• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 2 this month according to Christopher Dring

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was nodding my head in relative agreement until you mentioned Animal Crossing vs every Sony franchise. I don’t even know where to start with that one. I can only assume you mean sales?

What I will say is that Sony didn’t rely on 1st party games - I’d argue that MGS, GTA and Resident Evil etc., were the games that Most people will have the fondest memories of. It’s the complete opposite on Ninty platforms.

On that point, Sony (and MS) have massive sellers such as GTAV and Elden Ring, so it’s swings and roundabouts really.

Speaking strictly sales on Animal Crossing. It’s bigger than traditional Mario and Zelda too.

tkscz

We already know they will announce something regarding Switch 2 within this fiscal year as they literally stated that:

Was about to post this. I assumed November as to not interrupt Christmas sales but the Switch sales are slowing significantly.

Markio128

Gold Member
Speaking strictly sales on Animal Crossing. It’s bigger than traditional Mario and Zelda too.
I’ll always have a beef with Animal Crossing on Switch, in that you literally can’t have more than one profile.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that Sony makes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more sales/money than Nintendo from 3rd party releases. It kind of offsets the difference really.

I mean, GTA6 is releasing next year and I can only wish Nintendo all the best trying to best that behemoth.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TGS
Emoji Thinking GIF

100%!!!!

The only realistic news I could possibly imagine Nintendo sharing before January:

- Giving a timeframe for the next console reveal to get people off their backs and so they can stop qualifying "there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor" in every announcement they make.

- Confirming backwards compatibility to encourage people to continue buying digital Switch games and subscriptions this holiday season.

- Showing off a launch game or two that they don't specify, but we all know would be impossible to do on the current Switch.

And I still think that's a long shot. But let's see what happens.

paolo11

Hopefully switch 2 can run switch 1 games on better resolution handheld mode. I want 1080p on Xenoblade games and Zelda (add 60fps too)

Emedan

Day 1 if true.
Honestly, Nintendo has always been god with BC, I was never worried. They would have to go out of their way this time to not include it - just out of spite or something. It's not like the old days where architecture varied immensely between generations so they had to add additional hardware for BC to work. It's only about format and software today honestly - much like PCs.

Emedan

Not surprising, tbh. I would've been surprised if it had no BC.

If companies want to continue with their digital ecosystem bullshittery, then BC is a natural thing to do. Otherwise, you'd give customers an easier time switching platforms if they have to leave their digital library behind anyway.
True, that's how you build lifelong customer retention and loyalty. Locks you into the ecosystem.

Hudo

Sony and Nintendo both dropping hardware announcements this week? Why do they do this?
Because both companies have been planning this for months and are on schedules which other companies (suppliers, third-parties, etc.) have to rely on. And probably also because both Sony and Nintendo don't give that much of a shit about what the other is doing to warrant calling off an announcement.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Because both companies have been planning this for months and are on schedules which other companies (suppliers, third-parties, etc.) have to rely on. And probably also because both Sony and Nintendo don't give that much of a shit about what the other is doing to warrant calling off an announcement.
Gonna be ugly if true, regardless..We're gonna have two opposing propositions, from two completely different ends. Prepare yourself for the drama.. I hate console warring, so I might take a few days off.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

With Microsoft throwing in the towel, akin to what Konami did in the soccer scene with Pro Evo Football, the Switch 2 just might end up being my first Nintendo console since the Cube..

With Microsoft throwing in the towel, akin to what Konami did in the soccer scene with Pro Evo Football, the Switch 2 just might end up being my first Nintendo console since the Cube..
You'll have a large amount of good content to catch up on. I've been doing the same with my Series X.

Top Bottom