, are the coins good for anything in the Demo?

Hikami

Watching Sheik play makes me hate the demo even more.
She moves so fast.

All the characters in the demo are too slow for me :c besides like maybe Pikachu.

woodland

Blast zones don't seem too big to me. They used the same moves over and over, got stale knockback. Also they'd launch from the opposite side of the stage. There really wasn't a problem there.

Having people regularly get the black smash lightning off-stage and survive doesn't seem big to you?

StayDead

I'm playing the game right now watching that tournament and I can't believe how hype duck hunt dog is. He's so fun to play and watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom