• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-stock is the way to go, things being as they are yeah.

Blast zones don't seem too big to me. They used the same moves over and over, got stale knockback. Also they'd launch from the opposite side of the stage. There really wasn't a problem there.

Stale knockback is also dumb as a mechanic in the first place.

Durden77

God I'm going to love playing as Duck Hunt from the look of him. He and Mega Man are looking like the closest things to Snake for me.

For those saying blast zones are too big. Yes they are bigger, but in my opinion, they make the match more exciting. It's just much more interesting when you actually have to go off stage to kill.

Yeah, it's one of the bonus Smash Run only tracks. Almost certainly a My Music song on Wily Castle in the Wii U version.

Prevents people from spamming.
If you keep getting hit by the same move over and over again you deserve to take the full blow.

It also unfairly hits characters with intentionally fewer good moves like Little Mac over the more versatile characters like Meta Knight.

Anteo

Good DI led to people survivng to 200% in Melee, the blast zones may seem pretty big, but other stages have smaller.

No good di is gonna save you from a tipper. Good spacing leds to surviving that long.
And people need to figure out smash4, hopefully matches become shorter.

Mik317

Positioning and keeping you moves from being stale should help with the blast zines, no?

I can only judge from the demo but Link cam kill easy around 90% with the right move and bring near the edge.

Yeah, it's one of the bonus Smash Run only tracks. Almost certainly a My Music song on Wily Castle in the Wii U version.

Oh my goooooooood it's perfect! I was kind of bummed out when I saw the NES Air Man track was the second Wily Castle track, but this makes up for it in spades.

diaspora

...Which is why they use two stocks lol

Are we complaining about the game length? Because the game length is the same.

People assume that x length with 2 stock is inherently worse than x length with 4, when that is hardly the case when it comes to both viewing and playing as shown by the stream.

woodland

The black smash lightning may be affecting your judgment of what could kill or not. The effect doesn't mean the move will kill, just that it was really powerful.

Normally I ignore that since I hate the aesthetic, but when players are regularly getting strong hits off-stage and not dying, that's questionable. Only reason I brought the black lightning up was because it shows the most damage, and someone didn't die after it multiple times.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So what can you use coins for? I assume you can insert various numbers of them into a trophy machine for increasing chances at a new trophy?

People assume that x length with 2 stock is inherently worse than x length with 4, when that is hardly the case when it comes to both viewing and playing as shown by the stream.
Exactly haha. I guess some people just can't see the forest for the trees. Or love complaining about everything.

I think the blast zones wouldn't be that bad if recovery wasn't insanely easy.
This is a ridiculous comparison. 2 stocks vs 4 stocks.
But the whole reason the default number of stocks is lower is because it takes longer to kill people. Everyone's pointlessly complaining about how long it takes to kill people, when matches are set up to take the same amount of time.

emb

I don't know, I've been pretty annoyed with a lot of the matches I've spectated. Instead of anything cool happening towards the end of each stock, it's like the person just keeps coming back (with like 5-10 seconds of nothing while they just float back) and getting hit off stage again, repeat ad nauseum.

Having people regularly get the black smash lightning off-stage and survive doesn't seem big to you?

Black lightning doesn't mean "should be a guaranteed kill". It just represents heavy impact. 64, Melee, and Brawl all have survivable situations from heavy hits. I think people are exaggerating a bit about the blast zones. If anything, it just gives more important to DI, which is not a bad thing in the slightest.

diaspora

I don't know, I've been pretty annoyed with a lot of the matches I've spectated. Instead of anything cool happening towards the end of each stock, it's like the person just keeps coming back (with like 5-10 seconds of nothing while they just float back) and getting hit off stage again, repeat ad nauseum.

It's generally a back and forth exchange of people hitting each other to the brink without knowing if they're coming back relying on who can space more effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom