• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Takashi Miike's next: IZO Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

Lets see.. we have random murderizing, Vampires, bullet-time, Takeshi Kitano, BLOOD, time-travelling samurais, BOB SAPP for the god sakes!!! and more body splitting than you can shake a katana at. I can't wait for this, Ichi was one of my favourite films of 2001 and I still can't bring myself to watch Audition again, it's that freakin' creepy, Miike's absolutely untouchable at the moment.

http://www.b-bat.tv/izo/asx/trailer/0500k.asx

HAOHMARU

I didn't like Ichi The Killer that much and City of Lost Souls was horrible. 2004's Ichi 1 I thought was a lot better than the original. Full Metal Yakuza was ok...

I still have to see Audition (I have it, just not in the mood to watch a movie like that right now) and Visitor Q. I also would like to check out his Dead or Alive trilogy.

In any case...this guy is overrated in my opinion. Half of his movies have the worst plot...the other have have decent stories but he jumps all over the fucking place that it is hard to follow. I guess if you like over the top violence and shitty editing then this guy is your type.

Kuroyume

Banned
HAOHMARU said:
I didn't like Ichi The Killer that much and City of Lost Souls was horrible. 2004's Ichi 1 I thought was a lot better than the original. Full Metal Yakuza was ok...

I still have to see Audition (I have it, just not in the mood to watch a movie like that right now) and Visitor Q. I also would like to check out his Dead or Alive trilogy.

In any case...this guy is overrated in my opinion. Half of his movies have the worst plot...the other have have decent stories but he jumps all over the fucking place that it is hard to follow. I guess if you like over the top violence and shitty editing then this guy is your type.

No... COLS is his best film... COLS is my favorite film of all time actually...

HAOHMARU

Kuroyume said:
No... COLS is his best film... COLS is my favorite film of all time actually...

Care to explain why it is your favorite film of all-time? I'd rank this in the "I wish had those 2 hours back" category.

Kuroyume

Banned
Do I really need to? I liked the soundtrack, acting, and wackiness. Would you accept my answer if I were to give you a meatier one? No... I just love it, that's all.

HAOHMARU

I would accept your answer either way...that is your opinion. It just floors me that you have this as your favorite all-time movie. I mean (just sticking with the Japanese film theme) there are masterpieces done by Kurosawa in Japanese film. Yet, COLS ranks as your all-time favorite?

I don’t know...maybe you aren't as much as a film buff as I am. I'm not knocking you at all here...I just find it intriguing that you like that movie that much.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oh no way am I saying COLS is better than anything by Kurosawa or any other highly respected film, I just really love COLS so much to the point where I can declare it as my favorite flick. I could say many other films are better, I just really love this one. :p

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I really love City of Lost Souls too, but I think Audition is his best work. Bird People in China, and Dead or Alive 2 are other favorites of mine.

Kitano and Miike were supposed to work together on Zatoichi but they couldn't work out the schedule.. this trailer looks like them making up for that... in a big way. I can't wait to see it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
HAOHMARU said:
I also would like to check out his Dead or Alive trilogy.

Words cannot describe how stunned I was at the end of Dead or Alive: Final.... that's all I'm going to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom