• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SuperSEGA FPGA, the “Dreamcast FPGA console” getting ready to take money

VGEsoterica

And that’s probably the sketchiest thing of 2024. Previews with zero hardware shown, prototype Dreamcast footage “running on FPGA” that makes less than zero sense, an FPGA chip stated as driving the hardware that cannot be had for near to the cost of this entire console…all things add up to wtf

But I get asked a lot about this SuperSEGA project so I figured I’d address it. I certainly wouldn’t open YOUR wallet any time soon. But I’ll order it since I’ll get a vid out either way. But something feels V wrong here.

What are your thoughts GAF?

BlackTron

ZVWIM6O.jpeg

Bitstream

This thing looks more like a bootleg dc board than an fpga, which, to be fair, if it's only purpose is to run DC games, is more cost effective to achieve

00_Zer0

And that’s probably the sketchiest thing of 2024. Previews with zero hardware shown, prototype Dreamcast footage “running on FPGA” that makes less than zero sense, an FPGA chip stated as driving the hardware that cannot be had for near to the cost of this entire console…all things add up to wtf

But I get asked a lot about this SuperSEGA project so I figured I’d address it. I certainly wouldn’t open YOUR wallet any time soon. But I’ll order it since I’ll get a vid out either way. But something feels V wrong here.

What are your thoughts GAF?

It always seemed TGTBT to me. I will not support this until I see a final release and even then I will refer to trusted Youtubers like you to fill us in with hands on impressions, but I didn't think it will make it that far. I anxiously await things like GF1 Neptune as I have a lot more faith in that than this vaporeware.

Top Bottom