• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Man I'm so bad at Smash. I really need a modus to just get comfortable with the controls and learn all the moves. Especially when I play with items I have no clue on how to use them properly. Smash is quite hard on newcomers. I did comfortably beat Megaman Lv. 5 with Villager though in a one on one with no items. Just using the most standard attacks did suffice :p

Durden77

He seems fine to me. He fits right in with Fire Emblem Characters and other human fighters.

I don't see it. I guess he's pretty anime, but so are the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus casts and people don't mind them.

No more out of place than the fire emblem reps honestly.

Yeah that's what's weird, because I thought the same thing, and thought about him in comparison to them. But for some reason Shulk doesn't fit like they do to me. I dunno. I wanna play him though, so I'm sure I'll come around.

Dunk Hunt absolutely looks like my type of character. Those zoning tools look great and fun. Fuckin hype for him.

I demand we yell until they patch his real laugh in. Like they did for Phoenix Wright and his "Take that!" in Marvel 3. People keep saying his original laugh is in the game, but I haven't heard it once. Only that stupid new snicker.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Duck hunt dog is a better ranged attacker than megaman...lol wut?

Of course, Dog's origin is ranged shooting game. :p

Man Duck Hunt's specials are ridiculously well thought out. I love inventive characters like that.

Yeah, they did fantastic job with the dog. I'm glad that you appreciate him now after you gave me hard time. :)

DHD can control the stage so well. Reminds me of snake

Kinda of. I really hope that I would do him justice when I get my chance to play with him.

Oh waw *-*
Another thing I noticed is that is that Fly doesn't have a fire effect anymore.

I forgot to mention that Flare Blitz covers RIDICULOUS distance. Like from one edge to the other. His DAir also seemed significantly faster to me.

Unfortunately, his grab range doesn't seem as good as it was in Brawl. His grab game was so fun in Brawl. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if choosing to make Duck Hunt a zoning character had anything to do with embracing his history of infuriating players? Because it kind of worked out well haha, especially when he's just smiling while hiding behind a gunman.

Haha, I hope so.

I saw one of Duck Hunt's tin can custom move on Gema stream the other day and it was beastly.

Basically the tin can goes back and forth in a set space in front of you instead of always forward. Amazing zoning tool.

I gotta to take a good look at it.

Durden77

DHD can control the stage so well. Reminds me of snake

Same here. Which is a relief for me. And it happens to be a moveset on a character I love, so I'm super excited now. This is gonna help me deal with Snake being cut easier. Really glad Snake's moveset didn't just get copied and pasted on another character either.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can Villager pocket the Wild Gunman?

Because, well, that'd rock.

Does any of DHD's custom Down-B change the character he summons with Down-B? Would love if one version was a close-range version that summons like the Urban Champion who punches the foes.

Some Duck Hunt customizations I have are a neutral special customization that kicks the can farther but has it explode in one shot, a side special customization that has the first two shots miss the clay pidgeon, trailing behind it, and the third shot hitting it, rather than all 3 hitting it, and an up special customization that's shorter but does damage.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Almost 3000 coins just playing the demo, this is gonna be the longest 3 weeks ever.

Haha. There are quite few DHD supporters in the past but now it grew so much over the time because people really to see how he work. I'm glad that people really like his inclusion.

I'm so happy he seems good, I hate it when the kind of characters I really enjoy seeing show up turn out to be poor. Like Rocket Raccoon. :(

Are there any options in For Fun mode online? Playing the demo, two minutes is way too short for a match, but I'm worried that's all you'll be able to do online.

After playing the demo for awhile I don't think I'm gonna main Mega Man. I think his look and design are perfect but I'm not a real fan of his move set. Maybe custom moves can help him. The number one character I wanna try now is Paluntena. I am also curious to try Little Mac and Wii Fit trainer.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just for the record, if anyone should be able to use DHD without being called a hipster, it should be me.

IF you remember, back in July or so when DHD was first mentioned in a text rumor, I was one of the few to actually seriously consider the idea instead of...dog-piling...on the Smashboard mods and mocking them. Further more, I was on #TeamReal when the leak hit, and even posted the thread for it despite much of SmashGAF saying that was a mistake.

Although I really think I might go with Dark Pit just to be edgy.

EDIT: Take that back, probably use Pac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom