• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Yep, watching this tournament has absolutely sealed the deal on the game for me (not like i needed any help). Characters look fantastic. EVEN NESS!

TheOGB

Banned
So has no one unlocked the Master Hand battle theme yet because apparently everyone uploading music on Youtube is just getting it from the same place and none of them have it yet. >:[

On a side note, did anyone else think that Birdman "plays" pretty much identically to how Hawlucha might play, haha
That guy stole Hawlucha's slot /BibleThump

SuperSah

Banned
Thanks for the tips man. I'm gonna be spending some time with the demo untill release. Already ordered it a few days before the demo, the hype is real.

I'm training you to be battle ready when the game comes along. :p

Yeah, spend time with the demo, and give it time and you'll soon learn what works and what doesn't.

As much as I love Animal Crossing, Villager is the hardest Smash character I have ever played.

As much as I love Animal Crossing, Villager is the hardest Smash character I have ever played.

Yeah, he and Mega Man are totally the antithesis of how I play Smash...but learning them is such fun! Villager is amazing when he clicks.

I really need to use Pocket more!

StayDead

So now identified about 520 and having difficulty finding these ones

Third one is from the DSi game released on 3DS/DSi last year for club nintendo members.

IIEOJly.jpg

Nintendouji

Pretty cool game.

Linius

I'm training you to be battle ready when the game comes along. :p

Yeah, spend time with the demo, and give it time and you'll soon learn what works and what doesn't.

Just because of AC I wanna try and master Villager as one of my main characters to play with :p

Durden77

From what I've heard, a lot of veterans have been rebuilt from the ground up, even if they technically have the same movesets the playstyle is totally different.

This has led to some old players coming in, trying to use familiar characters in the same way, and thinking they're shit because it's not what they expect.

Yeah I can understand that. I mean he does have some noticible differences that some might think are worse, but he seems like he's just been built in a different way this time. I'm really likin what I'm seein. Always rootin for Ness.

And yeh once again, this is pretty awesome seeing a tourney this exciting this early on. Could bode for a great future for this game. It's just fun to watch.

PKrockin

OMG DAT PK THUNDER READ

The player is amazing, but Ness looks perfectly godlike! I thought he was supposed to be shit?!
He's using the one thing that was buffed. His fair now does all the hits like it's supposed to instead of the 3% in Brawl, and due to hitstun he can chain them. That's about all he's got. His recovery is still shit and hasn't improved unlike every other character and the already bad range on some attacks was reduced even more. They meant to nerf him I guess, but maybe he's slightly better than he was in Brawl literally just because his fair works again (even though its range is worse now).

beanman25

Anyone wanna help me get better with practice matches and what not before it launches in the US? I feel like having someone explain the things I do right and wrong would help immensely.

I get smoked in "For Glory" mostly by distance players. Links tear me apart with all of the projectile usage!

We agree on one thing here, friend: fuck Miis.

I have spent a good 10 hours playing Megaman, and I think you are misreading him.

Forward Smash has less range and more startup than Metal Blade and Crash Bomb. Metal Blade can be given 8 directional motion, so you can fire it diagonally up and such. No other character has a projectile like that. Crash Bomb is mediocre, but good filler when you can't use Metal Blade. Also, you can use both while jumping, which you can't do with F.Smash.

Mega Buster can set up throws and it a great harassment tool. No other character can move forward while also spamming projectiles.

Do you know what Megaman am so has down smash for ground moves? It doesn't matter anyway, since his fair is fantastic and covers everything.

Rush combo breaks right now.

Dair spikes as a projectile. Link and Mario have to get up close for theirs.

Nair locks opponents to the ground for P shooter followups.

In my experience, bair is better for jumpins, while fair is better for spacing.

Well maybe I am underestimating him but it's just how I feel at moment. How do you control metal blades? I thought it was weird that they weren't 8 way.

StayDead

This Lucina/Palutena match is pretty ResidentSleeper

2 stocks or death

3 Stocks are way more interesting. 2 stocks removes the mental aspect of a stock lead.

These players are not as good as the best players. They're not edgeguarding well so they're not killing as often as theyn could do.

SuperSah

Banned
Anyone wanna help me get better with practice matches and what not before it launches in the US? I feel like having someone explain the things I do right and wrong would help immensely.

I get smoked in "For Glory" mostly by distance players. Links tear me apart with all of the projectile usage!

Only have the demo here, but rolling and dodging is very beneficial. Try and be careful with projectile users and use tilts and grabs.

Work at it and you'll soon get a nice rhythm going.

Also, this tourney stream is hype but I have to stop watching, it's 1am :lol.

EulaCapra

It's annoys me that even with the extra range, fludd is still relatively useless. I Hope scalding fludd and high pressure fludd are more useful.
I dunno. It feels really satisfying gimping recoveries on the demo with FLUDD. But yes, Scalding FLUDD needs to save us.

Azure J

Hey can someone tell me if power shielding (reflecting projectiles with a well timed shield) is still in? I tried doing that against my brother's Mario earlier and I'm worried since I've never seen one of the fireballs reflect, only get nullified.

Vashzaron

Uh can people actually find each other in Smash run multiplayer? I watched a couple of hours of VGBootCamp playing it and again now and they never run into another CPU or the other player when in Multi.

Rare for that to happen or do people essentially have their own instance?

3 Stocks are way more interesting. 2 stocks removes the mental aspect of a stock lead.

These players are not as good as the best players. They're not edgeguarding well so they're not killing as often as theyn could do.

I dunno match times should be shorter across the board, personally I'd even rather have Melee at 3 stock/5 minutes but it's too late to change that.

Uh can people actually find each other in Smash run multiplayer? I watched a couple of hours of VGBootCamp playing it and again now and they never run into another CPU or the other player when in Multi.

Rare for that to happen or do people essentially have their own instance?

Everyone is on their own map in Smash Run. You can't encounter other players.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, cool Nintendouji! How was that game, anyway? I never saw anything about it so I thought it was canned.

With him and Sakurai Samurai, nice to see minor download titles getting recognized. Where's the Pushmo Trophy?

Vashzaron

Everyone is on their own map in Smash Run. You can't encounter other players.

Yeah I figured right now when I saw two players overlap on the minimap without seeing each other. That in addition of no online is so disappointing.

Could of sworn I heard some treehouse dude claiming you could find and fight other people, but guess not lol.

Revven

Hey can someone tell me if power shielding (reflecting projectiles with a well timed shield) is still in? I tried doing that against my brother's Mario earlier and I'm worried since I've never seen one of the fireballs reflect, only get nullified.

It's Brawl-style powershielding, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom