• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock 2 remake with HL2 engine would . . .

it would work wonderfully with the doom3 engine. imagine the terminal user interface of doom3 in a SS world??????

think about it. THINK ABOUT ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....

Templar Wizard said:
it would work wonderfully with the doom3 engine. imagine the terminal user interface of doom3 in a SS world??????

Assuming the game would be able to be seen at all, it would indeed work wonderfully.

Bregor

Templar Wizard said:

Exactly.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Andy787 said:
No, it would most certainly work better with the HL2 engine.

Why?

Both Source engine game have SMALLER map sizes overall in addition to other issues that have made me crazy. I can safely say that I'm not impressed with the Source engine...

Doom 3's engine, on the other hand, is fantastic and would suit SS2 much more than Source ever could. The levels in Doom 3 are of the size and type of the areas in SS2 and are much larger than HL2's (which has load points all over the place). Also, Doom 3's engine already has that incredible terminal interface built in, which is perfect for SS.

I still think that CryTek is the best engine around right now, but Doom 3's would still be better for System Shock...

Let’s remake every game ever made with the HL2 engine!

Like Halo 2!

:walks through tunnel with flashlight on:

:fights 3 enemies on beach and jumps in a warthog:

SKIIIIIP SKIIIIP

:drives into tunnel:

SKIIIIP * 20

:reaches bottom of tunnel:

Yeah, that's Halo Source for ya...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bregor said:
If you could look past Fable's loading problems enough to enjoy it, then surely you can do the same for HL2.

I couldn't.

I shelved Fable and forgot about it due to the loading. HL2 isn't nearly that bad, which is why I still love the game and am playing it. Fable on the other hand...

At least we wouldnt have the texture pop-up.

I'd take that any day.

Of course, Source would have a VERY hard time dealing with Halo 2's cutscenes. The game often switches between two entirely different areas with different characters, textures, and models. I bet that Source would have to load each map individually before displaying it...

Why am I so bitter you ask? Half-Life 2 is a f*cking great game, but the technical hitches are absolutely destroying my experience. When I think of the game, I think of loading and skipping. I don't WANT that. There are so many cool moments, but I keep getting pulled out of the game by technical problems. It drives me crazy. I just want to enjoy the game...

SantaC

dark10x said:
Why?

Both Source engine game have SMALLER map sizes overall in addition to other issues that have made me crazy. I can safely say that I'm not impressed with the Source engine...

Doom 3's engine, on the other hand, is fantastic and would suit SS2 much more than Source ever could. The levels in Doom 3 are of the size and type of the areas in SS2 and are much larger than HL2's (which has load points all over the place). Also, Doom 3's engine already has that incredible terminal interface built in, which is perfect for SS.

I still think that CryTek is the best engine around right now, but Doom 3's would still be better for System Shock...

Like Halo 2!

:walks through tunnel with flashlight on:

:fights 3 enemies on beach and jumps in a warthog:

SKIIIIIP SKIIIIP

:drives into tunnel:

SKIIIIP * 20

:reaches bottom of tunnel:

Yeah, that's Halo Source for ya...

rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom