• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

tekken_dark_resurrection__intro__hd___hd__2_by_ribbonpl-d9c6yes.gif

How are you guys?

GrayFoxPL

Welcome back!! :)
Took you long enough :p

Hi Buddy.

We haven't played in like 17 years!

n18uqDQ.gif

Welcome back, jesus you were gone for a long time.
How have you been?

Perfect gif use btw

Hi! Thanks. It's been slow. I've been ghosting GAF and playing off backlog games. Tekken pad died and I thought it was over for me, but after few months I'm getting back to form.

But I had to make new teams and new playstyle. Can't play like I used to. But it's ok.

Legally speaking, JDCR had every right to enter the tournament. There was never any stipulation or pre-condition that you had to be a US-resident during the announcement.

People bitched and then Namco magically added that rule.

Good job Namco you lazy, useless company. Not only have you killed Tekken on the world stage, you're obnoxiously incompetent at organizing anything.

Eh..no?

People bitched because it would have been stupid to have two US qualifiers and only have potentially one US player get to go. They corrected an oversight. No need to get pissy about it.

GrayFoxPL

From Project X Zone 2 Trailers.

I'd love to buy 3DS for this but I have already huge backlog. Right now only waiting for Yakuza 5.

wLiFsSB.gif

q5dTqQo.gif

Love dem sprites and Kazuya blowing off enemy as well as Jin is too funny.

"He was in the way!"

Numb

I'd love to buy 3DS for this but I have already huge backlog. Right now only waiting for Yakuza 5.

wLiFsSB.gif

q5dTqQo.gif

Love dem sprites and Kazuya blowing off enemy as well as Jin is too funny.

"He was in the way!"
Heard it was a long grind with super long missions repetitive gameplay.
Other than the fancservice i don't hear much good about it.
First game impressions. This could have improved maybe.

AAK

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181066820&postcount=7347

;)

How are you guys?

Damn, welcome back man.
You literally missed nothing Tekken related

Eh..no?

People bitched because it would have been stupid to have two US qualifiers and only have potentially one US player get to go. They corrected an oversight. No need to get pissy about it.

So what about EVO? That's a qualifier that happened in the US. Why did that get special privileges?

Stupid or not, this oversight cost an individual thousands of dollars in plane ticket fees. I see nothing wrong with calling out Namco on how pathetically they're organizing this... or on how they're handling anything Tekken related.

GrayFoxPL

Namco x Capcom was bad I heard, but this series gets progressively better, I read.

Yeah everyone gets it for fan service. I'd too. I think they are using original VO for Tekken cast so it would be cool to hear actual conversations other then: Shinee!" "Urusai!" and "Kiero!", lol.

That's the closest I could get to Tekken RPG.

My dream games:

Tekken Zero

Tekken RPG

Tekken Musou (outsourced to Omega Force, NBG itself isn't very good at musou games)

Life Of Heihachi (quirky, funny mix of adventure, rpg, mini games and the like, light hearted tone.)

(Tekken x SF - if it actually ever existed.)

Damn, welcome back man.
You literally missed nothing Tekken related

Hey Man!

Yeah I've noticed.

Can't believe Harada i still making excuses in favor of Capcom. "We can't Tekken because Street Fighter."
I wouldn't be very surprised if in some future Harada jumped Namco ship in favor of Capcom yellow submarine.

Old companies are dead or dying. Sega doesn't resemble Sega, Konami just killed themselves, Namco Bandai became Total Kawai, Tecmo Koei lives thanks to Musou and Ninjas. Capcom is "I don't know what I'm doing, lol!" but seems to hold the best.

Our times slowly pass.

Numb

Namco x Capcom was bad I heard, but this series gets progressively better, I heard.

Yeah everyone gets it for fan service. I'd too. I think they are using original VO for Tekken cast so it would be cool to hear actual conversations other then: Shinee!" "Urusai!" and "Kiero!", lol.

That's the closest I could get to Tekken RPG.

My dream games:

Tekken Zero

Tekken RPG

Tekken Musou (outsourced to Omega Force, NBG itself isn't very good at musou games)

Life Of Heihachi (quirky, funny mix of adventure, rpg, mini games and the like, light hearted tone.)

(Tekken x SF - if it actually ever existed.)
Cool. Hope it turns out well.

My dream games:

The Adventures of Mokujin the world eater.(travels to different series copying skills and destroying them.)

Tekken Musou

TXSF

Mokujin's cooking and/or rhythm game.

I think TK X SF still exists it's just on the backburner for now.
If the console version of 7 comes out next year I can see that project getting more attention.

Dereck

Here it says Michael talked to Harada about it, and he made a clarification.

Anywho, I don't quite understand what you're saying here. It's a US qualifier, being held in the US, for US residents to get a chance to go to Japan. So you're saying that because non-US residents aren't allowed at a US qualifier,....Namco sucks?

AAK

Here it says Michael talked to Harada about it, and he made a clarification.

Anywho, I don't quite understand what you're saying here. It's a US qualifier, being held in the US, for US residents to get a chance to go to Japan. So you're saying that because non-US residents aren't allowed at a US qualifier,....Namco sucks?

That part was never officially stated, only information was that a qualifying tournament for the global championship is being held at x and y locations. Never mentioning anything that x,y,z residents are only eligible. Because they never stated that, yes Namco is incompetent at organizing tournaments.

So what about EVO? That's a qualifier that happened in the US. Why did that get special privileges?

Stupid or not, this oversight cost an individual thousands of dollars in plane ticket fees. I see nothing wrong with calling out Namco on how pathetically they're organizing this... or on how they're handling anything Tekken related.

EVO is a international tournament. These Qualifiers are for the citizens of that country. Two different kinda tournaments. Yes Namco made a mistake in organizing. But you're letting your salt for Tekken get irrationally upset some of the smallest shit. Honestly you need to separate yourself from everything Namco.

sasuke_91

Hi Buddy.

We haven't played in like 17 years!

n18uqDQ.gif

Yeah I've been quite busy these last few weeks, so I haven't been at home at our usual play times. I have an exam tommorow morning (a very hard one, so wish me good luck >_<) and I'll have some more time after that :D

Backlog is a huge problem, but the 3DS is so totally worth it! So many quality games, it's insane!

GrayFoxPL

Cool. Hope it turns out well.

My dream games:

The Adventures of Mokujin the world eater.(travels to different series copying skills and destroying them.)

Tekken Musou

TXSF

Mokujin's cooking and/or rhythm game.

First thing I thought about Mokujin World Eater was Kirby.

High Five for Tekken Musou!

Thumb's up for Mokujin cooking/rhythm I really like rhythm games but most use too many buttons I can't handle anything after beginner levels, haha.

Numb

First thing I thought about Mokujin World Eater was Kirby.

High Five for Tekken Musou!

Thumb's up for Mokujin cooking/rhythm I really like rhythm games but most use too many buttons I can't handle anything after beginner levels, haha.

Musou games rock. Waiting for that DragonQuest heroes.

8qtExC.gif

Bringer of nothingness. Accept your fate.
Need Mokujin spinoffs.

Dereck

EVO is a international tournament. These Qualifiers are for the citizens of that country. Two different kinda tournaments. Yes Namco made a mistake in organizing. But you're letting your salt for Tekken get irrationally upset some of the smallest shit. Honestly you need to separate yourself from everything Namco.
Yeah..

It's well known that Harada will do anything possible to supress Koreans from dominating Tekken. They changed the movement system for Tekken 7 just to keep them down and get glorious Nippon back on top of the game. This recent thing is just another drop in the bucket.

Don't mind me just going full tin-foil hat for the funsies.

Numb

It's well known that Harada will do anything possible to supress Koreans from dominating Tekken. They changed the movement system for Tekken 7 just to keep them down and get glorious Nippon back on top of the game. This recent thing is just another drop in the bucket.

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

those poor koreans at his mercy

GrayFoxPL

I think TK X SF still exists it's just on the backburner for now.
If the console version of 7 comes out next year I can see that project getting more attention.

I just don't believe Harada anymore. I lost a great deal of respect for this man over last few years.

It's like a cook saying "We have this great tasty meal for you but we just started cooking!"(2010). "Is it ready?!" (2015) "No, other people are cooking other things, but please wait for it!"

We'll starve to death before we'd even get a taste of TxSF.

Next excuse will be: "We just announced Console version of Tekken 7 and you're asking about TxSF?! RUDE UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS" - Harada leaves conference holding his favorite Idolmaster pillow."

If Tekken x SF ever comes out, Harada probably will have nothing to do with the project.
Because it'll release in the year 2117.

Problem with Harada mimicking Ono's trolling style is that Ono trolls but then delivers.

Harada trolls then underwhelms and trolls some more.

Yeah I've been quite busy these last few weeks, so I haven't been at home at our usual play times. I have an exam tommorow morning (a very hard one, so wish me good luck >_<) and I'll have some more time after that :D

Backlog is a huge problem, but the 3DS is so totally worth it! So many quality games, it's insane!

Yeah I thought you were busy. Break a leg(someone's leg) on the exam and remember if you get stuck on something, the solution is:

F x (N) + D + (D+F)^2 = EWGF

Don't tempt me about 3DS, Aaaaaah! It's so good!

Numb

I just don't believe Harada anymore. I lost a great deal of respect for this man over last few years.

It's like a cook saying "We have this great tasty meal for you but we just started cooking!"(2010). "Is it ready?!" (2015) "No, other people are cooking other things, but please wait for it!"

We'll starve to death before we'd even get a taste of TxSF.

Next excuse we'll be: "We just announced Console version of Tekken 7 and you're asking about TxSF?! RUDE UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS" - Harada leaves conference holding his favorite Idolmaster pillow."

If Tekken x SF ever comes out, Harada probably will have nothing to do with the project.
Because it'll release in the year 2117.

Problem with Harada mimicking Ono's trolling style is that Ono trolls but then delivers.

Harada trolls then underwhelms and trolls some more.
lol

Someone shop Harada's face on that ''don't believe his lies'' image.
That Idolmaster pic of him.
Would do it if i had the skills.

GrayFoxPL

Mokh7Ip.gif

Manbig

As someone that has played Namco X Capcom, Project X Zone 1, and several Super Robot Wars games, I can confirm that this is pretty much true.

Having said that, I still enjoyed all of those games for what they were.

As far as the whole NA Qualifier thing goes...

It would be pretty fucking stupid to allow for a non NA player to come to a regional qualifier that allows for one spot in what is supposed to be a world tournament. I got into it with this dude in Aris' chat because he was trying to compare it to the way Capcom Cup is set up, which is completely different since they are giving out both guaranteed spots for winners, and have a point system set up for people that just do well across multiple tournaments. These NA qualifiers are a one shot deal, so they definitely shouldn't allow that shit.

No I literally said the same thing when I watched EVO this year. It is simply not their game anymore.

Sayah

How are you guys?
FINALLY

It was getting boring here.

Nice to have you back. :D

Legally speaking, JDCR had every right to enter the tournament. There was never any stipulation or pre-condition that you had to be a US-resident during the announcement.

People bitched and then Namco magically added that rule.

Good job Namco you lazy, useless company. Not only have you killed Tekken on the world stage, you're obnoxiously incompetent at organizing anything.

Damnnnnnnmn.

Namco sure pissed in AAKs corn flakes.

It's a small oversight on Namcos part. These sort of things happen.
No way to plug in a pad? It was possible at EVO, wasn't it?
Who is your main in T7

Nope, you can't plug in pads to my knowledge.

And I've been using Claudio mostly. He's extremely fun to use.

I was actually right by Times Square earlier and was going to play some matches but then decided I was too tired.

Sayah

I think the movement changes are more so to streamline the game......not to just make Korean competition less threatening.

I am fine with the movement changes. It makes the matches a lot less campy and more fun to watch when both players aren't trying to out-turtle each other. The Tekken 7 qualifier was far more interesting to watch as a result. Whereas Tekken 6 tourneys I remember were snoozefests for many people, especially with U.S. tournaments.

As someone that has played Namco X Capcom, Project X Zone 1, and several Super Robot Wars games, I can confirm that this is pretty much true.

Having said that, I still enjoyed all of those games for what they were.

As far as the whole NA Qualifier thing goes...

It would be pretty fucking stupid to allow for a non NA player to come to a regional qualifier that allows for one spot in what is supposed to be a world tournament. I got into it with this dude in Aris' chat because he was trying to compare it to the way Capcom Cup is set up, which is completely different since they are giving out both guaranteed spots for winners, and have a point system set up for people that just do well across multiple tournaments. These NA qualifiers are a one shot deal, so they definitely shouldn't allow that shit.

Manny, are you a neutral party in this though?
Are you participating in this qualifier? :p

Sayah

^
Congrats!!!!

I5gONCv.png

Well, that's one way to squash my hopes.

I'm not kidding when I say I won't buy this game post-2016, unless there are dramatic changes in whatever update they're preparing that justify such a lengthy wait.
I'll just quit Tekken instead and never have to worry about waiting two years for a game like this again. And I say this as one of the lucky ones that have the arcade version in close proximity.

AZUMIKE

As far as the NA Qualifier goes, it definitely makes sense for them to limit it to U.S residents.

As for the console release...well....

Sayah

As far as the NA Qualifier goes, it definitely makes sense for them to limit it to U.S residents.

As for the console release...well....

JDCR is just being silly traveling all the way to America when there's already a separately held qualifier event in Korea.

Dereck

That's because he knows Tekken 7 is not his game and there are better players than him in Korea that would probably beat him out.

Manbig

Manny, are you a neutral party in this though?
Are you participating in this qualifier? :p

Nah, man. I was gonna go, but a get together with some old friends got rescheduled to that day. Besides, I don't have a passport, so they wouldn't have allowed me to even compete. Not like I had delusions of actually winning the thing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom