• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Technic beat!!!!!!!!111111

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Oh man mastiff rules for bringing this over. hassa is the coolest duckbilled platapus in any game ever.

how do i unlock new characters and stuff?

aku:jiki

I wish I knew. :(

That's what I never liked in the japanese version. They changed the unlocking around completely from the original (Technictix), which I played first and loved.

I remember thinking it has a lot to do with perfecting songs, though. Like getting whatever they call it, the perfect hits, a lot. That's what put me off, because Technictix didn't require you to play perfectly -- just good enough -- to get stuff.

Edit: Actually, I also remember wondering if it even has unlockable characters. See, Technictix only lets you play as the girl and the little balls-on-his-head dude from the start, everyone else is locked. 'Beat gives them all to you from the get-go (except for Skullo, I think?). I dunno. Nobody ever cared about the import so it was never picked apart by anyone. :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
jesus, how many songs are in this game? 87?

its nice to play a music game with original gameplay

Ah man! They didn't have it at the one by me.

"We don't carry weird games. We're mostly a family/Nintendo store."

Booo!

Is EB even carrying it? It's not on their website, and they're not listed as one of the Fine Retailers carrying it on Mastiff's. I think EB hates the Big Woof, as I'm pretty sure they didn't carry Space Raiders, either. What's with these game specialty stores deciding they don't need to be game speciality stores?

Tomorrow I'm gonna go check out those BJ's-type places like Mastiff suggested.

I picked this up yesterday but forgot to mention :-\ I found it at Game Quest but is also available at GameStop (depending on the location due to it's a "C" class title. FUCKING STUPID ASS GAMESTOP!!!!). Your best bet is to order online if you can. Game Quest and Gamestop both have sites to order from. BTW, EB has nothing in their system for this game and it doesn't look good about them stocking it.

At any rate, buy the game if you find it. IT ROCKS!!!

eXxy said:
costco's and sam's club, or something. they were supposed to get it first.

Guess I'm hitting them up tomorrow. I bet Canada got like no shippments of this game, so I'm doubtful I'll be able to get a copy anywhere. Sigh, I see an ebay purchase in my future.

aku:jiki

I'm lazy and not sure where I'd look for it anyway... but how much is this in the US? Might just have to get it and finally be able to read menus and instructions and stuff.

daMandus

Supposed to be 14.99, but GameStop that was mentioned above has it listed for 19.95 and then the shipping is 29.99 to Sweden. Jösses!

I put my trust in Ebay.

TechnicBCover.jpg

If you spot this, do not hesitate for one second to snatch this up!!!!

daMandus

Mr_Furious said:
TechnicBCover.jpg

If you spot this, do not hesitate for one second to snatch this up!!!!

If I only got that cover as a poster I would gladly pay the outrageous shipping. And the game seems fun.

Ronabo

I've been wanting to play this one for years.

I'm on my way out the door to the nearest Sam's Club in hopes they have it.

Once again, no New York stores have it yet. And I have interest "hunting" for yet another quirky tite, no matter how good it is. Katamari pretty much took all that enthusiasm out of me.

Am I always right when I say a game kicks ass, or what? Glad to see some people finally listening, yet again. :D

Sporks - if it's the same as the Japanese version, there are 85 tracks. Here's the list I made back when I was trying to unlock all the songs:

01 Days Dreamer
02 Phone Dead Room
03 Earth Will
04 Sweet Patch
05 Visited Alone
06 62-1
07 Clip Click
08 Mao's Travel
09 E.H.M.V.
10 TGM in the Bottle (from Tetris the Grand Master)
11 Rambler
12 Inside One
13 Diamond Troll
14 Spiral Life
15 Hypnotherapy
16 Broken Shack
17 1970 Modern
18 Bossa Antique
19 Happy Happy (ending theme of Tetris the Grand Master)
20 Marine Snow Dance
21 Dizzy Dog
22 Hard Head
23 Dynamite Egoist
24 Segment4
25 Hectic
26 Sasia
27 Arabesque (from Street Fighter EX - theme of Pullum Purna)
28 Night Life
29 Suicide Robot
30 Roteen da Moon (Rottel-da-Sun remix?)
31 FAKE WORLD MANIAX (from Street Fighter EX2)
32 TE-20 (from Fighting Layer)
33 Rambler Hard ver.
34 Days Dreamer Hard ver.
35 TGM in the Bottle Hard ver.
36 Clip Click Hard ver.
37 E.H.M.Y. Hard ver.
38 Night Life Hard ver.
39 Roteen da Moon Hard ver.

---- Namco Tracks

40 Xevious
41 Dig Dug
42 Mappy
43 New Rally-X
44 Libble Rabble
45 Assault
46 Burning Force
47 Metrocross
48 Youkai Douchuki
49 Motos
50 Thunder Ceptor
51 Ordyne
52 Rolling Thunder
53 Pacmania
54 Barabo Man
55 Genpei Toumaden
56 Dragon Spirit
57 F/A
58 The Return of Ishtar
59 Splatterhouse
60 TOY POP
61 X-Day
62 Sky Kid
63 Ridge Racer
64 Galaxian3
65 Dragon Buster
66 Winning Run
67 Wonder Momo
68 Gun Bullet
69 The Tower of Druaga
70 Cosmo Gang the Video
71 Sky Kid Hard ver.
72 PacMania Hard ver.
73 Burning Force Hard ver.

---- PS2 Exclusive Tracks

74 brisa do mar (from EverBlue 2)
75 Spider Control 16th
76 The Absolute (from Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute)
77 Stronger (from Street Fighter EX - theme of Garuda)
78 Crowded Town
79 Prismatics
80 PURACHINA (from Card Captor Sakura)
81 Sakura Mankai (from Street Fighter EX2 - theme of Hokuto)
82 Ancient Zone (from Street Fighter EX3)
83 L7-A2 (from Fighting Layer)
84 Stronger Hard ver. (from Street Fighter EX - theme of Garuda)
85 LOVE MAHJONG (from Mahjong Net de Ron!)

aku:jiki said:
Poinie's still sucks, dude.

I was totally never in the Poinie camp and you know it! My love began and ended at the theme song.

I did give it a full 10-hour treatment a few months ago, though, and thought it was funny, though pretty much completely broken as an actual game.

Besides, I'm just talking about the stuff I've all-out evangelized on here (Katamari, Drill Land, Kururin, Gurulogi, this... and, uh... Kirby's Air Ride >_<). Not the flash-in-the-pan sort of pseudo-hits I got all into for a day and talked about on IRC, like Sound Qube. :>

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh man. look at all those namco tracks. i need this game. keep us updated on where you people are actually finding it. i'd obviously rather pick it up for $15 than spend $26 at gamestop.com.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
aku:jiki said:
Poinie's still sucks, dude.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bobbyconover said:
My love began and ended at the theme song.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hold me, brandonnn. I'm cold.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm not sure if this game will remain super-hard to find, but we got a shipment of 4! at Gamestop...sometimes Mastiff is a bit slow in meeting ship dates I hear. You may want to check your favorite stores again.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
bobbyconover said:
I was totally never in the Poinie camp and you know it! My love began and ended at the theme song.

I did give it a full 10-hour treatment a few months ago, though, and thought it was funny, though pretty much completely broken as an actual game.

Besides, I'm just talking about the stuff I've all-out evangelized on here (Katamari, Drill Land, Kururin, Gurulogi, this... and, uh... Kirby's Air Ride >_<). Not the flash-in-the-pan sort of pseudo-hits I got all into for a day and talked about on IRC, like Sound Qube. :>
I'm still pissed off that I even purchased Sound Qube.

Top Bottom