• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target.com (U.S.) XBOX Gamepass Ultimate 3 mo. $29.99+tax (Max 3)

RowdyReverb

If I have 1 year of Gold and redeem a GPU card, will it convert my remaining Gold subscription into a shorter GPU sub?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
If I have 1 year of Gold and redeem a GPU card, will it convert my remaining Gold subscription into a shorter GPU sub?
I believe there are several ways to get a discounted sub at the moment.

In this case, what I would do is this, if you don't have an active Gampass Ultimate right now:
• Buy XBOX Live Gold and add to your account
• Take advantage of the subscribe for $1 offer https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass

If you can find ways to add more Gold at a reasonable or cheap price, I'd add that before subbing.

This should convert your XBOX Live Gold that you added previous to activation to GPU at a 1:1 ratio. I believe this can be done again if someone has GPU that is about to expire during the offer period as well. This is currently, the cheapest way to get GPU for a while if you don't have a current or soon to expire GPU subscription.

Once you have subbed, any additional Gold added would convert to GPU for an active GPU subscription at a ratio depending on how long the Gold added would be for.

Darklor01

For PC gamers, just get the cheaper Gamepass for PC instead of Ultimate.
You still can get access to EA Play, and you don't need Gold to play online.
PCMR 🤭 :messenger_ok:

Yeah, I'd recommend what you're suggesting for PC gamers as well.... unless you have both PC and XBOX console for whatever reason that might be.

I have a semi-recent laptop which I like to toss some games on now and then, but got an XSX for gaming along with the PS5. (I just can't afford what I'd want for a proper gaming PC these days to have along side the PS5). For people in this boat, might still make sense to have GPU.

Reactions: Isa

Darklor01

Is this a good deal? What is MSRP for 1 mo of GP?
Normally GPU for 3 months is $44.99. This is $29.99.

1 Month would normally be $14.99. Target is not discounting the $14.99. It's basically 33% off a 3 month card.

If you don't currently have a GPU sub, the cheapest way to get in would be:
• Buy XBOX Live Gold and add to your account
• Take advantage of the subscribe for $1 offer https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass

If you can find ways to add more Gold at a reasonable or cheap price, I'd add that before subbing.

This should convert your XBOX Live Gold that you added previous to activation to GPU at a 1:1 ratio. I believe this can be done again if someone has GPU that is about to expire during the offer period as well. This is currently, the cheapest way to get GPU for a while if you don't have a current or soon to expire GPU subscription.

Once you have subbed, any additional Gold added would convert to GPU for an active GPU subscription at a ratio depending on how long the Gold added would be for.

I'm stocked up through February 2023 so I'll pass on this sale in hopes of a better deal around Black Friday. There was a pretty good BOGO sell that brought these codes down to roughly 20 a piece. 30 for 3 months is still a damn good deal for all the games you get to play.

Darklor01

I'm stocked up through February 2023 so I'll pass on this sale in hopes of a better deal around Black Friday. There was a pretty good BOGO sell that brought these codes down to roughly 20 a piece. 30 for 3 months is still a damn good deal for all the games you get to play.

Same now. I had been up through Oct. 2022 after some recent ebay acquisitions, but now, good through August 2023. I'll hold off until 2023 for more deals.

Kuranghi

Can someone who is obsessed by having smooth frame-pacing and reducing stutter from shitty v-sync + Windows fullscreen optimisations bullshit and the like to make games run really smooth tell me what your experience is with Windows Store gaming?

I read online you could still do these sorts of fixes with a bit of faffing and even use RTSS with Windows Store apps but I couldn't get it to work because it was always forced to borderless fullscreen.

How do I apply command-line arguments to games if I can't access the .exe in the WS folder? I really want to take advantage of all these small games I want to play (and bigger ones ofc, like Yakuza, just not nearly as many of them) but I can't abide that shitty Windows Desktop Manager messing up the frame-pacing and not being able to force Fullscreen Exclusive if I need to.

I know it sounds mad to some but being able to do that stuff is worth just paying the full price of the game for me, which is probably comparably 10x as much as what I'd pay for a month of Game Pass where I can beat several titles each month for £10.

Another reason specific to right now with the GPU shortage is I find most modern games need to run at 1080p or barely above even with optimised settings to properly lock to 60fps so I prefer to go all the way to native 4K + max settings and lock to 30 to have a completely smooth experience, but v-sync lag makes 30fps a total slog, even nvidias much improved half-rate v-sync adds too much so I really "need" to use RTSS in this case to use scanline sync for no added sync lag.

If I had something like a 1080 ti I'd be happy with 1440p60, but 1080p looks like crap on a giant TV with how much detail there is today and how most engines are deferred and/or have terrible AA, its like:

*music swells*
Imagined game voice talking to me: "Check out this SWEEEEEET vista Kuranghi" or "How amazing does THIS cutscene LOOK, its like bloody PIXAR you graphics-whore-bastard"

*Me, squinting at a 1080p image and rubbing my glasses as if they have bacon grease on them*:

jim carrey alrighty then GIF by Morgan Creek

This is the only thing stopping me getting Game Pass on PC right now so I'd appreciate a frame-nerd weighing in here if they can, or via PM if they want to hide their shame.

I have GP Ultimate until January 2023 so I'm in no rush but I'm going to start using these deals to add more months to my subscription. I love GP and I don't see myself letting my subscription expire.

Danknugz

Not sure if mentioned yet but don’t forget about the recurring billing trick for free months.

1. Turn off recurring billing
2. Redeem 1 code and agree to a free month if you enable recurring billing
3. Go back and disable recurring billing before redeeming your next code
4. Repeat as needed

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Not sure if mentioned yet but don’t forget about the recurring billing trick for free months.

4. Repeat as needed

Que que WUT.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Right now there is 3 months of Ultimate for $1

Normally you can get Gamepass (minus Gold and Live) for $9.99 a month. $14.99 for GPU

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Right now there is 3 months of Ultimate for $1

Normally you can get Gamepass (minus Gold and Live) for $9.99 a month. $14.99 for GPU
Where are you seeing this? $1 for 3? Hmm

I may have spoken too soon. Just tired and didn’t get the offer on second code. Others have posted it worked for them, YMMV
I'll set it up that way just in case. Ty

Darklor01

4. Repeat as needed
Well, damn,.. I didn't know this. I could have gotten three months free. LOL.

WoodyStare

Used some Microsoft rewards credit towards Amazon gift cards, got another 3 months of Ultimate for $10, now I’m good until August of next year. I’m sure there will be plenty of sales in that time so I can keep stacking.

elliot5

What's the best way to maximize discounts and get gamepass on PC? Mine is expiring in September.
Use Microsoft Rewards as a way to get it for "free" via just doing Bing searches/edge use and stuff.

Alternatively, buy deals like this when they happen (same goes for stuff like EA Play when it goes on sale).

Alternatively to that, go on CDKeys or Eneba and buy the GPU for 1 week codes for like, $1 which comes out to about $5 per month of Ultimate. It's just a slow, tedious process adding them to your account and you may run in to codes not working.

The nuclear option is to let your sub expire in September and then stock up on Xbox Live Gold -> buy Ultimate to convert it all 1:1.

Top Bottom