• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Take Out Bandit said:
This is the origin, although I don't know what a Chobot is (is it like a Go-Bot?). I read it on a forum somewhere (GAF) and it stuck.

It's no worse than North Americans using dumb SRK-isms for Bison, Vega, and Balrog. Although I'm thinking of adopting the SRK-ism "Body Massage" for Hokan. :D

In unrelated news Play-Asia sale is ON! And Vampire Collection PS2 is just $19, if you don't buy this game you're one the members of our government's fictional terrorist organization! >:|

I have all the Saturn versions, but I read this are better ports and I don't have Vampire Hunter 2. Woowooooooooo! You're not ready for this jelly, Darkstalkers is 2Dlicious 4 U!

Cody needs to go back to Final Fight. It's not safe for him here. Kind of a bummer, I never liked any of the Final Fight guys in SFA. Though Poison and Hugo are AWESOME SAUCE!

Does PS2 vampire collection have a special game on there that combines Vampire Savior and Vampire Savior 2? If not then it is super inferior to the godlike Saturn version.

Also said godlike Saturn version looks even better than the arcade if you ask me. I swear it has bigger characters and better image quality. Or maybe im just crazy.

Arpharmd B said:
Does PS2 vampire collection have a special game on there that combines Vampire Savior and Vampire Savior 2? If not then it is super inferior to the godlike Saturn version.

Also said godlike Saturn version looks even better than the arcade if you ask me. I swear it has bigger characters and better image quality. Or maybe im just crazy.

Because Saturn was the console of a dying God. With it's dying breath Sega gave unto us the Saturn and an awesome assortment of glorious arcade ports. :D

Here's the PS2 Collection.

And I think we'd better veer back on topic before we get reprimanded. :p

Morris

Disco Devil
Kadey said:
Shoutouts to lag.

Edit: The rest of these people are Gaffers? Exu, Hycran and that one other guy.

Yeah pretty sure they're all GAFfers, I don't know Hycran's handle though.

I miss you guys </3

For someone who claims he can only play Shoto's(and I mean me), I'm surprised I've never really tried to play Sakura before. Transitioning from Ken/Ryu to her feels like a piece of cake. Almost everything works the same, except Sakura has a better mix up game. I think I'm going to play her more often.

BTW, is PSN GAF still going? I haven't been on in a while. I'd like to get in if it's still on.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
notworksafe said:
And my garbage play on display for all to see!

:(

Pfft. Mine is worse.

I did do a decent match that first round as Cody though. Holy shit, I dunno how I pulled that off.

Bison mirror has always been a wierd match for me because i know so many of the tricks and i know exactly whats coming next, but i still never manage to win. More mental than anything.

Also, i need to learn how to fadc into quarter circle ultras. My command is really good now with the stick, even better than it used to be with the pad, but for some reason i cant seem to do 2 x qcf on either now. I got a platinum in SF4, but at this rate i wont be getting it in super :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm learning with a stick too. I can play directional characters better on a pad but playing a stick really opened me up with charge characters. I wouldn't be able to use Bison and do those scissor kick pressures on a pad without hurting my hands after a match or two.

NeoUltima

Mirror matches when both players choose random. <3
Dan-Dan and Gief-Gief were too good.
Ggs psn

Kadey said:
Gief is one of my mains. I use Abel now and then but I'm not good with him at all.
Abel is so fun. I want to be good with him..but for some reason I just can't be. Can't even finish his last trial :lol.

Kadey said:
I'm learning with a stick too. I can play directional characters better on a pad but playing a stick really opened me up with charge characters. I wouldn't be able to use Bison and do those scissor kick pressures on a pad without hurting my hands after a match or two.

Its good when you become affluent in stick though. It feels more effortless to hold a charge and more precise, even though it took a lot of practice. The J. HP - HP into Heavy Scissors is a crunchy combo, but requires precise charge holding. It wasnt something i could really incorporate into my game, but with the stick i can. Scissors into scissors into short scissors heavy torpedo cross up into empty devil walk up throw, cross up torpedo into scissors. it all requires precise charging!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Onion_Relish said:
Its good when you become affluent in stick though. It feels more effortless to hold a charge and more precise, even though it took a lot of practice. The J. HP - HP into Heavy Scissors is a crunchy combo, but requires precise charge holding. It wasnt something i could really incorporate into my game, but with the stick i can. Scissors into scissors into short scissors heavy torpedo cross up into empty devil walk up throw, cross up torpedo into scissors. it all requires precise charging!

I have carpal tunnel with my left hand. Never hurts when I use a joystick though. It's a godsend really. And yeah, all of Bison's stuff is so easily done on a stick.

Some more new faces I've never seen before.

vissione

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
For someone who claims he can only play Shoto's(and I mean me), I'm surprised I've never really tried to play Sakura before. Transitioning from Ken/Ryu to her feels like a piece of cake. Almost everything works the same, except Sakura has a better mix up game. I think I'm going to play her more often.

BTW, is PSN GAF still going? I haven't been on in a while. I'd like to get in if it's still on.

GGs Rice-Eater. Good to know XBL hasnt completely kidnapped you like Joekage. Dat Ryu!!

vissione said:
GGs Rice-Eater. Good to know XBL hasnt completely kidnapped you like Joekage. Dat Ryu!!

GG to you guys to. PSN seems to be thriving since I last play. I have to participate more. I really like the PSN crowd. I haven't gotten a chance to play most XBL guys. I guess there not available at night, which is the only time I'm available. But the PSN crowd seems to be mostly a late night crew so at least I always have some GAF'ers to play late at night.

Axis

Rice-Eater said:
GG to you guys to. PSN seems to be thriving since I last play. I have to participate more. I really like the PSN crowd. I haven't gotten a chance to play most XBL guys. I guess there not available at night, which is the only time I'm available. But the PSN crowd seems to be mostly a late night crew so at least I always have some GAF'ers to play late at night.

lol we all mostly play at night on xbl; come in the irc chat!

http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#gafranbats

notworksafe

The Take Out Bandit said:
Are you still on 360? I see you have a GT, if yes THEN I HAVE HUGS FOR U!
PSN only for me anymore. My Xbox is a loud, angry, disc eating machine so I try to stay away from it for the most part. It decimated my copy of Vanilla SF4 so I didn't even bother getting Super for it.

GGs for the people I played tonight too. Had fun!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Great games everyone. I was going to sleep and only planned to play a few matches at most. Playing the game woke me up a little.

Played like a little over 30 matches with a streak going on in there somewhere. Lots of LOLs.
Dan vs Balrog. Bison and Honda. Etc.
Didn't recognize some of the people though. Whomever that Bob Coffee guy was. Or Exur or however you spell his name.
It's just too bad a room could only fit 8 people.

DarkSloth

Its been a long long time since last I played with gafchat. The random is stupid broken, though. I was tormented by viper and Guy the entire night. Still, I had a good time.

Shito

Lost Fragment said:
The fact that LP.Fukiage now juggles on *all* characters after a corner EX Hayate is probably the thing that hypes me the most about Makoto AE - it makes her damage output soooo ridiculous!
People that will understand her game now revolves entirely around the ability to push the opponent in the corner will be deadly with her. Haitani did, it seems. ^^

neos said:
Is it my impression, or ssf4 GAF is mainly XBL?
I need some PSn challengers, getting online right now
There are still about 13 guys on PSN crew.....oldschool crew at least.

Me, hito, Be, Roc, God, floyd, edge, log, seph, Gib, neo, rei, Farms

Gun, tim, hitsu, rice, pop in too from time to time.

Lately there have been some newcomers as well.

vissione

Banned
Kadey said:
Yeah. Great games everyone. I was going to sleep and only planned to play a few matches at most. Playing the game woke me up a little.

Played like a little over 30 matches with a streak going on in there somewhere. Lots of LOLs.
Dan vs Balrog. Bison and Honda. Etc.
Didn't recognize some of the people though. Whomever that Bob Coffee guy was. Or Exur or however you spell his name.
It's just too bad a room could only fit 8 people.

And here's the recap of the long ass fights ggs everyone. Glad you took some to play with us peasants on gafchat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osicvOuPjnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJbFPybQHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1T4jUm0UE

Funny thing is I'm still playing with Rocwell... this guy I swear doesn't sleep.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Aw, you didn't have to put my name on them. It wasn't about me.

And you're one to talk about Roc. Every time I sign on, I see you on. Whether I have 20 people on my list on or none, you are always on. Either GT5 or Super.

Oh one of the matches against that Exu guy. Kept jumping into my fireballs. Timed them perfectly.

ie1FF0.gif

I'm quite positive a great deal of the lag and what kicked me off twice was GAF Chat itself.
I was multitasking between the Chat, the stream chat, this thread, AIM chat and a movie.

Suzzopher

Going to clear some space on my PSN friend list, if anyone fancies some games, drop me a friend request saying you're from Gaf.

I only really play with Jiggly Wiggly from here.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
ClakeyD, Mike Ross, and Justin Wong discuss the twins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_QiXgMBevs

Also, heads up, Super Street Fighter IV is on X360 games on demand!
Interesting to see the believe Yun is better than Yang now. "If you play Yun you'll get top 3, if you play yang, you might get top 10" I know he's being facetious, but it's interesting.

EDIT:Hadn't realized they were talking about Justing using Yang, and not Yun

Imm0rt4l said:
Interesting to see the believe Yun is better than Yang now. "If you play Yun you'll get top 3, if you play yang, you might get top 10" I know he's being facetious, but it's interesting.
he could just be referring to thinking that yun is more brainless and not directly commenting on the overall abilities of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom