• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Conference call from yesterday (Rockstar working on PSP launch)

Courtesy of taketwoisundervalued at the yahoo ttwo message boards :D

Several products will be available for PSP at or near launch from TTWO with a couple coming from Rockstar.

Max is not dead.

Jack of all games has distribution agreements for all major hardware & software makers/publishers. I had heard this before, but this was the first time I heard it from the horse's mouth.

Strong near term pipeline
GTA
Conflict Vietnam
ESPN NBA & NHL
College Hoops
MC3 DUB addition
The Warriors
Charlie & the Chocolate factory
PSP products

The products that use Renderware are involved in long term contracts so ERTS acquisition doesn't appear to be anything to worry about.

The company is in strongest financial strength ever. 200MM cash, 300MM working capital, no debt. Pointed out that all of TTWO's cash was internally generated from operations vs. other publishers who raised cash in equity markets.

Seems to be a focus on children's products, which I think makes sense late in the cycle:
Dora the Explorer, Codename kids next door, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, etc.

Seemed to be open to the idea of licensing opportunities. I would like to see TTWO add some licensing deals to help diversify. Some deals with Marvel (another stock I own) would be great if they aren't exclusive to Activision, (which they haven't been in the past).

johnjohnson said:
Hmmm... still no announcement of GTA:SA for xbox... hmmmm.

You aren't going to be seeing that for awhile. They aren't going to hurt SA's PS2 sales by announcing an Xbox version now.

SolidSnakex said:
You aren't going to be seeing that for awhile. They aren't going to hurt SA's PS2 sales by announcing an Xbox version now.

You mean they're not like Capcom? :D

I'm very sorry for what I just said. :D

If it's proven games then it'd be out of 3 games i'd guess.

RDR2
Midnight Club 4
Manhunt 2

It's not a new GTA, that series is done for this generation.

Top Bottom