• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

One of their already known IPs would have faired better solely on namesake. Something like maybe Tekken tag 2?
winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Doomshine

Never played it but from what I understand they fucked up the microtransactions at launch which gave them a lot of negative reviews on Steam. They changed them but that negative stigma is hard to get rid of.

lupinko

Does anyone know if the new jbstyle portraits are only for the Round 2 challenge? Because it doesn't look like we can buy them, and like everything else it's dumb random bullshit.

I can't get characters that I actually want (Kat, Dragunov, Lili, Kazumi, Asuka, etc).

I got this yesterday.

0Tvv2Nc.png

I was quite sad to hear about Incarnates being removed. I finally got a PC that can run it and was intrigued by the characters and progress made. It felt like it just lacked a little something, but was a fun game. A bit depressing to say the least.

And actually there is a "Tekken" game on Steam. Street Fighter X Tekken, you can buy it and all the DLC, but here is the kicker. You spend all that money and the game actually doesn't work. Joining the PC gaming community has presented me with quite the minefield. All the minesweeper I played being so excited to finally build a PC and join the "MasterRace" did not prepare me for this.

Sayah

I have close to 130 games on Steam, I think.

Haven't beaten a single one. Something about consoles just appeals to me more.

sasuke_91

I have close to 130 games on Steam, I think.

Haven't beaten a single one. Something about consoles just appeals to me more.
Yeah, I'm also more of a console player. If I had to choose between a decent PC and a PS4, I would still choose a PS4.

Enough of that PC talk. Numb, I'll be Online in ~5 minutes. Let's play a bit. I'm on Wireless at the moment though, so it might lag a bit. Drove me nuts when I played with Doomshine (although it worked fine with GrayFox).
If anyone wants to join, no objections ;)

Numb

Not a PC guy but seems like alot of fighters are getting there and my interest is rising more than before.
On my way Sasuke. Been a minute see we last played.

av2k

Heya Numb, you should definitely make the jump if you want my personal opinion!

I have around 1075 games on steam, so that's my platform of choice.. I enjoy the catalog including all the emulators/roms you can play, exclusive games, cheap games (got MKX/witcher 3/gta5/mgs5 for 20-30$ each), any choice of controller, free online, cross play (Street Fighter 5 vs PS4 OR Killer Instinct vs Xbone), mods, and upgrading means your games would look better instead of ditching the games for a new console makes it an easy choice for me and is actually the main reason I switched at the start of this console generation.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/av2k/games/?tab=all

Also, HumbleBundle.com is having a Capcom sale if anyone is interested (15$ for ultra street fighter 4, strider, resident evil revelation 1 and 2, lost planet 3, bionic commando, DMC, and resident evil 5) or 9$ for the above without usf4.

With that said, consoles are cool but my ps4 has been collecting a bunch of dust this generation. Waiting on that Final Fantasy 7 remake. Woo.

Doomshine

And actually there is a "Tekken" game on Steam. Street Fighter X Tekken, you can buy it and all the DLC, but here is the kicker. You spend all that money and the game actually doesn't work. Joining the PC gaming community has presented me with quite the minefield. All the minesweeper I played being so excited to finally build a PC and join the "MasterRace" did not prepare me for this.

That's on Capcom for not fixing their shit.

I don't know why people get so riled up about the "PC master race" thing, it's just a joke from Zero Punctuation.

GrayFoxPL

That's on Capcom for not fixing their shit.

I don't know why people get so riled up about the "PC master race" thing, it's just a joke from Zero Punctuation.

Not everyone use it like a joke. Ask most if they even know that webcomic. Trust me, there are jokers and there are elitist pricks. And "master races" don't run too well in some nations aka they're never funny.

It's sad that mods don't give a shit.

Numb

Heya Numb, you should definitely make the jump if you want my personal opinion!

I have around 1075 games on steam, so that's my platform of choice.. I enjoy the catalog including all the emulators/roms you can play, exclusive games, cheap games (got MKX/witcher 3/gta5/mgs5 for 20-30$ each), any choice of controller, free online, cross play (Street Fighter 5 vs PS4 OR Killer Instinct vs Xbone), mods, and upgrading means your games would look better instead of ditching the games for a new console makes it an easy choice for me and is actually the main reason I switched at the start of this console generation.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/av2k/games/?tab=all

Also, HumbleBundle.com is having a Capcom sale if anyone is interested (15$ for ultra street fighter 4, strider, resident evil revelation 1 and 2, lost planet 3, bionic commando, DMC, and resident evil 5) or 9$ for the above without usf4.

With that said, consoles are cool but my ps4 has been collecting a bunch of dust this generation. Waiting on that Final Fantasy 7 remake. Woo.

i do have steam and some emus and whatnot but not play them nearly as much as console. All that you mentioned is also a very big reason. Was thinking of upgrading my 550ti one of thesse days but never had the opportunity. Fighters coming have pushed me over the edge but it still needs all those ps4 rpgs that are getting announced left and right so cant make a complete switch. Literally only played Blooodborne mostly and nothing else serious so ps4 is gatherings heavy dust.

Good games sasuke. Pretty even and went back and forth 90% of the time till the end where it was slightly in my favor. shouldn't have pissed me off with all those steve hopkicks that killed me:)

sasuke_91

Not everyone use it like a joke. Ask most if they even know that webcomic. Trust me, there are jokers and there are elitist pricks. And "master races" don't run too well in some nations aka they're never funny.

It's sad that mods don't give a shit.

Yep. It was a joke at first, but everyone knows that people are being serious in most cases. Elitist pricks indeed.

Good games sasuke. Pretty even and went back and forth 90% of the time till the end where it was slightly in my favor. shouldn't have pissed me off with all those steve hopkicks that killed me:)
"Slightly" is an understatement. The end was horribly frustrating. You know that feeling when whatever you do is wrong and your opponent is always faster? I don't know how many hopkicks you got in mid-string. I don't even know how that was possible^^ I couldn't cancel any moves because I know you wouldn't hesitate. And I'm awful at adapting :p
Good job on your throw-break.

Numb

Yep. It was a joke at first, but everyone knows that people are being serious in most cases. Elitist pricks indeed.

"Slightly" is an understatement. The end was horribly frustrating. You know that feeling when whatever you do is wrong and your opponent is always faster? I don't know how many hopkicks you got in mid-string. I don't even know how that was possible^^ I couldn't cancel any moves because I know you wouldn't hesitate. And I'm awful at adapting :p
Good job on your throw-break.

You are more cool with some of the guys i pick than others it seems. I work way way harder for wins with some guys like Feng,Bryan,Lars,Jin,Paul,Drag and others while some wins i just get with little effort compared when i use Eddy,Law,Bob,animals,Jack and Yoshi i sensed.
I don't think even i knew what i was doing with the animals.

sasuke_91

You are more cool with some of the guys i pick than others it seems. I work way way harder for wins with some guys like Feng,Bryan,Lars,Jin,Paul,Drag and others while some wins i just get with little effort compared when i use Eddy,Law,Bob,animals,Jack and Yoshi i sensed.
I don't think even i knew what i was doing with the animals.
My character knowledge is awful. And sometimes I do the exact opposite of what I should do (even when I know what I should do in that situation). That'what makes it so frustrating. If someone sat down next to me and asked why I used move X instead of Y in situation Z, I would be just as clueless as him...
Animals and Bosco are just... you get a free win...
Abd if anyone ever complains about females crushing everything... just look at Bruce's f+1+2 (I'm not sure if it's that move, I have to try it out).

Numb

Means that you play by feel. You improved alot since last time especially your steve bruh. You are playing from the heart instead of statistics.
fuck ling tho

sasuke_91

Thanks. Steve is probably my best character. Hwoarang gets away with a lot because he's Hwoarang, but to be honest, I'm not that good of a Hwoarang player. Being decent with him is too hard. Same with Ling actually.
You on the other know basic frame traps, punishers and combos for almost every character. If you would concentrate on one, I wouldn't stand a chance against you.

Numb

I doubt i'd improve that much if i played a single guy exclusively since my playstyle is still as whacky as before. We will see if Tekken 7 doesn't include Mokujin and i'm forced to play single solo guys. Hwo looking like a beast in there and Ling plus Steve too. Seems like all your guys except Lee got in.Kazumi looks real fun but she seems so simple and straight forward with that puny movelist. Same combo i seen like a million times now. New guys are my only hope.

Now i feel dumb. Couldn't find matches for two days in TR or TTT2. Thought it might be the servers or whatnot. But finally reset my router and everything's fine again.

Derp.

