• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
Interesting to see the believe Yun is better than Yang now. "If you play Yun you'll get top 3, if you play yang, you might get top 10" I know he's being facetious, but it's interesting.

Wong swears Yang > Yun, Wong loses pretty badly to Marns Yun at an early tournament - opinions instantly change. That said, it IS much easier to play Yun at an at least "somewhat effective" level than Yang.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
From what I see, it's America=Yang, Japan=Yun. Still far too early to say which character is overall better but we can all say they are two high tier characters. I want to see Sako's Yang vs Daigo's Yun. AE really needs to come out sooner than later. At this point I'm thinking about buying a cab myself.

Immortal, you have a pretty mean Gouken. Wasn't prepared for that zoning. I've ran into higher BP Goukens that weren't quite as good. I don't have much experience against him to begin with. We should play more.

From my personal experience. Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dudley, Guile, Chun Li, Bison and Blanka are characters I run into the most.

Imm0rt4l

Damn, shades of MVC coming out in Justin in that vid. I thought Mike Ross played mvc2, wheres the shit talk? That loss to Jewelman must be Ether to his soul.

Duelist

EraldoCoil said:
There are still about 13 guys on PSN crew.....oldschool crew at least.

Me, hito, Be, Roc, God, floyd, edge, log, seph, Gib, neo, rei, Farms

Gun, tim, hitsu, rice, pop in too from time to time.

Lately there have been some newcomers as well.

I'm OG PSN GAF too..... :'(

Imm0rt4l

vissione said:
And here's the recap of the long ass fights ggs everyone. Glad you took some to play with us peasants on gafchat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osicvOuPjnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJbFPybQHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1T4jUm0UE

Funny thing is I'm still playing with Rocwell... this guy I swear doesn't sleep.
Props, hadn't realized you streamed this.

I'd like some criticism on my game from veteran dudley players floyd, godsbeard, pxg or whoever knows this character.

1 match 1 hour and 5 minutes in

1 match 58 3 seconds in

2 matches 1 hour and 18 minutes in

Critique me gentlemen.

vissione said:
And here's the recap of the long ass fights ggs everyone. Glad you took some to play with us peasants on gafchat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osicvOuPjnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJbFPybQHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1T4jUm0UE

Funny thing is I'm still playing with Rocwell... this guy I swear doesn't sleep.

You streamed this? Interesting, I didn't know that. It's nice to go back and look at your matches without dealing with the SSF4 replay menu. We still have some pretty strange matches though, always friggin hopping around each other. I guess it'll always be that way between us two.

Rocwell

Sooo I just went from 0 BP with T Hawk to C rank without losing a match... That comeback factor is nuts. Empty jump ultra is 50% free basically. Mashing through your blockstringsss

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Alright, guys, who is "Ace_235" seriously? Trying to put a GAF name to the ID.

USD

MegamanXZero said:
Gootecks's laugh is so creepy. It almost looks like he's crying. Couldn't help but laugh.

thatsmessedupdiwr.gif

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Official Capcom caravan kumite is going on right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/user/supa4blog

They're doing casuals before it starts. It'll be a kumite (Namameso will be the Capcom rep) and then whoever beats Namameso will be entered into a 16 man mini tourney for a special player title.

Mœbius

Kadey said:
From what I see, it's America=Yang, Japan=Yun. Still far too early to say which character is overall better but we can all say they are two high tier characters. I want to see Sako's Yang vs Daigo's Yun. AE really needs to come out sooner than later. At this point I'm thinking about buying a cab myself.

I've been seriously thinking about this as well. Although checking out the price on this site and calculating it, it wouldn't really help me get my hands on it any time soon; I think if I save for a year I could afford it.

Still, something to aim for... lol

Degen

Rocwell said:
Sooo I just went from 0 BP with T Hawk to C rank without losing a match... That comeback factor is nuts. Empty jump ultra is 50% free basically. Mashing through your blockstringsss
Best Grappler

when opponents aren't setting themselves up for churn tactics, they're begging to get dp'd or spired out of the air. meanwhile, they're eating roundhouses and jabs the whole time. that sums up my ranked experience tbqh

somebody told me after some offline matches that fighting hawk makes him go brain-dead, lol

Oichi said:
Official Capcom caravan kumite is going on right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/user/supa4blog

They're doing casuals before it starts. It'll be a kumite (Namameso will be the Capcom rep) and then whoever beats Namameso will be entered into a 16 man mini tourney for a special player title.

Well they're finally showing matches. So if you're not too interested in Marvel, here is a nice alternative.

I must be the only one watching this stream, but man this guy is ridiculous. He has literally done hands into super in literally every match I've seen. Nobody seems to be safe in close quarters when he has super with Honda.

EDIT: OMG, he just did it again to finish off a Abel player.

BlueLegs

Rice-Eater said:
I must be the only one watching this stream, but man this guy is ridiculous. He has literally done hands into super in literally every match I've seen. Nobody seems to be safe in close quarters when he has super with Honda.

First match against Gen where i didn't see him go hands into super since the stream started.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:

I read your post, clicked on the link to the stream, and the first thing I saw was him going from hands into Super against a Bison. Crazy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. The matches that I did catch, he ends most of the rounds with HHH/super. Did he even lose yet?

Edit: Got owned by a Yun finally.

Kadey said:
Yeah. The matches that I did catch, he ends most of the rounds with HHH/super. Did he even lose yet?

I've only seen him lose to a Yun so far. But again, I'm not tuning into every match as I'm constantly switching between 3 streams.

Natural

Rice-Eater said:
I've only seen him lose to a Yun so far. But again, I'm not tuning into every match as I'm constantly switching between 3 streams.

Yeah he lost to a Balrog too when I started watching. Even so, the amount of Hands xx Super was crazy - he did it in pretty much every match I watched.

hitsugi said:
It's a painful match.

...it's Guy

I ended up caving and used Cammy....and got on a hot win streak on dat fei *sigh*

well, I am going to move on from SSFIV and transition to MvC3, until AE version hits (and Guy better not suck, lol)

Wow, rage quitters that have just won like seven matches in a row.

Really?

This really good T.Hawk showed up and started to stuff his Gouken. It was great to watch until Mr. Poopy Pants rage quit.

Poor baby, dudes name was meltsinyomouth or something on XBL. Total crybaby weenie.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
I ended up caving and used Cammy....and got on a hot win streak on dat fei *sigh*

well, I am going to move on from SSFIV and transition to MvC3, until AE version hits (and Guy better not suck, lol)
Not gonna lie, start learning the c.lk, s.mp link now. It's no easier in AE but c.lk comes out much faster and you'll be tagging people with it more often.

I've had several max streaks (20) at Family Fun with Guy and he really feels a lot more solid.

hitsugi said:
Not gonna lie, start learning the c.lk, s.mp link now. It's no easier in AE but c.lk comes out much faster and you'll be tagging people with it more often.

I've had several max streaks (20) at Family Fun with Guy and he really feels a lot more solid.

oh crap! I mean i don't find it hard to do, but the online lag environment really fucks with Guy.

Does st.jab hit crouching opponents now?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom