• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SWG problem...

Trasher

From the Star Wars Galaxies website:

"Important Notice Regarding Activation Keys
Working closely with our partners at Lucas Arts LLC, we have identified an issue where a batch of Star Wars Galaxies®: An Empire Divided® activation keys were erroneously duplicated by the fulfillment house packaging the product and shipped in sealed retail units. The duplicate key when entered by the second person using it to activate an account will receive a message stating that the key is already in use. If you have recently purchased a retail unit and received the error message stating the key was already used, please contact Sony Online Entertainment's live customer support via telephone or through our live web chat for a replacement key. You can contact our live support by telephone at 858-790-STAR between the hours of 9:00am and 6:00pm PDT. Go here to find out how you can also contact our live support via the web.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some of our customers."

Guess what I just bought after I got hooked from playing the free trial? And guess what happens when i try to activate my account with my BRAND NEW CD-KEY? Says it is already in use... All I have to do though is send them an e-mail about how mine was duplicated, except the game was purchased by my friend because I didn't have the time to go get it (I was out for a week), and he still has the receipt. And this friend just happened to leave to go to England yesterday, and now he won't be back for a week... What the heck am I supposed to play now???

golem

i doubt they'd ask you for your receipt.. probalby haave a database of replicated cd-keys so if you give them one on the list it should be ok.

Top Bottom