• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 2 this month according to Christopher Dring

Go_Ly_Dow

TGS
Emoji Thinking GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I dunno, man. I feel one of the core strengths of Nintendo's platformers has been meticulously designed levels. But if they can translate that into open-world, I am willing to try it.

Did you play Bowser's Fury? I'd be shocked if it's not a full game in that style. Doesn't have to be one massive map, can be "semi open world" with several large maps that evolve with tons to do in each.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I dunno, man. I feel one of the core strengths of Nintendo's platformers has been meticulously designed levels. But if they can translate that into open-world, I am willing to try it.

You really play Bowser Fury its an added content to Mario 3D World port

It's basically Open World Mario and I had a ton of fun playing it

Xyphie

Bowser's Fury is probably a good blueprint for what to roughly expect.

mrmeh

In old threads about how powerful it will be I did allot of down playing... kudos for Nintendo for delaying the console so long it might actually be as powerful as some of the optimists on here were speculating*

*Nah...

Hudo

Did you play Bowser's Fury? I'd be shocked if it's not a full game in that style. Doesn't have to be one massive map, can be "semi open world" with several large maps that evolve with tons to do in each.

You really play Bowser Fury its an added content to Mario 3D World port

It's basically Open World Mario and I had a ton of fun playing it

Bowser's Fury is probably a good blueprint for what to roughly expect.

I've played Bowser's Fury, yes. And that would actually be a nice template to evolve. Let's wait and see.

Hyet

Neo Member
Who's this guy and how's his track record? The hyperbolic tweet makes me distrust him a lot.

Warspite

Only makes sense to me if they're give the current model a nice price cut ($100) to clear out inventory for the early new year launch.

That would be self inflicted wound, with current sales I suspect they could get 1 more holiday season and then drop the price in the new years to clear stocks.

I am surprised the base model has lasted this long I thought the OLED would have gotten a price cut by now and replaced it.

Markio128

Gold Member
But the switch also has the best rated and best selling games. It really makes it undisputed not just an opinion. 🤷‍♂️
The Switch has the best selling games because it is the best selling console - pretty easy to figure that out. And yes, it has some highly rated games, but so did every other console that came out before it. Do you genuinely believe that the Switch games are better than PS1 or PS2 catalogues?
Oh Come On GIF

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I honestly don't see the logic of releasing this info right before the holidays when it's almost surely 0% chance of coming out until 2025. But I guess we'll see. That's really my only opinion on it, makes sense to reveal sometime early next year. Other than that, I don't think it matters when.

Maybe they want their stock to go up. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Oh... So this is "Dring" ?

I like how he stated his opinion as a fact, and people wonder why he skewes his wording about sales data! He is a hardcore Nintendo fanboy 😆

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Best rated because of Nintendo bias, Ninty will sh#t the same thing for the millionth time and the autestic media journalists will eat it up like the best thing ever. Just like the crazy Apple fans

Somehow I would believe it if someone said you had this written on your wall in red paint. It sounds that crazy.

Nintendo uses the same ips but innovates new gameplay ideas constantly. Way more than anyone else and with constant success.

Z O N E

We already know they will announce something regarding Switch 2 within this fiscal year as they literally stated that:

Top Bottom