• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven Goran Eriksson passed away

DKehoe

RIP

Great statement from him

GV54dzOW0AAgOoF

The guy lived a life he loved. You can't ask for more than that.

Always enjoyed this story Dietmar Hamann told about him too:
GV56lWHWoAA0OPn

Last edited:

The Stig

RIP Sven.

If it wasn't for Ronaldinho being an actual magician, I reckon we'd have won the 2002 World Cup under your leadership. You should be celebrated not mourned.

461c44eb1d8253a550e0a0d2839464a4_XL.jpg
argh I sitll remember THAT goal.

anyway, RIP Sven

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
RIP. Haven’t owned a Sony Eriksson in decades but they were good at the time.
Makes you think what happened to those other brands (Sagem etc) before Apple stepped in.

calistan

Just watched the documentary on Amazon, it was unexpectedly moving. I'm not a big England football fan, so I'd kind of blanked out the media circus that followed him when he was here.

Seems like he was an ordinary guy with an amazing talent, who never said no to an opportunity, and enjoyed every last minute of it. Recording such a calm farewell message after receiving a terminal diagnosis is extraordinary. Bye, Sven.

Porcile

RIP. Haven’t owned a Sony Eriksson in decades but they were good at the time.
Makes you think what happened to those other brands (Sagem etc) before Apple stepped in.

Ericsson (not Sven-Goran) got done by the U.S. a few years back for making secret deals with ISIS in Iraq.

Top Bottom