Sayah

Now i feel dumb. Couldn't find matches for two days in TR or TTT2. Thought it might be the servers or whatnot. But finally reset my router and everything's fine again.

Derp.

It might have switched to NAT 3, in which case you won't find any matches.

I've had that happen to me before.

sasuke_91

So Sasuke, has your internet changed since a year ago? I'm curious about our connection
Nope, it's still the same. The real problem has always been the distance, not our connection, because we had a pretty stable connection most of the time. Maybe Tekken 7 will change things when it comes out in 2018?
We can play some matches if you want, but I'm currently on Wireless for the next few days... or weeks, depending on when I'm in the mood to get things done (I shouldn't be so lazy...).

sasuke_91

Wireless? Fuck dude, I was gonna send you an invite, it's cool though.
Haha as I said, it's only temporarily :p
And I'm not Online right now. It's late... or early, depending on how you look at it (1:13 AM).

And Numb shows up from his corner just for a "lol" :D

@MikeBreezy92: Nobody really ever quits Tekken. I always knew that.

Dereck

When you get wired back send me a friend request, because my internet has gotten better. Any of you non-America guys feel free to try some games with me if you want.

@MikeBreezy92: Nobody really ever quits Tekken. I always knew that.

Well yeah then I started complaining again and stopped. Funny thing is..didn't feel a skill drop like I usually do when i take breaks and come back. I was playing like I was grinding for Final Round again.

sasuke_91

There's a PSN app?

Interesting........looking to download now.
Yeah, I always start the PSN App to look if there's anyone Online that I want to play with :p
You can also read and send messages and there's some extra stuff if you have a PS4.

Apparently there's some technical issues, so there's no stream for UT at the moment. Too bad.

Numb

Mokujin for Tekken 7. Make it happen Namco.
Everybody knows he is the coolest and best and strongest Tekken character. All around cool dood too. Smarter and older aswell.

mokujin.png

-Tekken=Ironfist. Guess who has iron fists?yep. Mokujin but they could'nt call the series ''Mokujin and some scrubs he'll teach how to use their styles better'' Instead went with the hint. He is the true main character.
-Saves the world after being awoken from slumber by super evil. Goes right back after after getting the job done.Maybe Final fantasy looking evil Kazumi aint' strong enough to get him to wake up. Only other thing that gets him up is the new chapter of Berserk releasing.
-Took over the world too so you know he ain't all good. Plus that one time in the past he ended the eternal tale of souls and swords in SC. Yoshi survived cos he was home sick with a bad stomach. That's why he is the only weapon user left in the present now. Kuni don't count.
-Guided Snoop Dogg to becoming a musician instead of a figure skater like he wanted.
- Brings good luck. Introduced in T3 and look how big that game got. Also launch on PS2 with TTT1 and that system took off thanks to him i hear and the extra Jins. The games he is in are considered the top on the list by most fans.T3,TTT1,T5,TTT2.
-Lack of him brings bad luck tho. T4 had everything going for it except Mokujin. Some say it's the gameplay but we know what's up. SFXTekken was a dream made in heaven except one mistake where Mokujin was being controlled instead of being his own guy. I don't need to tell you what went down with sfxtekken either eh. Games he is not playable usually at the bottom half of the loved list too. Not saying Tekken 7 is cursed already but it could improve the mood of atleast one person with his inclusion.
-Can loan you 20 bucks anytime without ever asking for it again.
-Doesn't hit women except in fighting games.
Turned into a Gundam that time in the movie for Heihachi but refused to follow commands cos Mokujin don't like that. Also had to split cos Days of our lives was coming on and forgot to tivo it.
-Helped Chuck Norris move his couch that one time.
-Will you give you a ride anywhere.
-What a cool Mokujin.

NOTE: Everything written here is well researched and 100% truthfact. Not at all made up mostly or barely concidental at best.

#Mokujin4Tekken7
#Mokujin4President
All hail the King!
mokujin_death_squad_by_nanthajo.jpg

Easiest to not add but easiest to add aswell with how he is..
Just having more than 2 guys in a game and you have a Mokujin right there.
Just needs a slot or even a secret one will do.
DO IT!

GrayFoxPL

^^^ Lol nice write up. I'm gonna borrow 20$. Better government candidate then anyone else in my country.(Elections in a week).

What about Tetsujin, Numb?
nQgAvQX.png
Don't be a woodist. ;P

3gVZcim.jpg

8g9LOUb.png

These guys need to be back.

Numb

Gave Tetsu credit when talking about TTT1 in the Jins part. I like him too. Other Jins aswell.

My boy Kinjin looking so fly with that mustache and shades.

kinjin_small_8356.png

Look how suave that bowtie makes him look.

So many characters who are just clones could share slots.(Laws,bears,jacks,jins,capos)

GrayFoxPL

Gave Tetsu credit when talking about TTT1 in the Jins part. I like him too. Other Jins aswell.

My boy Kinjin looking so fly with that mustache and shades.

kinjin_small_8356.png

Look how suave that bowtie makes him look.

So many characters who are just clones could share slots.(Laws,bears,jacks,jins,capos)

I just realized Kinjin is just Mokujin in getup or gold Tetsu.

Edit: It's interesting that in Revo they got their own moves or powered up versions of character's moves.

I like that. Moku should have powered up mimic arsenal in T7.

Numb

Edit: It's interesting that in Revo they got their own moves or powered up versions of character's moves.

I like that. Moku should have powered up mimic arsenal in T7.
Yep.
Royal version. Fatter to signify good liviing and eating. Hat too.
dont think they would want to waste energy making Mokujin into something more.
Cool as long as his old self is in.

look at that gut lol

GrayFoxPL

Fatjin.

Other thing.

I think I found the most forgettable ending in Tekken.

Hear this: Close your eyes and try to remember Bruce's Tekken 6 ending.

And?

No, it's not the chick one.

I recently saw it on youtube and though:"I've never seen this before." Closed it then saw the link again, clicked it: "I've never seen this before." Closed it and...

It's that bad.

Edit:
Even forgot to link it.

Numb

Fatjin.

Other thing.

And?

I recently saw it on youtube and though:"I've never seen this before." Closed it then saw the link again, clicked it: "I've never seen this before." Closed it and...

It's that bad.

Edit:
Even forgot to link it.
lol wtf
The chick one came to mind at first like you thought.
Completely forgot about Killzone 2 Bruce.
Seriously hilarious.

AZUMIKE

Fatjin.

Other thing.

And?

It's that bad.

Edit:
Even forgot to link it.

LOL. I really appreciated his T5 ending, but his T6 and TTT2 endings were seemingly random. Guess the Tekken Team figured Bruce was on his way out anyway. When we have endings like that, people aren't really inclined to miss Bruce (myself included). That's probably a factor as to why Josie's design is growing on me.

That aside, are there any Practice Mode warriors here? These days I find myself primarily going into practice mode learning and practicing setups/starts with different characters. Right now I'm definitely in an experimental stage, and its pretty fun learning different things, especially with T7 seemingly lightyears away.

sasuke_91

Wow nice write-up Numb. That Mokujin-love is pretty strong.

-Saves the world after being awoken from slumber by super evil. Goes right back after after getting the job done.Maybe Final fantasy looking evil Kazumi aint' strong enough to get him to wake up. Only other thing that gets him up is the new chapter of Berserk releasing.

So he gets up twice every ten years?
I love Berserk so so much, but that schedule man... I already forgot what Guts was doing because I haven't seen him for YEARS!

I find it interesting that Tetsujin basically means Iron Man, or am I wrong?

Fatjin.

Other thing.

And?

It's that bad.

Edit:
Even forgot to link it.
Now I know why I didn't care about Tekken endings since T5. Bring back those T4 endings Namco, puriiizu!

@UltWarrior1: My brother has found some extremely interesting Jin/Lee combos in practice mode. I only go into practice mode when I want to try something out or I have nothing else to do.

GrayFoxPL

LOL. I really appreciated his T5 ending, but his T6 and TTT2 endings were seemingly random. Guess the Tekken Team figured Bruce was on his way out anyway. When we have endings like that, people aren't really inclined to miss Bruce (myself included). That's probably a factor as to why Josie's design is growing on me.

That aside, are there any Practice Mode warriors here? These days I find myself primarily going into practice mode learning and practicing setups/starts with different characters. Right now I'm definitely in an experimental stage, and its pretty fun learning different things, especially with T7 seemingly lightyears away.

Yeah first thing I do is hit practice mode.

I'm not good at setting up stuff like a perfect wall carry plus wall combo.

Most interesting for me are frame traps and what moves work best after other specific moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom