• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern Standard Arabic - Shaheen
Italian - Claudio

Edit:

Lars is Heihachi's son, he's half-Japanese. They redid his face in Tekken 7 so he looks more Nordic as opposed to a Jrock singer.

You answered your own question for Alisa, she's a robot, she can be programmed to speak any language.

Xiao speaks Japanese because she goes to school in Japan, and even though Tagalog would be better for Josie, English is one of the languages of the Philippines besides Filipino and its dialects and Spanish.

I just mentioned that last part for whatever.

I guess your right but I just think it's a little lazy.

lupinko

I guess your right but I just think it's a little lazy.

Not trying to argue but it's not lazy, Lars besides being the son of Heihachi was a member of the Tekken Force, which is under the Zaibatsu, a Japanese conglomerate. :p

And Alisa was given to Jin iirc, so why would Jin set her to Russian or any language not his own?

If anything, Namco is just being story accurate. haha

Not trying to argue but it's not lazy, Lars besides being the son of Heihachi was a member of the Tekken Force, which is under the Zaibatsu, a Japanese conglomerate. :p

And Alisa was given to Jin iirc, so why would Jin set her to Russian or any language not his own?

If anything, Namco is just being story accurate. haha

Ok you win :)

Nuszka

Evo lineup will be announced today. Have a felling that last nights comment that MarkMan did had something to do with FR being there. Pray to Zaibatsu gods everyone!!!

sasuke_91

Evo lineup will be announced today. Have a felling that last nights comment that MarkMan did had something to do with FR being there. Pray to Zaibatsu gods everyone!!!
It would be pretty weird if FR wasn't at EVO. It's 5 months after the location test.

But I guess you're right in assuming that MarkMan referred to that :p

sasuke_91

Ggs Sasuke. Fun times with you and Genki. I must remind myself how to play my more obscure characters.
Ggs man. Today was quite surprising for me. Things worked the way I imagined them, which is a rarity for me. I even tried some harder combos with Lee or Steve. And throw breaking also worked really well.
Genki is a friend of mine. A very good player in my opinion. I also tried to invite Ice_Beam (Ice_Lili), but he kept being thrown out of the lobby (and maybe that was for the best, because we wouldn't have been able to play anymore if he stayed :p).

I have to work on Paul. Can't deal with him at all. Whenever you fire up those shredders or hit me with a death fist my heart cries bitter tears. And that demo man...
Totally forgot that you played Asuka. You should use that counter grab now and then though. Never limit yourself. There are some clever ways to use it.

GrayFoxPL

Ggs man. Today was quite surprising for me. Things worked the way I imagined them, which is a rarity for me. I even tried some harder combos with Lee or Steve. And throw breaking also worked really well.
Genki is a friend of mine. A very good player in my opinion. I also tried to invite Ice_Beam (Ice_Lili), but he kept being thrown out of the lobby (and maybe that was for the best, because we wouldn't have been able to play anymore if he stayed :p).

I have to work on Paul. Can't deal with him at all. Whenever you fire up those shredders or hit me with a death fist my heart cries bitter tears. And that demo man...
Totally forgot that you played Asuka. You should use that counter grab now and then though. Never limit yourself. There are some clever ways to use it.

Yeah I keep hitting Asuka's b+2,1 in juggles by mistake because that's how Jun does it. My memory get's really bad and confusing. I must spend some time in practice mode to remember the moveset.

Btw you guys really fall for Asuka's sweeps and stuff, but it's really easy to avoid.
I was watching you guys and wondering why are you guys standing while I was doing her db+4 stuff.
The db+4(4,4,4) sweep loop is low and and the extension is either high(3) or another low(4) or low, high(1+4 white heron/3ring circus). So by crouching after first db+4 you are basically safe and can at least d+1 her not mentioning launch punish with certain things.
It's really difficult for Asuka to throw out a mid after db+4 sweeps. She can hold D after db+4 to recover crouching then do slow ws+3 launcher or try to cc after db+4 and go for a mid like 1+2 etc. But it takes pretty long so to get hit really have to be frozen or something. Really don't worry that after db+4 she'll suddenly shoot a super fast mid launcher because she can't. Her standing mids are solid, but if you see db+4 or 1+4 take it as an opportunity to get in by low blocking.

As for Paul it's all about spacing him out. People get hit by shredders because it's like a double hopkick, most often they avoid the first kick just to get hit by the second. So little more patience is needed to "wait out" the 2 kicks, then punish, always punish, even with simple 1,2. Also after good backdash and little sidestep and the uf+3,4 shredders and deathfist are nullified. Notice that Paul doesn't have any super lows to fight you at a distance. qcf+1+2 the long reaching hand sweep takes like 32 frames to land 34 with execution. It's ridiculous. The demo man or just bone breaker d+4,2 is great but notice that the range is not there. I must be really close to trip you. If you are a step back the d+4 will hit your legs just a bit but the rest is normally blockable because it's not a natural combo. There's this trick Paul players are doing: If you are knocked down at the wall and are getting up, Paul will sidestep or stay at a distance where d+4(of d+4,2,1+2) will whiff so that the mids of demo man will hit and wall splat. One thing is that people expect a demo man and know it starts with a low and the second is that when they see start of d+4 they mechanically start blocking low. It's a trap.
It can be done in the open but you don't wanna opponent to move a lot since it needs the right distance or else Paul is just whiffing moves waiting to get punished. So again, distance.
Notice something: deathfist does the ridiculous damage only if it hits deep. If you get hit by the end of the fist, the damage is nothing scary, you can take it. Stay at a distance.
Paul player mindset to hit a deathfist? "He's gonna dash forward right...about....NOW! QCF+2!"
Notice something else: Every character has wr+3 that is like +9 and you gotta guess everything that's coming next since it's free offense. Paul doesn't have that. He has running shredders(same move as ff+3,4) that are -16 on block. If I guess that you'll block it I can do one of 3 extensions: 4 a slow safe high kick with good damage. df+4 a slow mid kick with shitty damage that is -14 on block or a d+4 a slow high crushing low kick with worst damage and is -17 on block and -6 on hit. After blocking fff+3,4 just mash jabs and you'll punish, either ch or normal. Even if someone goes for the shitty low and you get hit you are at +6 and in his face. I always go for high 4 because it is safe and will ch people that are late on punish. But it's a duckable high. Also if I don't guess right and go for fff+3,4 launch I'm -16 and likely dead. It's shit. Really. Most of the time Pauls will just run forward and go for a deathfist, qcf+1, f+1+2, or d+4,2,1+2 as their "running attacks" lol.

ajb1888

Banned
Tekken hype is real for me lately; I just registered on TekkenZaibatsu for the heck of it haha! :p

evo announcement tonight; hopefully! lol

They take everything as sexist. It's ridiculous. It doesn't matter what I get banned for, someone always finds a reason.
Yep. It's one of the things that annoys me about the current gen. The world is an ugly place, and sheltering people behind their #safeplaces and #microagressions and #dontoffendmebros is only making things worse. I hate having to avoid stepping on eggshells because people are overly sensitive.

Tact is all well and good, but there's a pretty bold line between being a jerk and being honest or humorous. Oh well.

2HLjZpi.jpg

Hope the FR and EVO news are good. I'm kinda wanting to try entering a tourney again, and EVO is just far enough away that it lines up with my health goals (Trying shed some pounds off my fat ass). Of course, I'd probably be the butt of all the age jokes for being the old man still playing games, but whatever. I had my hopes up that TTT2 would restore the competitive Austin scene again, but neither the old vets nor newcomers were interested. I think the game just alienated too many people.

2HLjZpi.jpg

Here's to hoping T7 will give that dream a second chance. Already have some friends (young and old) showing more interest in the game than Tag 2.

GrayFoxPL

Yep. It's one of the things that annoys me about the current gen. The world is an ugly place, and sheltering people behind their #safeplaces and #microagressions and #dontoffendmebros is only making things worse. I hate having to avoid stepping on eggshells because people are overly sensitive.

Tact is all well and good, but there's a pretty bold line between being a jerk and being honest or humorous. Oh well.

2HLjZpi.jpg

This man knows what's up.

Hope the FR and EVO news are good. I'm kinda wanting to try entering a tourney again, and EVO is just far enough away that it lines up with my health goals (Trying shed some pounds off my fat ass). Of course, I'd probably be the butt of all the age jokes for being the old man still playing games, but whatever. I had my hopes up that TTT2 would restore the competitive Austin scene again, but neither the old vets nor newcomers were interested. I think the game just alienated too many people.

2HLjZpi.jpg

Here's to hoping T7 will give that dream a second chance. Already have some friends (young and old) showing more interest in the game than Tag 2.

Tbh I don't see it lasting. The game is easier then Tag2 indeed but on the other hand players who honed their skills in Tag2, grew a third ball. A giant ugly hairy ball that's thirsty for blood of virgins. In T7 they'll be killers, murdering them sweethearts left and right. I don't see noobs that aren't willing to give it all, literally all the free time to train and learn, to last long in this Saigon. Hopefully I'm wrong.

AAK

I just saw it. Yay for new outfits + intro's!

Still no new animations, but I'll save that discussion for another time. :p

Pachimari

Woah! Oh my, I jumped when seeing the thread in Gaming. Wow she looks damn great!!! Wow. Probably the best overhaul yet. I love the voice over for the character and that dress, I said damn!

I'm glad Nina is in. Now I can't wait to see Lei Wulong.

And I'm so glad for you Sayah. Now I am not complaining about Nina.

Shun

That trailer ending with Nina stepping and Bryan laughing... S&M shit.

Sorry Asuka, Leo, I might take a peak, shit's made me weak.

Shun

I really hope Marshall have gotten a new default now. I also can't wait to see Paul and Hwoarang.

The only design that is lukewarm to me so far is Leo and I am sad by that.

I don't know how I feel about Leo default but I like Asuka. But again that is what customs are for so who cares.

Balance change news soon after the loketest hopefully. Leo and Asuka buff news would make me happy not that it matters at a mid level play.

Pachimari

The only design that is lukewarm to me so far is Leo and I am sad by that.

I don't know how I feel about Leo default but I like Asuka. But again that is what customs are for so who cares.

Balance change news soon after the loketest hopefully. Leo and Asuka buff news would make me happy not that it matters at a mid level play.
To me, Leo's is one of the coolest. It looks so good. But yeah if you don't like it, go ahead and customize. :)

Marshall's new outfit should just be Forest Law
No. We don't like Forest Law.

AAK

Also find it interesting how they still kept her ginormously large Deltoid + Infraspinatusd + Pectoral muscles.

EDIT: Also, this confirms that Armor moves are still in despite them missing from the first FR trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom