• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocwell

BotoxAgent said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK3_lN-BATk

Holy Shit @ 1:04 Capcom just gave Rawg a HUGE buff!! lol
Yeah the ability to time travel is pretty big.

I'm not as hype for MvC3 as everyone else seems to be. I'm kinda lukewarm on the roster so far... unannounced DLC may fix that, so I think I'm going to wait for a price drop before picking it up. In the meantime I'm content to stream monster it up and see what kind of insane technology people come up with.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wasn't all that interested until learning that Real Morrigan and Hsien-Ko were going to be in it.

Still hoping for Megaman X, though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Conceited said:
So, is anyone not switching over to Marvel?

Giving it a go, but I'm not sure how much I'll get into it or if it'll hold my attention as long as SF4 has.

My first VS game so most of the concepts and mechanics are pretty new to me. Gonna be interesting to be a (complete) scrub again.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
oh crap! I mean i don't find it hard to do, but the online lag environment really fucks with Guy.

Does st.jab hit crouching opponents now?
I don't know about s.jab on crouchers.. it may, but my bnb is going from c.lk into s.mp-hp chain usually.

Do you play on PSN? We should play

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm going to play Marvel more than SFIV for the next couple of months, but that is primarily because I keep wanting to main Makoto in SF... and I know Arcade Edition is coming by Evo time, hopefully.

Once AE (or even just the expected AE balance patch for the existing SSFIV characters) hits, I'll be serious bidness in SSIV.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Conceited said:

No Jill = No buy.

Until a month later and Capcom gives me her for free (ha. ha. fat chance).

Duelist

I'm still dedicated to SSF4. I play AH3 on the side too, but not really enough since there isn't much IRL competition outside my group of friends.

black_vegeta said:
I wouldn't say I'm switching, I'll be playing both equally.

The Abominable Snowman said:
SSFIV will forever be my bottom bitch. MvC3 is just a sideline ho.

sp_1309_clip04.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
hitsugi said:
I still wonder if they'll do separate patches to bring us into AE or if it'll be one DLC for $20-ish

They'll probably pack balance/stuff that lets you play against DLC characters into one mandatory patch, and being able to actually play the new characters will be DLC.

Toge

Can anyone point me towards Maeda Taison games in the stream last night? I'm flicking through the archive, can't find anything :(

hitsugi

DryEyeRelief said:
aw come on. really? you're saying this?
Only because people act like it'll somehow be coming to us sooner than later. That's the main point - it hasn't really been officially addressed at all which is disappointing D:

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The Judge even landed HHH/Super on Maeda.

I'll be playing both. Marvel for the crazy combos and possibilities and SFIV for the fundamentals.

I see Super having longer legs because I don't think the Japanese will stick with it (It being Marvel) from a competitive standpoint. It's probably why Capcom isn't investing as much into the game as SF based on everything.

Going to attempt to do my own streaming. :) FIOS ftw.

DryEyeRelief said:
aw come on. really? you're saying this?

Seriously, it is true.

There hasn't been anything officially announced by Capcom about an AE patch.

I'm thinking maybe it's being released when Capcom officially unveils Oni and Evil Roo.

DryEyeRelief said:
Question better asked post-AE patch.

I'm a guy with only time to be scrubby at one fighting game at a time so I'll be moving over to MvC. But with regards to a possible AE patch I honestly think that would make me less likely to come back to Super. None of my character have gotten any particularly good changes and considering that I already struggle with rushdown, dive kick characters having to fight through wave after wave of divekick spamming Yuns and Yangs (hate their character designs as well) on Live just sounds painful.

VerTiGo

Banned
I'm contemplating picking up MvC3 but there is no way its replacing SSFIV. I still think crossover games are crap in comparison.

the_log_ride said:
Speaking of which, when are they planning to release SF x Tekken? And 3S online?
My guess would be 3rd Strike before Christmas and SFx early next year so Capcom can get as many people as possible to buy the AE dlc.

I'm staying SSF4, excited to body yuns and yangs in the patch. I am so uninterested in MVC 3 that i even left the psn mahvel chat. Gotta get that grand master ranks!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SephirothRK said:
I haven't seen him before either, but yesterday he wanted to play but didn't get a chance to.

Yeah, he added me and I'm curious what his GAF name is.

El Sloth

Banned
I'll be playing both, but it's looking like I'll be devoting the majority of my time to MvC3. My friends have always preferred the Marvel games to SF.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Setting up stream. Now I know what it feels like to run this thing. I'm going to have to get a more robust laptop in order to do it properly. I didn't know you had to leave the screen capture on. So much work and I've barely scratched the surface.

Axis

not switching to marvel, not even really gonna play it heavily until at least after final round; BRING IT ONNNNNNNNN.

Kadey said:
Setting up stream. Now I know what it feels like to run this thing. I'm going to have to get a more robust laptop in order to do it properly. I didn't know you had to leave the screen capture on. So much work and I've barely scratched the surface.

Team Kadey going in.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
PSN GAF stream? Cause I'll hop on if so

Zapages

Conceited said:

I am going to stick SSF4/AE. I am really content with it. I was never good at MvsC2. I guess, try MvsC3 when Super MvsC3 comes out with all the DLC into one package deal thing. Until then I rather enjoy watching experts play then play it myself. *shrugs*

you have to get a friend to add you then they will invite into chat

also, i feel bad for floydm7, he was styling on everyone then i had to gatekeep with that salt inducing bipson. Felt good going 6-0 in my first 6 games of the night as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom