• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweet! Official 4.7 CATS out!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
New Features
This section provides information on new features found in this release of the CATALYST™ Display Drivers. This release introduces a new feature called Temporal Anti-Aliasing. OpenGL and Direct 3D applications will benefit from this feature when custom settings for Anti-Aliasing are used, and Temporal Anti-Aliasing is enabled. The feature provides higher Anti-Aliasing quality when an application frame rate is 60 frames per second or higher. This feature will be located within the ATI 3D tab and will be supported under both Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Performance Improvements
As with most CATALYST™ releases performance has increased in various situations. The following performance gains are noticed:

Further improvements in our Vertex Shader handling bring performance improvements to applications that use stencil shadow volumes. For example, the Battle of Proxycon and Troll's Lair tests gain 10-30% on RADEON™ X800 PRO.
Call of Duty framerates improve 5-10% when anti-aliasing is enabled on RADEON™ X800-series products.
Aquamark performance is up slightly (2-3%) on RADEON™ X800-series products.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/catalyst_47_release_notes.html

And this sounds really cool

Caution: Forcing on Anti-Aliasing is now permitted. This will permit users to use Anti-Aliasing on games such as Madden 2004 (which users are requesting). Forcing on Anti-Aliasing (through the CATALYST™ control panel) in the following games will cause corruption. Anti-Aliasing is not compatible with the following games:

· Prince Of Persia: Sands of Time
· Splinter Cell / Pandoras Box
· Race Driver (TOCA)
· Crazy Taxi 3

Mrbob

Well it doesn't look like a big jump at all for 9800PRO/XT users. Gonna install them now and play some Farcry. See if I get a difference.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
WTF!! They've been working on fixing the problem with BF:Vietnam since it came out!! They better fix the god damn AA issues with BF:Vietnam... I swear :mad:

Mrbob

4.7 gave me worse performance in Farcry than 4.6.

I went back already.

Temp AA looks nice though. Had it on 2XTempAA in Farcry. Vsync is left on with TempAA and it killed my performance on my 9800 Pro!

I wish the update information was more specific. I'd rather not upgrade unless I know there's something in it for older 8500 owners.

Well they've finially fixed KOTOR (at least the unplayable section of DATTOINE that I had an old save of). They've removed 640*432 as a supported resolution with the Component dongle, however. WHY, OH WHY, can't their be 1 single driver that allows both this resolution (for MAME) and KOTOR to play properly!

Top Bottom