• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Thanks for the Raven advice, GrayFoxPL.

Here's the video, road to Pugilist. It's still processing so it's not in HD yet. EDIT: It's HD now

When rank is on the line my entire playstyle changes, not to mention that I don't have a main team anymore. Going back to Forest/Slim Bob is bizarre, I feel very restricted using Forest Law, I don't think there's any breathing room in my playstyle without DSS.

Very, very nice. You stay calm in every situation and manage to turn things around even if your situation seems helpless.

Good going man.
People go in awaken state when rank is involved lol.

I go into sleep mode for some reason o_O

Sorry for the delay
ZKgi4r.jpg
Thank you. There's going to be a lot of opportunities to post this pic :)

To the guys in Japan (which I guess is just lupinko), which arcades are the tekken 7 hotspots?

I will be in Tokyo in December. I want to get as many games as possible, heh.

Dereck

After Fighting GM won SCR, Rip interviewed him on camera. Inkog just so happened to be in the chat, and Mark said that Inkog was at SCR but couldn't compete because he had obligations on sunday. Rip asked GM about playing Inkog and GM said that, "at the last two final rounds I beat Inkog and placed higher than him.", then he said "I played Inkog yesterday and it went back and forth.", I tried to gif Inkog's and the chat's reaction.

OArLupO.gif

AZUMIKE

Tag 2 Finals were streamed?

After watching lots of Tekken 7 these past couple weeks, I'm realizing that while throw breaks are more prevalent, the idea that throws are useless seems to be an exaggeration. I still see plenty of throws being utilized. The lenient break window seems fine, especially considering future online play.

Gambit61

After Fighting GM won SCR, Rip interviewed him on camera. Inkog just so happened to be in the chat, and Mark said that Inkog was at SCR but couldn't compete because he had obligations on sunday. Rip asked GM about playing Inkog and GM said that, "at the last two final rounds I beat Inkog and placed higher than him.", then he said "I played Inkog yesterday and it went back and forth.", I tried to gif Inkog's and the chat's reaction.

OArLupO.gif

lmao that was great. Their next fight should be interesting. Also do people really dislike Fighting GM? He seems pretty chill outside this mini beef.

GrayFoxPL

Tag 2 Finals were streamed?

After watching lots of Tekken 7 these past couple weeks, I'm realizing that while throw breaks are more prevalent, the idea that throws are useless seems to be an exaggeration. I still see plenty of throws being utilized. The lenient break window seems fine, especially considering future online play.

Nah, only special throws get in sometimes. 90% of regular throws are broken because you only gotta mash 1,2 plus have huge frame window. And the throw break window from Revo was already huge enough to react with correct button. Now it's totally laughable and brain dead. I noticed that in T7 normal throws land in situations where opponent attempted kick move or kick string because punch strings already break throws in T7.

They can still use throw break window from Revo if they insist on having shitty throw breakers like me to break 80% of throws but having 1 or 2 break is going full retard.

If I can break throws in Revo then a blind man can.

Normal throws landed in T7 are totally an accident.

This is one of things they are probably gonna fix in the rumored update. Or at least increase the number of special throws for post T5 characters so everyone has separate 1, 2 and 1+2 throws.
Edit: what am I saying, that would mean making new animations. Tekken 7 does not do that.

Manbig

lmao that was great. Their next fight should be interesting. Also do people really dislike Fighting GM? He seems pretty chill outside this mini beef.

Yeah people really dislike him. I don't think he's a bad guy overall. He's certainly been mostly cool with me, but he says some dumb shit every once in a while that really rubs people the wrong way.

Sayah

Definitely will avoid playing Tekken 7 on a Sunday again. Travel was a complete headache. I thought Halloween season had come early but it was just the comic con crowd trying to get out of the city the same time I was. Top that off with people leaving whichever sports games were happening. All of these tourists also want to point and look at things instead of walking.

Anyway, I played A LOT of the game today and while it's fun, I keep wishing I had a dualshock. I also don't like the arcade environment. There's two machines and eight people trying to play. Just give me my home console version Namco. I already supported this game enough in the arcades.

Sayah

Nah, only special throws get in sometimes. 90% of regular throws are broken because you only gotta mash 1,2 plus have huge frame window. And the throw break window from Revo was already huge enough to react with correct button. Now it's totally laughable and brain dead. I noticed that in T7 normal throws land in situations where opponent attempted kick move or kick string because punch strings already break throws in T7.

They can still use throw break window from Revo if they insist on having shitty throw breakers like me to break 80% of throws but having 1 or 2 break is going full retard.

If I can break throws in Revo then a blind man can.

Normal throws landed in T7 are totally an accident.

This is one of things they are probably gonna fix in the rumored update. Or at least increase the number of special throws for post T5 characters so everyone has separate 1, 2 and 1+2 throws.
Edit: what am I saying, that would mean making new animations. Tekken 7 does not do that.

Normal Throws definitely are EXTREMELY easy to break. Like

Sayah

Lol if throws are that easy to break, then perhaps the Revo break window is due for a comeback.
I am seeing people who are literally mashing still break normal throws 90% of the time. Not even exaggerating that figure.

The timing is very lenient and you can just press 1 or 2.

sasuke_91

Good games Sasuke, I got mauled today.

You've been up to something because your style is different.
Good games. Those Hellsweeps really got me today :D

Yep, I want to change my playstyle. I grab more and try to use a lot more lows. All in all, I try to play a little more agressive.
But that's just when I play close range. I tend to whiff a lot of moves at about range 2, so that also has to stop. I try to be a little more on point with my spacing and whiff punishing.

The problem is that I kind of hit a wall when it comes to Tekken. I haven't been improving at all these last few months and that's because I'm kind of a flowchart player. I have to get rid of bad habits. It's what Mihawk also told me. That's why I want to change my style. Let's just hope it works :p

GrayFoxPL

Good games. Those Hellsweeps really got me today :D

Yep, I want to change my playstyle. I grab more and try to use a lot more lows. All in all, I try to play a little more agressive.
But that's just when I play close range. I tend to whiff a lot of moves at about range 2, so that also has to stop. I try to be a little more on point with my spacing and whiff punishing.

The problem is that I kind of hit a wall when it comes to Tekken. I haven't been improving at all these last few months and that's because I'm kind of a flowchart player. I have to get rid of bad habits. It's what Mihawk also told me. That's why I want to change my style. Let's just hope it works :p

It works. LOL.

Way more aggressive and you finally use more lows.

Hope I can adapt to it.

Yeah bad habits are my bane too.

Not sure if getting rid of them is possible after all those years.

sasuke_91

It works. LOL.

Way more aggressive and you finally use more lows.

Hope I can adapt to it.

Yeah bad habits are my bane too.

Not sure if getting rid of them is possible after all those years.

I'm glad it works. Grabbing actually makes so many situations easier. Remembering to grab should be my top priority.

Law's CH ff+3 with rage at the wall almost killed me once when I had full health. Death combos man.
Bryan's jet upper punish is what always kept me from wanting to learn him. Too hard to execute.

GrayFoxPL

Ggs Sasuke.

I got trashed today again but at least had some fun with Law. Whaaaaaaaataaaaa! :D

Was in Bruce Lee mood.

I vote for every character getting ff+3 dragon canon in T7: Juicy Determination.

Even Kuma.

Where is Kuma in T7? Bearless Tekken is a Poor Tekken.

sasuke_91

Ggs Sasuke.

I got trashed today again but at least had some fun with Law. Whaaaaaaaataaaaa! :D

Was in Bruce Lee mood.

I vote for every character getting ff+3 dragon canon in T7: Juicy Determination.

Even Kuma.

Good games man. You already got used to my new playstyle. I have to be careful not to start mashing when I'm at a disadvantage.
With Hwoarang I tend to start the round with either ub+4, db+3 or any other evasive move. Works great against people who start poking at the start of a round. After db+3 I can follow with WS+3 and catch people who want to step their way out.

I can't really block lows anymore. I was able to when I still ducked randomly, but now that I mostly got rid of that habit my defense has gotten worse. My throwbreak has gotten better though. Your Lei gave me a hard time today. Didn't really know what to do anymore^^
Those uf+4s with Law got me way too often. That won't happen again :p

We might have has this discussion before, but I really find it funny that everyone is doing console betas and network tests and whatnot, but Namco is here using arcade machines in like two US cities.

Hilarious.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ggs Sasuke.

Was in Bruce Lee mood.

Even Kuma.

They're working on giving him the most amazing new costume update in the series' history.

COQxGl7WIAAbbFW.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Good games man. You already got used to my new playstyle. I have to be careful not to start mashing when I'm at a disadvantage.
With Hwoarang I tend to start the round with either ub+4, db+3 or any other evasive move. Works great against people who start poking at the start of a round. After db+3 I can follow with WS+3 and catch people who want to step their way out.

I can't really block lows anymore. I was able to when I still ducked randomly, but now that I mostly got rid of that habit my defense has gotten worse. My throwbreak has gotten better though. Your Lei gave me a hard time today. Didn't really know what to do anymore^^
Those uf+4s with Law got me way too often. That won't happen again :p

They say that pro players never block low. That's why hilarious situations in kr/jp matches where 5 hellsweeps in a row get in or more recent 5 Shaheen tripping slides in a row.

I always wondered why ppl are so yolo with law online. But I get it now. His frames are so terrible you gotta go yolo or watch him die. His somersaults are launch punishable by even slow launchers. d+2,3 the same. Dragon tail is -35. DSS isn't that good anymore (Didn't that auto parry in DR?). Pokes are decent but I dislike poking to death. Dragon cannon or nothing.

Btw changing up between single and double somersaults it's the only decent thing to do for me. Both are launch punishable but if I do single opponent might hesitate and be late on launch and if he goes in he gets launched on second. Of course yolo double somersault on patient opponent and I'm dead. :p

Biggest fun I had with Law was in T4. Top Tier Stashe and introduction of dss was a huge evolution for him. Ff+3 dudes through telephone booths? Bliss.

Of course innovation stopped post T4.

That's why I bitch that characters don't evolve anymore. Is it really so hard to make up something fun like dss and give it to character? Law in T7 can combo dss legend kick easier because they cut half of startup frames. Wow, how long they thought of this? 7 years? Fucking amateur mod level innovations.

They're working on giving him the most amazing new costume update in the series' history.

COQxGl7WIAAbbFW.jpg

So T4 Kuma :)

kuma-z1.jpg

Impossible. Harada burns any evidence of T4's existence ;).

I loved Tekken 4 Kuma the sneaks form fitted for him were the best lmao.
T4 in general had cool designs it had a cool air around it that Tekken games after it lacked.

Numb

kuma-ttt2-junny.jpg

t-shirt Kuma is awesome. Looking here like he about to throwdown after removing it.

But Kumas best clothes
Kuma_Mika_Deal_With_It.gif

polar bear Kuma is horrific

GrayFoxPL

I loved Tekken 4 Kuma the sneaks form fitted for him were the best lmao.
T4 in general had cool designs it had a cool air around it that Tekken games after it lacked.

You said it brother. Even in Tag2 players tried to recreate T4 customs.

kuma-ttt2-junny.jpg

t-shirt Kuma is awesome. Looking here like he about to throwdown after removing it.

But Kumas best clothes
Kuma_Mika_Deal_With_It.gif

polar bear Kuma is horrific

Lol nice avatar :D.

Long live Kuma The Karate Bear Fighter.

He probably had wacky customs in sfxt pc.

Numb

You said it brother. Even in Tag2 players tried to recreate T4 customs.

Lol nice avatar :D.

Long live Kuma The Karate Bear Fighter.

He probably had wacky customs in sfxt pc.

Thought about keeping it till TXSF had a solid moment again but then realized i don't have forever lol. Add that to my changing of avvis all the time and its impossible.

sfxt guile jack costume is pretty dope on the subject.

Sayah

Whoa DnB is getting more machines?
Well, the Times Square one at least should be. They can't run an entire qualifier tournament on two machines.

We might have has this discussion before, but I really find it funny that everyone is doing console betas and network tests and whatnot, but Namco is here using arcade machines in like two US cities.

Hilarious.
It is hilarious.........in a very sad, sad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom