• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taito reveals Raiden III this week

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/30/news_6106063.html

TOKYO--Taito announced today that it will unveil Raiden III at this week's AM Show, which starts this Thursday in Tokyo. The long-awaited third entry in the classic shooter series will be shown on video only. So far, Taito has only announced two other titles that will be shown off at the arcade show, both of which have already been released to Japanese game centers: the 3D racing game Battle Gear 3 Tuned, and the 3D action game Zoids Infinit

ourumov

Battle Gear III tuned !!!!

Wow :)

I would like to play the third installment on home consoles...but a PAL release seems unlikely. I only played it at the arcades an I thought it was fun. More locations than 2 and better graphics :) .

WarPig

It would have to be the Type X, I think.

Is Battle Gear a 246 game? I forget. Type X would more than suffice for a good-looking shooter, tho.

DFS.

jarrod

Banned
Both Battle Gear 3T and Zoids Infinity sre Sytsem 246. The only announced Type X game so far is GigaWing Generation... I bet Raiden III is on it too.

aku:jiki

Awesome news indeed!

But what happened to Seibu Kaihatsu? Why are Taito developing now? I'm confused. It's also kinda confusing that they'd choose to go back to the "main" Raiden and not continue Fighters, but I'm cool with that.

Here's to hoping it'll be all 2D too. (GigaWing 3 being on probably the same hardware kinda scares me about that, since it looks like crap graphically.)

jarrod

Banned
Taito might just be the publisher (as they are with GigaWing Generation). Also the Type X hardware is pretty loaded...

-CPU~ Celeron 2.5GHz
-OS~ Customized Windows XP, Direct X
-Chipset~ Intel 865G
-Graphics~ ATI Radeon 9200SE
-Controllers~ USB joysticks
-Media~ Games shipped in hard drives

...better than Chihiro, TriForce, System 246 or Naomi 2 and likely cheaper as well. Taito's setting this up as a rival for the low cost Atomiswave I believe.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
well there's a surprise. never would've guessed we'd see another raiden game, let alone a game in the old raiden series. wonder who's developing. and i hope the big name gets it ported to a console, or i'll probably never get to play it.

Izzy

Banned
My favourite Raiden, Raiden Fighters Jet runs on 386 DX CPU and it looks awesome. I can only imagine how awesome will Raiden III look. We'll see about the gameplay.

Top Bottom