• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Technic Beat Ships (pr)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
...good luck finding it though. Mastiff's CEO told me Sams and Costco would have it right away, but other than that... it might not be widely available.

Technic Beat for PlayStation 2 Dances to Retail

Rhythm fans get in the groove with Mastiff's addictive music game for a great low price

SAN FRANCISCO, CA November 2, 2004 Video Game publisher Mastiff today announced that Technic Beat, an innovative and addictive music game for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, has shipped to retailers through North America. Developed by Arika and featuring tunes from some of Namco's most popular games, Technic Beat allows players to actually create, alter and dance on screen to their own music. The game will be available at a special low price.

"It's weird, it's unique, and so psychedelic that it'll hurt your brain. I love it!" says PSM: 100% Independent PlayStation 2 Magazine. "Put simply, Technic Beat is both challenging and addictive on a level few games of this type manage to achieve on their best days," adds eToychest. "In all, Technic Beat is an extraordinary addition to the rhythm game genre." IGN calls Technic Beat "one of the craziest rhythm games ever created."

In Technic Beat, players listen to music represented in the game by radiating concentric rings of sound. Picking up the beat, they dance into the middle of the rings and try to "catch" the music. If successful, they achieve the power to manipulate the sound rings and create entirely new music. As players progress and gain skill they are rewarded with spectacular visual displays, bonuses, and power ups.

"Technic Beat is loud, colorful, and completely wacky," says Bill Swartz, Head Woof at Mastiff LLC. "It's not like any other rhythm game out there, and though Technic Beat may look cute, it's a wickedly challenging game. At only $14.99, it's a great deal."

Technic Beat features include:
" Arcade mode - use the Tension Meter to measure your performance. Push it up and you're on to the next round!
" Free mode - choose the songs you want to play. Save and replay your performances, and control the camera and music.
" Challenge mode - choose the difficulty level and let the game pick your test!
" Sudden death - Can you play all the songs in order without a single mistake?
" Supports one or two players playing cooperatively or competitively.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Pedigree Chum said:
Me wants! What's the MSRP? like $15?

I know press releases are boring but you still could've read the damn thing. Or, at least scanned it...the dollar sign would probably jump out at you.

Either way, I really wanna find this game. I'm pretty sure the Gamestops will have it (it's in their computer and on their website) but mine hadn't received a shipment today yet.

Has anyone found it?

BuddyC

GameStop.com is charging $20 :/

After shipping, it's $26.98. Oh well, at least I'll have it by the end of the week.

Top Bottom