• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

To me, Leo's is one of the coolest. It looks so good. But yeah if you don't like it, go ahead and customize. :)

No. We don't like Forest Law.

I am sure Leo will warm up to me but I kind of liked her older design better.

I really love that head tilt in her intro.

She's pretty hot now.

she's always been drop dead gorgeous (*´﹃`*) ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Almost all Tekken characters can be some fashion model cause most of them look hot as fuck.

Sayah

I've watched this trailer like 10 times already. Someone help me. lol.
So some reactions:

Flapping butterfly loops still should not be invalidated seeing as WS 1, 2+3 is a tailspin move now and will replace ivory cutter as the combo extender.

Nina has a new move after f+2,1 that tail spins. Probably f+2,1,4.

f+1+2 is her power crush. Though, I was hoping qcf+2 would be the power crush.

New hit properties for CH SS+4 and qcb+4.

d+2,3 also new tailspin.

And of course, an awesome new default and new win taunts consistent with her character.

"What's done is done."

Also love the "Goodbye" before her rage art.

Really hoping this game comes out on consoles this year.

I am sure Leo will warm up to me but I kind of liked her older design better.

she's always been drop dead gorgeous (*´﹃`*) ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Almost all Tekken characters can be some fashion model cause most of them look hot as fuck.

I thought she was pretty ugly in TTT2. :/

GrayFoxPL

I counted...

1 new move: f+2,1,4(?) Screw

qcb+4 crumple stuns on ch

f+1+2 is her armor

WS 1,1+2 Screws

d+2,3 Screws

Edit: Sayah beat me to it, should've realized, lol.

Sayah

Also find it interesting how they still kept her ginormously large Deltoid + Infraspinatus muscles.

I'm glad they did. They look fine - and, as discussed previously, this game was definitely in need of diverse body types for females.

LowParry

Cross posting:

I think all me and the wife will play is Tekken 7 there and watch the tourney. Being this our first EVO, how does it work with setups for casual play? Are they time limited? How many stations do they normally have set up? And did they have a way of playing on a control for Tekken 7?

Glad to see Nina in. Good for Sayah and Nina players all around. She's a staple for Tekken and has every right to be in the game. If her combos were easier to do or didn't benefit so much from iWS1 I woulda picked her up long ago in TTT2.

Nice to see also that she doesn't need to rely on such execution heavy stuff now.

GrayFoxPL

Bonus gif.

tExa9xb.gif

AAK

Cross posting:

I think all me and the wife will play is Tekken 7 there and watch the tourney. Being this our first EVO, how does it work with setups for casual play? Are they time limited? How many stations do they normally have set up? And did they have a way of playing on a control for Tekken 7?

From what I heard, there was 0 casual time for Tekken 7 at last year's EVO.

GrayFoxPL

Interesting that they're Kill Bill'ing her again like in Tekken 5.

Or does the wedding dress mean something story wise?

Nina married Kuma.

Pachimari

I actually wish there was a little purple on her wedding dress. I had always associated purple with Nina. White is more Lili's style.

Anyway, both her voice and face are leagues better than previous games.

GrayFoxPL

I actually wish there was a little purple on her wedding dress. I had always associated purple with Nina. White is more Lili's style.

Anyway, both her voice and face are leagues better than previous games.

She'll definitely has or will have her purple/pink suit somewhere in customization.

Next will be Lee.

Then Bob.

Miguel.

Julia.

Anna.

Raven.

Kuma.

Then something weird like Jun, Ganryu clone/daughter or Angel 3.

GrayFoxPL

I'm not sure if MarkMan said they'll try to get it out on consoles before Evo or something like that?

Then the Evo guy said it's gonna be arcade version played at the tournament?

I got lost.

Pachimari

Did the other characters not get FR thumbnails yet

Nope, unfortunately.

I really hope the next characters are:

- Lei Wulong
- JayCee
- New Black Character
- Zafina
- Miguel
- Christie Monteiro / Eddy Gordo

Katarina vs. Christie would be such a swell match.

Manbig

Fuck Nina. I look forward to flushing that piece of garbage's head down the toilet.

That super is pretty cool though.

yesssss at the Nina reveal. I didn't play her but it felt odd not having her around. she's like one of 4 characters that's been in every Tekken game (Nina, Yoshimitsu, Paul, Heihachi).
Marshall's new outfit should just be Forest Law
just give Marshall his damn moustache back. Forest can be an unlockable outfit or something.

Manbig

I wonder if Nina will continue her tradition of being the highest tier female in Tekken.

I wonder if they'll continue the trend of giving her a ton of built in defensive options that make it so any scrub can do at least okay with her without learning any proper defense.

That trailer certainly makes it look like they are.

Sayah

I wonder if Nina will continue her tradition of being the highest tier female in Tekken.

Probably.

Judging from the trailer, she should still be able to do flapping butterfly loops - so her wall carry/combo game is likely going to be the strongest at least.

And it's justified to keep her at the top. A very technical character that takes time and much investment to learn. Unlike the likes of Lili and Alisa, who I picked up rather fast.

Sayah

I wonder if they'll continue the trend of giving her a ton of built in defensive options that make it so any scrub can do at least okay with her without learning any proper defense.

That trailer certainly makes it look like they are.

Dayum manny.

Dat salt

ross-salt-shaker-o.gif

2014-03-21-salt.gif

I'm always oddly ok with Nina in games but not Anna. I like fighting Nina but not her sister.

Julia/JC is in that same boat of characters I just don't enjoy fighting...

N this is all not because they are tough, I just don't think their fighting style is great. /opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom