• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

We'll have to see how things pan out, but I've got a bad feeling about Palutena just seeing her in action...on top of the fact that she has a gajillion other moves....

StayDead

Yeah, I hate it too. Its really annoying how theres 3 different moves that involve pressing up + a with megaman, expecially since the circle pad isn't very precise.

In the full game I disabled up to jump. I use the button anyway so if anything it led to me being more precise.

emb

For Glory uses 2 stock 5 mins; I think that would be a perfect starting point, actually.
I think so too.

I played Brawl in a tournament recently that was 1 stock 3 minutes, best of five. I actually enjoyed the lower stock counts. I know the Smash 4 tournament now is recommending 3 stock, but I think 2 would be better.

Played the demo all yesterday's night and today's morning (along with KI) and it was pretty good. Villager is AMAZING, he's essentialy the perfect AC representation (though the box gloves and the balloons don't fit in my point of view). Kinda wish they used his other male alt instead of the generic he has. Megaman is pretty good too, his specials are kinda weak but his normal attack are awesome, specially those who cause a tornado.

I LOVE all the items. <3 #ItemsForLife Though most of the times I used an AT or a Pokeball Arceus, Kyurem and the Ping Pong thing always popped out lol

My only complaint is the A, B, X, Y buttons placement's uses. It feels weird at first but you get used to it eventually.

zroid

Banned
Anyone else finding it frustratingly hard to do Mega Man's uppercut in the demo? The circle pad keeps registering it as smash attacks and the only method that works is to gently move it which takes too much time.

Best way is to move the circle pad first, and then press A. It's still slower but it's much more reliable.

Pikma

Banned
Anyone else finding it frustratingly hard to do Mega Man's uppercut in the demo? The circle pad keeps registering it as smash attacks and the only method that works is to gently move it which takes too much time.
Not my case, I have no problem pulling it off

Revven

You say that as Robin gets 2 stocked by Palutena in Battlefield lol

Yeaaahhh... bad timing on my part. But that is what was happening in the first match on BF.

Palutena just seems to have so many options and range + KO ability. I'm not surprised she'll probably be one of the best in the game.

Anteo

Yeaaahhh... bad timing on my part. But that is what was happening in the first match on BF.

Palutena just seems to have so many options and range + KO ability. I'm not surprised she'll probably be one of the best in the game.

Nah that was just 2 hard reads on the recover, Robin jumped into the stage twice, should have rolled instead

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm, well, Dark Pit and Pit really don't seem that different. Wondering though if perhaps their customs make them more different, or if even those are similar.

Still though, New Pit looks really cool. I hope Antony Del Rio's a lot more personable than the JP VAs and gives the two more attitude to stand out.

Anyone found a special taunt in the Reset Bomb Forest? Actually, do the Goddesses talk a lot in that stage?

EulaCapra

Nice write-up, JoeInky!

I'm SHOCKED that Samus does not have an Ice Beam custom. What a waste. And Zelda's Nayru's Love has an explosion custom? Canon blasphemy! It should have water/ice properties!

Fiktion

Banned
Any shots of Fierce Deity Link?

DIPVvBK.png

Durden77

Does anyone think Shulk just seems....out of place in this game? I mean this is coming from someone that thought Snake fit in fine and any contrast he had worked to his advantage, but there's something about Shulk in Smash to me that just seems weird.

It's not that I don't like him or anything. Maybe it just hasn't quite settled or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom