• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

Dayum manny.

Dat salt

ross-salt-shaker-o.gif

2014-03-21-salt.gif

I would bust out my salt shaker, but I'm cutting back. I just got the clean bill of health after a blood pressure scare from a few months back. :D

Probably.

Judging from the trailer, she should still be able to do flapping butterfly loops - so her wall carry/combo game is likely going to be the strongest at least.

And it's justified to keep her at the top. A very technical character that takes time and much investment to learn. Unlike the likes of Lili and Alisa, who I picked up rather fast.

I honestly thought that they would remove her WS+1 and refine her movelist, which is why they haven't revealed her until now. But she's completely unchanged other than the tailspins.

Makes me wonder why they took so long with her in the first place.

Sayah

I honestly thought that they would remove her WS+1 and refine her movelist, which is why they haven't revealed her until now. But she's completely unchanged other than the tailspins.

Exact thoughts.

I even remember comments from Harada and/or Murray from way back when stating that her moveset was being redesigned - and that was the reason for her delay. I guess not.

Manbig

Exact thoughts.

I even remember comments from Harada and/or Murray from way back when stating that her moveset was being redesigned. I guess not.

It remains to be seen when people get their hands on the game. My main worry is how much more powerful her evasive stuff becomes in a game that has far more limited movement than before. It really was not fun to deal with in the past game, but it will be extra not fun to deal with in this one.

29 characters is weird. We have to be getting at least one more. Maybe Numb will get Mokujin.
Edit: I forgot all about that red guy. I haven't seen him pop up in any tournaments since he was revealed.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
29 characters is weird. We have to be getting at least one more. Maybe Numb will get Mokujin.
Edit: I forgot all about that red guy. I haven't seen him pop up in any tournaments since he was revealed.

I'm sure we'll be getting many more. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went past the assumed 35.

I wonder if they'll continue the trend of giving her a ton of built in defensive options that make it so any scrub can do at least okay with her without learning any proper defense.

That trailer certainly makes it look like they are.
You've lost to Sayah a lot haven't you ; )

I wonder if they'll continue the trend of giving her a ton of built in defensive options that make it so any scrub can do at least okay with her without learning any proper defense.

That trailer certainly makes it look like they are.
So basically, she was Bob, before Bob?

Pachimari

Let's Take a Moment to Thank the Lord for Adding Nina Fucking Williams Into Tekken 7 and Blessing the Game
Yes.. I love using Nina.
All of this Nina love in here can't be right, nor healthy.

I'm prrrrrretty sure that's still Mary Elizabeth McGlynn..?
Still? Oh, it sounds different to me. Anyway, it sounds good.

There is still not a single black character in. I'm hoping for Christie and Raven. Maybe I can get Baek too.

If only Bruce stood a chance. :(

Pachimari

By the way, what's up with the "1, 2" counting when Jack-7 and Lucky Chloe does a certain move? Do you have to time it to the counting somewhat?

Julia/Michelle are my fav Tekken ladies but I digs me some Nina. Was gonna pick her up in T6.
Michelle Chang is the best in the entire Tekken history. Actually, she's second to Josie now. ^_^

I also hope we get a new character reveal every month from now on.

DEATH™

Exact thoughts.

I even remember comments from Harada and/or Murray from way back when stating that her moveset was being redesigned - and that was the reason for her delay. I guess not.

Here's the thing though... I haven't seen WS 1 done alone twice. I got a feeling WS 1 1+2 is a super canned string now or WS 1 recovers much slower.

Pachimari

Came to think of it, I really wonder if we'll get a Soul Calibur IV announcement this year. Don't tell me that poll was for nothing. Oh, and bring back Talim!

That Nina reveal, makes me wanna go do some Bruce practicing today.

Pachimari

It's actually nice to see all of the positive feedback from people in the other Tekken threads. Combined with the massive attention in media (at least Arabic and Filipino media) I have hopes that Tekken 7 can perform better than Tag 2. Seriously, let's hope it all translates to sales.

Pachimari

It's weird to see Nina being dressed so "nicely". Just look at that hairdo. Still strange to see her without any purple too.

Didn't they have a concept for a zombie bride character, which was part of the poll for Tekken Revolution? Kind of feels like they have taken that concept, and applied it to Nina Williams.

[edit]
FGUArxb.png

Yeah, they look alike.

Rajang

Haha omggg, she looks sooooo good.

I wish I could have watched this live. :(

Great news to wake up to tho.

Yep. It's one of the things that annoys me about the current gen. The world is an ugly place, and sheltering people behind their #safeplaces and #microagressions and #dontoffendmebros is only making things worse. I hate having to avoid stepping on eggshells because people are overly sensitive.

Tact is all well and good, but there's a pretty bold line between being a jerk and being honest or humorous. Oh well.

2HLjZpi.jpg

Well said.

sasuke_91

GrayFoxPL, thanks for the Paul tips which are 2 pages back now, lol.

That Nina reveal was HYPE! Didn't expect that at all. And I totally forgot how good FR's graphics are compared to the beta.
And I really dig her new outfit. Makes her look more elegant and feminine and her hair looks really good. And they kept her body the same, which is good!

I'm always hyped for T7 until I notice that we don't have any news about when we'll get our hands on it. Frustrates me everytime.

Nuszka

Just woke up to this great news !!! Got up and said to myself that I can't be bothered going to work. After this trailer I can move mountains now!!!

Edit: on top of that T7FR is on final round at end of march - wonder if that confirms a march release in Japanese arcades?

Got into work and saw the amazing news! I'm really digging the bride look.

EDIT: BTW guys that's Mary Elizabeth McGlynn best known for being the Major!!!!!!! PERFECT!

lupinko

Just woke up to this great news !!! Got up and said to myself that I can't be bothered going to work. After this trailer I can move mountains now!!!

Edit: on top of that T7FR is on final round at end of march - wonder if that confirms a march release in Japanese arcades?

The location test for FR is next month.

The loke for vanilla last year was Feb and Japan/Korea release was March.

So probably is looking to follow that pattern.

Fraeon

Been playing some Feng/Jin lately and it really feels like I'm working about 50% as hard as with my Alex/Lili team to do damage with a lot of my pokes doubling as ch launchers.

My Jin isn't on par with my Alex yet but once it is, I expect to be winning far more. And Feng? Just uf2 all day when faced with a scramble.

Pachimari

The location test for FR is next month.

The loke for vanilla last year was Feb and Japan/Korea release was March.

So probably is looking to follow that pattern.
Do you think Fated Retribution will hit the Philippines and other Asian countries by April? I'm so nervous I'm gonna miss out. I'll be in the Philippines on April 15.

Whoa, Nina looks cool. dat outfit. Quite buff though, girl works out a bunch <.<

So i guess i should pick her up. >.>

So ecstatic to see Nina again and after looking at her outfit some more, I am beginning to really love it. Unexpected look and a nice surprise. Now if Anna makes a return, that would complete the package. I am still thinking we will not see this game until 2017 on consoles though. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Pachimari

I see it releasing in March 2017, that's still my guess. And give us four console-exclusive characters: Kunimitsu, Michelle, Angel, Bruce.

Pachimari

So those of you who were anticipating Nina, how do you feel about her not having a revamped moveset as rumored? Is it disappointing? Or is it totally fine?

GrayFoxPL

GrayFoxPL, thanks for the Paul tips which are 2 pages back now, lol.

You're welcome buddy.

So those of you who were anticipating Nina, how do you feel about her not having a revamped moveset as rumored? Is it disappointing? Or is it totally fine?

Of course it's disappointing. My hopes that FR will change things are slowly going down the drain. While graphic designers revamp everything twice already within T7 itself, gameplay people copy paste every shit from Tag2! Tag2 gave characters more useful moves and stances then numbered sequel. It's pathetic. The biggest changes for T7 chars come from the fact that they exchanged one bound moves for others. Is this because main gameplay designer was just a tunner for T5? He lacks imagination or some shit? Better to mod an old game then to make a new one?
I really hoped FR would bring at least more new shit to movesets, but seems they just going easy way. Gfx guys are the working ones.

lupinko

Do you think Fated Retribution will hit the Philippines and other Asian countries by April? I'm so nervous I'm gonna miss out. I'll be in the Philippines on April 15.

Not sure, but I think it was only Thailand that got it the latest last year. That I know about because Kurokuro mentioned it to me when Toon visited from Thailand.

Pachimari

I wonder when the Philippines got Tekken 7 compared to the other countries. Hmm.

Who was it that said, that Nina had the same voice actor? I'm pretty sure Mary Elizabeth didn't do her voice in past games. Her voice is really different compared to earlier titles.

I really like this new Nina. Unbelievable. I have disliked her since Tekken 1 and now this happens. Pretty dress and soothing voice. Welcome Nina. Welcome!

Her Rage Art sucks though. Too much ninja. Too much luchre dore wrestling style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom