• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Ranked up Vega to C (only Balrog, T. Hawk, Rose, Fei Long and Adon remain).

Vega really fits my aggressive play style. Plus he has some great pokes--something my main absolutely lacks--and a great escape....again, something my main lacks. lol I really enjoyed playing with him and might pick him up in the future.

And I swear it's getting so much easier to beat scrubby T. Hawks.

1) They're probably going for a condor dive when they jump in so as soon as you jump into them, kick/punch immediately

2) On the ground, when you're facing pressure, just block. They can't do standing 360s :)

3) Block strings: do not do them--unless they are REALLY simple. It's better to just jump in (and maybe do ONE follow-up hit), jump straight up in the air (they're spinning the fuck out of the stick; SPD whiff) and knock them into the ground

4) Have something that punishes a blocked condor dive. You'll be blocking a lot of them.

5) NEVER PRESSURE THEM ON WAKE-UP. That's just asking to get Ultra'd. I mean, if you're feeling ballsy, go for it. Otherwise, don't.

MIMIC said:
Ranked up Vega to C (only Balrog, T. Hawk, Rose, Fei Long and Adon remain).

Vega really fits my aggressive play style. Plus he has some great pokes--something my main absolutely lacks--and a great escape....again, something my main lacks. lol I really enjoyed playing with him and might pick him up in the future.

And I swear it's getting so much easier to beat scrubby T. Hawks.

1) They're probably going for a condor dive when they jump in so as soon as you jump into them, kick/punch immediately

2) On the ground, when you're facing pressure, just block. They can't do standing 360s :)

3) Block strings: do not do them--unless they are REALLY simple. It's better to just jump in (and maybe do ONE follow-up hit), jump straight up in the air (they're spinning the fuck out of the stick; SPD whiff) and knock them into the ground

4) Have something that punishes a blocked condor dive. You'll be blocking a lot of them.

5) NEVER PRESSURE THEM ON WAKE-UP. That's just asking to get Ultra'd. I mean, if you're feeling ballsy, go for it. Otherwise, don't.

We need to fight.

I'll shoot you an XBL invite tomorrow. Same system, same time zone, 216 throwdown sucka! :D

Plus I need to practice Body Massage vs. Olive Garden.

And I can see just how scrubby my T.Hawk really is.

stream.jpg

wtf photobucket lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My gosh. That's so big! Almost as big as Marky's.......

Thanks anyways guys. Just making sure stream is good quality.

dammit, i dont want to play serious tonight.....

currently at 1% serious 99% troll.....

this guy is gonna make me swtich that to 50% serious 50% troll

edit: cant do shit online.

EraldoCoil said:
dammit, i dont want to play serious tonight.....

currently at 1% serious 99% troll.....

this guy is gonna make me swtich that to 50% serious 50% troll
Sorry bout leaving man...ill catch you tomorrow..I wanted to play but my eyes wanted to close shop lol

ShinAmano

Thought I would share the Birthday present my wife made me:
181540_1898060135068_1348585047_2195713_6541845_n.jpg

She grabbed some old arcade bezels I had in my closet for years and made a wooden lightbox and hung it on the wall. :)

Joekage

ShinAmano said:
Thought I would share the Birthday present my wife made me:
181540_1898060135068_1348585047_2195713_6541845_n.jpg

She grabbed some old arcade bezels I had in my closet for years and made a wooden lightbox and hung it on the wall. :)

Oh man, That's awesome dude. Wish I had something like that, I guess I'll stick with my Ryu figurine and Cody drink coaster haha.

XenoRaven

_dementia said:
Speaking of Ryu Figurines, Square Enix are doing Play Arts of Ryu and ChunLi

http://i.imgur.com/npPAkl.jpg
Not trying to be a dick here but who actually likes these? I take one look at these things, see the crazy hinges and want to barf. If they were actually making a legitimate statue, I might be interested. I'm always kind of half-looking for a cool Chun statue.

XenoRaven said:
Not trying to be a dick here but who actually likes these? I take one look at these things, see the crazy hinges and want to barf. If they were actually making a legitimate statue, I might be interested. I'm always kind of half-looking for a cool Chun statue.

Toy collectors.

Statue collectors are a different species, and if you haven't found a cool Chun statue you either arrived too late to the game or haven't been looking hard enough.

I'd like a Guile or Hokan statue, but nobody makes male statues anymore. It's all titty PVC and stuff. :|

XenoRaven

The Take Out Bandit said:
Toy collectors.

Statue collectors are a different species, and if you haven't found a cool Chun statue you either arrived too late to the game or haven't been looking hard enough.

I'd like a Guile or Hokan statue, but nobody makes male statues anymore. It's all titty PVC and stuff. :|
I missed the bus. Didn't start buying statues until pretty recently.

I wish these guys would do Street Fighter stuff:

www.first4figures.com

hitsugi

It seems like there's no point in run canceling Guys close s.mp or mk when used for counterhit fishing since if it does counterhit, you can combo anything afterward regardless.. even if it's just a regular hit, Guy can followup with c.lp whereas if you run cancel a normal hit - you're done

XenoRaven said:
I missed the bus. Didn't start buying statues until pretty recently.

I wish these guys would do Street Fighter stuff:

www.first4figures.com

I'm not seeing anything remarkable on F4F page there.

At least nothing on the level of Sideshow Collectibles or Bowen Designs for Western statue companies.

Japanese manufacturers easily spank F4F. Kotobukiya and Yamato making some of the best stuff.

Go to hlj.com and search for your character, and see what's out there. I'm sure you'll find something up your alley there.

Mimic, invite sent! lol You have so many Chievos!

hitsugi said:
It seems like there's no point in run canceling Guys close s.mp or mk when used for counterhit fishing since if it does counterhit, you can combo anything afterward regardless.. even if it's just a regular hit, Guy can followup with c.lp whereas if you run cancel a normal hit - you're done

i still do s.mp-->run, even though that sucker is not safe. i need to drop that habit

LakeEarth said:
Nothing, its a callback from when someone messaged them a cryptic combination of letters they couldn't figure out.

oh ok, thanks! I remember that episode...but I was just wondering if i missed anything.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
i still do s.mp-->run, even though that sucker is not safe. i need to drop that habit
I still do far mp->run, and occasionally close pokes into it if I feel they're stuck.. and I know it's stylish to land counterhit run-stop chains but it does limit opportunities as well.. otaku throws out meaty close s.mk sometimes now. If it counterhits you can follow with s.mp~hp, etc. No run needed

hitsugi said:
I still do far mp->run, and occasionally close pokes into it if I feel they're stuck.. and I know it's stylish to land counterhit run-stop chains but it does limit opportunities as well.. otaku throws out meaty close s.mk sometimes now. If it counterhits you can follow with s.mp~hp, etc. No run needed

I do close s.mk and hp a lot too, I try too....but it's just that you have to be really close and in their face to do it, ugh :-( But for characters with no dp, and are meterless...I abuse meaty jab-->st.mp or cr.hp into whatever mixup I can do after an untechable knockdown off run slide combo, which helps land big damage.

god, Guy's counterhit setups really do suck in SSFIV, they are not always guaranteed like Rose or Fei. I have to abuse meaty normals on wakeup to make it work the way I want it. And add to the fact that his walk speed is shit and a limited throw range, it's hard to keep opponents honest. Maybe it's an online only thing, i dunno :-/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jump in HK
Far HP
Crouch HK

<3

happy valentines day guys!!!! <3 you all! thanks for all the memories for the past few years!

Balrog-small.jpg

and my special valentine to kadey!

ssfvd.jpg

FORGIVE ME MARKMAN!!!

Haha......have a great day guys!

<3

EC

I know Lost Fragment will look here so, from the marvel 3 thread:

Lost Fragment said:
Is SSF4 the best game evar? Well, I love that game and it's responsible for revitalizing the fighting games as a whole, but saying it's the "best" this gen or whatever still pretty subjective and I don't want to argue opinions. It is one of the most well-balanced fighting games ever tho. Not really sure how that's disputable.

Until AE comes out. Then it'll be less balanced, but still a lot more balanced than 3S and ST and a lot of other games.

Because Bruce Lee is S-tier and Yun is stupid you think the game is going to be less balanced?

DryEyeRelief said:
I know Lost Fragment will look here so, from the marvel 3 thread:

Because Bruce Lee is S-tier and Yun is stupid you think the game is going to be less balanced?
His character got buffed to "top 5" status too. Don't forget that.

_dementia said:
His character got buffed to "top 5" status too. Don't forget that.

that's the thing. A game where the difference between the lowest tier characters and top tier characters is more compressed...wouldn't that be the more balanced game?

Okay well SSFIV has now made me obsessed with fighting games, so I want to go back and start playing 3rd Strike. What is my best course of action? Getting the PS2 Anniversary Collection? If so, would using my PS3 TE stick work on a PS2 game?

Morris

Disco Devil
robotzombie said:
Okay well SSFIV has now made me obsessed with fighting games, so I want to go back and start playing 3rd Strike. What is my best course of action? Getting the PS2 Anniversary Collection? If so, would using my PS3 TE stick work on a PS2 game?

You can play 3S online with GGPO

http://ggpo.net/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey guys. Some fun stuff last few days. Shoutouts to 37 viewers.

Mosh, Canadian top players made an appearance on the stream. Beasted on Rebelo and Shine in a tourney.

Him vs Floyd.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279623070

The runback.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279629195

Him beasting on Edge and Gundam.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279624829
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279630033

Some great Blanka player whom also used a few other characters made an appearance.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279627804

Him vs Rice Eater. They had some good matches going. Ignore the dudes talking on the mic. Didn't mute any of them.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/279631701

Anybody watched the stream last night. Tell me whether the stream looked and sounded like the videos. I just want to make sure everything was good. Always trying to improve. :)

USD

A bit of news. EG won't be attending the Beat By Contest (Feb 19-20):

Beat By Contest said:
We regret to announce that the three guests of EG Team have withdrawn and will not be present at the Beat By Contest. Despite the fact that they have given their word, they decided at the last moment not to come. Justin Wong prefers to focus on his work; for MarnN (who left EG Team) and Ricky Ortiz, we had no further explanation that "they are not motivated any more".

But players, do not grieve, many other top players will be present, much more talented! See our guests page.

After Marn left EG, I was wondering what was going to happen with BBC. Looks like it will only be Europe (V-Ryu, Ryan Hart, Alioune, Luffy) versus Japan (Tokido, Mago, Sako). Pretty disappointing.

Dieminion will be in attendance, so at least there will be someone to represent America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom