• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken film for 2006

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Qoute:

...the two treatments for the movie under discussion right now:

Version 1 - A worldwide martial arts tournament is nearing its final, with a large purse of prize money going to the fighter who can defeat Heihachi Mishima in the final round of the competition. The contest is sponsored by the giant financial group, the Mishima Zaibatsu. There are eight fighters that remain after winning death matches all over the world. The winner of the tournament will receive The King of the Iron Fists title. Who will be the one to defeat Heihachi Mishima and take home the prize money and fame? Will it be you?

Version 2 - Towards the end of the 20th century, a mysterious challenge went out to all who were deserving. No one knows from where it originated, but its draw was irresistible. The promise of power and riches beyond those attainable by the common man all to go to the survivor. From the depths of the lower earth to the far reaches of the outlands the call escaped no one. Many perished during the mortal street fights that were only a preview of the challenges that were to come. Only 8 remain, those with the true killer instinct, all ready to die, to gain the title of "TEKKEN", "Lord of the Rave War."

Um, amazing...

Matlock

Banned
Sounds like they just copied and pasted the plots right out of the Tekken 1 and 3 manuals.

Needless to say: SPONG.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
JC10001 said:
Spong just ripped this news story straight off of Dark Horizons. It was posted there the other day.

The story is taken from two different sites, both of which were credited. Picking holes with the story/source rather than discussing the actual content is what makes GAF so amazing.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
evilromero said:
Even though the Tekken movie has been known about for a while...

Films go through a process.

Announcement

Pre-Production

Greenlight

The film is now in development pre-production and has some detail behind it (news-wise) and so it becomes newsworthy.
http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0411951/

IMDB plot:
Based on the #1 selling video game, "Tekken" is a high-octane action movie about a young man who discovers he holds a great power and must battle a team of elite fighters who will stop at nothing in order to get it from him.

Matlock

Banned
I believe that there's a film to be coming, but the source is so shady/dense that I fail to believe them.. 'course, if I read DH nowadays (quit after the redesign), I would have been all like IAWTP DUDERZ.

Well, not really, because the plotlines sound too...I dunno, cliche and dumb? I'm half expecting Jean Claude Van Damme to star in it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Folder said:
The story is taken from two different sites, both of which were credited. Picking holes with the story/source rather than discussing the actual content is what makes GAF so amazing.

Yes because Spong is such a reliable source of gaming information....

and this isn't even news they simply pulled pieces from an About interview and an interview with IESB(whoever that is) and through in some childish commentary.

boutrosinit

DarienA said:
Yes because Spong is such a reliable source of gaming information....

This year they've been pretty much on the ball.

DarienA said:
and this isn't even news they simply pulled pieces from an About interview and an interview with IESB(whoever that is) and through in some childish commentary.

News is new information. Thus this is news.

DarienA

boutrosinit said:
This year they've been pretty much on the ball.
Define pretty much.

News is new information. Thus this is news.

New information? The article was posted on IESB.net on the 26th, Coming Soon and Dark Horizons picked it up on the 27th, Spong posted it on the 31st.

Define new.

EDIT:
Folder said:
Because, you knew all the information because you'd read it elsewhere. That's your beef right? You comment on a Tekken movie thread, with *nothing* to say? It just seems a little strange to me...

What is there to say Spong regurgitated news from a few days ago... because the words bah and cool are in it that makes this new hip news? Whatever.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
DarienA said:
...and this isn't even news they simply pulled pieces from an About interview and an interview with IESB(whoever that is) and through in some childish commentary.

snob.gif

Because, you knew all the information because you'd read it elsewhere. That's your beef right? You comment on a Tekken movie thread, with *nothing* to say? It just seems a little strange to me...

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
DarienA said:
What is there to say Spong regurgitated news from a few days ago... because the words bah and cool are in it that makes this new hip news? Whatever.
It wasn't posted to GAF. So what's up? If it didn't get posted, and it is of interest to the readership here, and now it does get posted, really, what is your problem? I'm not having a go, I just don't understand your anger...

DarienA

Folder said:
It wasn't posted to GAF. Define relevant. If it didn't get posted, and it is of interest to the readership here, and now it does get posted, really, what is your problem? I'm not having a go, I just don't understand your anger...

Anger? What you call anger I call sarcastic commentary.....I didn't realize we had Spong contributing members in this forum.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
DarienA said:
Anger? What you call anger I call sarcastic commentary.....I didn't realize we had Spong contributing members in this forum.

You still fail to address: It wasn't posted to GAF. So what's up? If it didn't get posted, and it is of interest to the readership here, and now it does get posted, what's the problem? A cheap subject change indeed.

Can you explain why you think this is in someway wrong to post? Like, so the news is old on SPOnG. But it never made it here, and now it has.

DarienA

Folder said:
You still fail to address: It wasn't posted to GAF. So what's up? If it didn't get posted, and it is of interest to the readership here, and now it does get posted, what's the problem? A cheap subject change indeed.

Can you explain why you think this is in someway wrong to post? Like, so the news is old on SPOnG. But it never made it here, and now it has.

Last time I checked posters here could make any comment they wanted. My comment was that this is old news. You don't like the comment? Too bad. Life goes on. I'm simply tired of sites regurgitating news from other sites then claiming it's new. There are a whole host of second tier news, videogame, sports, etc sites that do it all the time.

And as far as defining the article as news? It's not, there's no new information about the Tekken movie more than.. it's still coming.

Please don't let this stop your defense of Spong though, between this thread and the Driver3 thread... it makes for great reading.

boutrosinit

DarienA said:
Last time I checked posters here could make any comment they wanted. My comment was that this is old news. You don't like the comment? Too bad. Life goes on. I'm simply tired of sites regurgitating news from other sites then claiming it's new. There are a whole host of second tier news, videogame, sports, etc sites that do it all the time.

And as far as defining the article as news? It's not, there's no new information about the Tekken movie more than.. it's still coming.

Please don't let this stop your defense of Spong though, between this thread and the Driver3 thread... it makes for great reading.

Sarcasm aka the lowest form of wit.

As for no new information *rolls eyes* you clearly did not read the piece and have little understanding of what NEWS actually is:

It's news to GAF as no-one else has posted it.
It's confirmed in development and content details are touched upon.
Spong is also aimed at gamers and no film fans, thus they felt it newsworthy as no other game site posted it.

You're wasting thread space with this trolling.

boutrosinit said:
Films go through a process.

Announcement

Pre-Production

Greenlight

The film is now in development pre-production and has some detail behind it (news-wise) and so it becomes newsworthy.
http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0411951/

IMDB plot:
Based on the #1 selling video game, "Tekken" is a high-octane action movie about a young man who discovers he holds a great power and must battle a team of elite fighters who will stop at nothing in order to get it from him.

Oops. I guess that little blurb in my May issue of Nintendo Dream mentioning Tekken the movie wasn't enough, but as soon as SPONG gets the shit done it's press gold.

boutrosinit

evilromero said:
Oops. I guess that little blurb in my May issue of Nintendo Dream mentioning Tekken the movie wasn't enough, but as soon as SPONG gets the shit done it's press gold.

Clearly it weren't. ;)

Not for us Euro folk anyway. We don't get your mag mate.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
DrDogg said:
8 characters in both plots... WTF?! Tekken 5 will have 30, we get 9 total in the move. -_-

Its best to focus on just a few characters otherwise it will be MK:A all over again. It sounds like they are following the plot of the first game. The eight contestants will likely be Kazuya, Paul, Nina, Michelle, Law, Yoshimitsu, King, and Jack. But there are indications that Lei Wulong may also appear and if so he would probably take Jack's place (since a robot; one that enters a tournament no less; would be pretty weird).

Also, just because their are 8 contestants that doesn't mean that each of them won't face off against one or more of Heihachi's chronies (Lee, Ganryu, Kuma, etc) in sort of a "you've earned the right to face Heihachi but you have to pass one more test" fashion.

Top Bottom