• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think Shulk just seems....out of place in this game? I mean this is coming from someone that thought Snake fit in fine and any contrast he had worked to his advantage, but there's something about Shulk in Smash to me that just seems weird.

It's not that I don't like him or anything. Maybe it just hasn't quite settled or something.

I don't think it's just you. Even Sakurai said something along those lines at his reveal.

Nice write-up, JoeInky!

I'm SHOCKED that Samus does not have an Ice Beam custom. What a waste. And Zelda's Nayru's Love has an explosion custom? Canon blasphemy! It should have water/ice properties!

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we got stuff like moves, character alts, and stages as DLC. Samus' Ice Beam could just use the standard freezing state too, it should be super obvious. I could go for an electric wave beam too that stuns characters briefly- the more you charge, the longer it stuns.

Does anyone think Shulk just seems....out of place in this game? I mean this is coming from someone that thought Snake fit in fine and any contrast he had worked to his advantage, but there's something about Shulk in Smash to me that just seems weird.

It's not that I don't like him or anything. Maybe it just hasn't quite settled or something.

I'm still surprised that he's in. He seemed like one of those characters who had a lot of support from fans but no real chance to actually get in. And yet, there he is.

He looks pretty bad on this stream, though.

watershed

Banned

He seems fine to me. He fits right in with Fire Emblem Characters and other human fighters.

Toxi

Banned

I don't see it. I guess he's pretty anime, but so are the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus casts and people don't mind them.

JoeInky

The god of Smash Run smiled upon me and gave me 3 new Megaman customs in one sitting, thank fuck for that haha.

Every one of his customs are definitely different Megaman weapons, and they're not as similar as you might think, a Neutral Special and an Up Special may surprise you.

Also, there's no Gem Satellite, I know I've heard someone say they wanted that.

E: Also a clean screenshot of the full roster would be helpful for me.

Does anybody have any pictures or GIFs showcasing Link's weird face on the Wii U? I know there are lots of them but I don't have any on hand. Link's face looks so good on the 3DS and I'm wondering how this happened.

ffdgh

No more out of place than the fire emblem reps honestly.

Fiktion

Banned

I think out of place is good. It means variety.

Does anybody have any pictures or GIFs showcasing Link's weird face on the Wii U? I know there are lots of them but I don't have any on hand. Link's face looks so good on the 3DS and I'm wondering how this happened.

It really does. There's absolutely no issue with it on the 3DS, but then he goes to looking all pudgy and gross on the Wii U.

Kouriozan

Need more impressions of Rosalina and Charizard.
They are on my maybe maining list with Palutena and seeing her moveset hype me so much.
Oh, my Goddess!

I wonder if choosing to make Duck Hunt a zoning character had anything to do with embracing his history of infuriating players? Because it kind of worked out well haha, especially when he's just smiling while hiding behind a gunman.

AdaWong

Swimming is NOT in the 3DS version.

It is however, in the Wii U version.

If 3DS owners get to have a good-looking Link, then that's the price they have to pay!

Ragus

Banned
After 5 hours of demo, I have to say, that Link is my favourite, Pikachu is also fine, I love the idea of Villager, but I suck so much with him. I do not care for Mario and Megaman.

With that in mind, what fighter would be good to check out for me? Lucina? Pit? How is Samus?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Has Villager been used in the stream yet? Because god, I can't I can stop playing him in the demo. Such a fin character to use.

Demo characters haven't been seen here since people are probably burned out on playing them.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Any impressions of online play yet?

Sure:

I've played it for a bit online. Initial impressions are that the flat stage/no item modes seem to be more popular than the standard stage/item modes. You can choose to play free-for-all or teams in all modes. The flat stage/no item mode also offers a 1-on-1 mode.

Regarding the quality of online play, I don't think it's fair to judge things yet since I've only been playing against random Japanese players, and there's (expected) lag. Most matches I've played have been playable; a few were so bad that the connection dropped. I've also encountered connection errors when initially going online and usually have to try 2-3 times to get into matches.

Unlike say, Street Fighter, I find it much easier to deal with lag online because there's nothing complex you need to do execution-wise.

Have noticed that the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk seem to be pretty popular. In one set of matches, a Shulk player was absolutely dominating the rest of us, every time.

Would definitely like to try this against some American players to get a feel for what online is like closer to home.

And no one has answered this T_T

While waiting for an online match to start and practicing, a CPU partner for me showed up. He was an 8-bit sprite of a bird-man and had moves of his own. Does anyone know who this is? Is he an assist trophy? It only happened once, when I was using Pac-Man.

Guesong

I saw one of Duck Hunt's tin can custom move on Gema stream the other day and it was beastly.

Basically the tin can goes back and forth in a set space in front of you instead of always forward. Amazing zoning tool.

Need more impressions of Rosalina and Charizard.
They are on my maybe maining list with Palutena and seeing her moveset hype me so much.
Oh, my Goddess!
Rock Smash has Super Armor. Flare Blitz is invincible.

Rock Smash was already one of his best moves and now it gets Armor? holy crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom