• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken fans riddle me this

Both Kazyua's and Lee's fighting style are supposed to be of the Mishima style. However they do not fight the same at all. If anything Lee's and Law's are similar. Anyone want to explain the paradox of this?

As you can tell this has bothered me for some time.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Lee was never able to master the Mishima fighting style, he was then taught to fight by Law.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
JC10001 said:
Actually, Lee was taught by Wang.

Hmm FAQ I read said he trained with Law in the US:

"Lee is chosen to go to America to study American business over Kazuya. Kaz is furious. Lee trains with Marshall Law."

Does Namco's site have the official history?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
DarienA said:
Hmm FAQ I read said he trained with Law in the US:

"Lee is chosen to go to America to study American business over Kazuya. Kaz is furious. Lee trains with Marshall Law."

Does Namco's site have the official history?

There's always the possibility that I'm wrong but I am 99.999% certain it was Wang. The FAQ might be wrong. There is another FAQ somewhere named Historius Tekkinus or something weird like that. That FAQ gets most, if not everything, right and it is most likely mentioned there.

JC10001 said:
Actually, Lee was taught by Wang as was Xiaoyu (which means the old guy LIVES!!!). :D

Actually I read that Lee was trained by Wang (that may be from some fan fic) to stop the Mishima. Ling was taught by a student of Wang not Wang himself.

Lee was took week to master the Mishma style of fighting so Heihachi sent him to wang were he tought him how to fight, but in Tekken one Lee got his ass handed to him by Kazuya.

tekkenmasterAC said:
Lee was took week to master the Mishma style of fighting so Heihachi sent him to wang were he tought him how to fight, but in Tekken one Lee got his ass handed to him by Kazuya.

Ok so why does it say his fighting style is Mishma style. And I think that Julia should have some link throws.

Lee was trained by Wang, as was Heihachi, IIRC. Some other master taught Wang. Most of this stuff was in the first games' instruction manual I believe.

Dujour

Banned
Heihachi adopted Lee when he was a little brat that used to fighting in the street. I guess that's the same style that he kept in the games. In the first tekken, all the secret characters were just dopplegangers of the originals. Lee was Law's match. I wish there was some way to unlock Devil Kazuya which was just Vegita with a scouter. Despite all it's flaws, I love tekken.

Sumasshu

Serafitia said:
I wish there was some way to unlock Devil Kazuya which was just Vegita with a scouter.
You can unlock him in T1 by getting a perfect score in the mini-game while the game is loading up. But if you mean perminantly unlock him so you don't have to do that every time you want to play as him, then disregard this post. :p

Top Bottom