• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Remastered releases on February 17th, 2023

Mr Hyde

I'm thinking of replaying this. Was such a long time ago I played it and I liked it very much. By far the best Tales-game. And Colette and Lloyd were such a great couple. Her journey and subsequent fate is so tragic.

anthony2690

Did this get brought forward? Maybe the march date I saw prior was placeholder.

I'll order this for the shelf, loved this on GameCube.

jonnyXx

Is that Switch footage they are showing? There doesn't seem to be any anti-aliasing and there is so much jaggies.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
yeah the 30fps thing sucks but its still symphonia at the end of the day... great game if you can play it.
if you hate it so much you can play the GCN version easily.

anthony2690

I hope this ost/intro will still be in the game!

Must've watched it a million times on the demo/trailer disc prior to getting the game.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm about top finish it in the Steam version, great game, but I wouldn't play it on anything else than easy since cutscenes dialogs are long and unskippable.

Other than that, I've fell in love with the characters, to the point I'm actively looking for the OVAs to watch with my gf so she can enjoy the same story I've enjoyed these past months.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Excuse Me What GIF by Nickelodeon

30fps? It ran 60 on GC for fuck sake

Kataploom

Gold Member
Yeah, they absolutely botched the remaster. Like why remaster a game(in a series where 60fps is the standard for combat) but downgrade it to 30fps. Fucking pointless lol.
Afaik it's based on the PS3 remaster version, which is based on the PS2 version, which was 30fps

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Remaster at "HD 30fps" what is this? The PS3?

One of my favorite games of all time, butchered. Again
Yeah but it FULL HD now, maybe 4K too
I agree though the game should be 60fps
Don't agree with people discarding the game because it's not though.

Last edited:

blackjon24

Yeah but it FULL HD now, maybe 4K too
I agree though the game should be 60fps
Don't agree with people discarding the game because it's not though.

I love this game but won't lose any sleep if this port fails. Do they think we are stupid or something? This game came out 3 generations ago at 60fps. Plenty of remastered from that era have been brought to the modern age at high resolution 60fps. No excuses, if they want my money, they should earn it.

I don't encourage piracy but how is it fair that someone can play a pirated version of this game right now that is better than what is being sold to me?

Is that Switch footage they are showing? There doesn't seem to be any anti-aliasing and there is so much jaggies.
Switch games typically don’t have AA, and it’s a remaster of a very old game, so the clearer the image resolution, the more noticeable the low-poly models of that era will be visible. It’s not a remake.

Just watched the trailer again; I just noticed, at 1:03, the party has both Kratos and Zelos at the same time, fighting in the Temple of Darkness. To my knowledge the only part of the game where you have both in your party is during the Iselia Ranch, which you can't leave. It could be nothing, or it could mean this is a bit more than just a remaster... but why wouldn't they advertise the changes?

Top Bottom