• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this Nina love in here can't be right, nor healthy.

Still? Oh, it sounds different to me. Anyway, it sounds good.

If only Bruce stood a chance. :(

Her "Time to die" and her battle grunts are still voiced by her old T5 VA, who is completely different. It's lazy honestly, and I don't know why they haven't rerecorded everything.

sasuke_91

It is really disappointing though. Two years at EVO without anyone having touched the game? Is that what you call a "competitve scene", guys?

If the game doesn't come out until early 2017 it will be half a year before the next EVO. Well guess who'll win that one, hm? I really wonder...

It is really disappointing though. Two years at EVO without anyone having touched the game? Is that what you call a "competitve scene", guys?

If the game doesn't come out until early 2017 it will be half a year before the next EVO. Well guess who'll win that one, hm? I really wonder...

Very cool way to reintroduce Nina. I wounder if this outfit will have something to do with her story in T7? The only character I really want now is Lei Wulong.

I've also always thought it to be unfair for Western players to have such limited access to the game. Seems like a very uneven playing field to be honest.

Pachimari

I'm super confused at this point. Some say that Mary Elizabeth have voiced Nina since the beginning, and others say that she's a new voice actor for Nina. Which is it?

I'm super confused at this point. Some say that Mary Elizabeth have voiced Nina since the beginning, and others say that she's a new voice actor for Nina. Which is it?

I never noticed it was ME-M until this trailer and I think she has one of the most recognizable voices out there. Maybe i'm just cray-cray.

Who was it that said, that Nina had the same voice actor? I'm pretty sure Mary Elizabeth didn't do her voice in past games. Her voice is really different compared to earlier titles.

It's been Mary Elizabeth McGlynn ever since Death by Degrees in 2004. Although Lisle Wilkerson did the VO for Nina in Tekken 5 around the same time, from Tekken 6 on McGlynn became her official VA for both the Tekken games and the Tekken BV movie.

The reveal was crazy. Unfortunately I missed the live stream but I finally found a free minute to watch the twitch footage.
Markman is a hero. Must have been hype seeing him walk onto the set during the stream and then realizing that something special was about to be revealed. I like to think some people already saw the Nina reveal coming when Joey name dropped Nina a couple of times. Fuuuuuuuuck I would have loved to see the reactions in the chat.

Hahaha and such a genius redesign. Suck it, Tekken Zaibatsu! :p They've been calling Nina the manly queen for years now, already debating wether she'd be manlier than Gigas in 7, and then Harada just goes and gives her a wedding dress and makes her queen waifu lol

Anyway, love the new look, completely unexpected and an exciting change. And while she looks almost exactly like her former self moves-wise, I absolutely love her rage art, which I'm glad isn't just strung together from old recycled moves, but instead this almost ridiculously elaborate lead up to one of her signature moves, the infamous arm bar.
And her intro!!! Glorious.

It's been Mary Elizabeth McGlynn ever since Death by Degrees in 2004. Although Lisle Wilkerson did the VO for Nina in Tekken 5 around the same time, from Tekken 6 on McGlynn became her official VA for both the Tekken games and the Tekken BV movie.

The reveal was crazy. Unfortunately I missed the live stream but I finally found a free minute to watch the twitch footage.
Markman is a hero. Must have been hype seeing him walk onto the set during the stream and then realizing that something special was about to be revealed. I like to think some people already saw the Nina reveal coming when Joey name dropped Nina a couple of times. Fuuuuuuuuck I would have loved to see the reactions in the chat.

Hahaha and such a genius redesign. Suck it, Tekken Zaibatsu! :p They've been calling Nina the manly queen for years now, already debating wether she'd be manlier than Gigas in 7, and then Harada just goes and gives her a wedding dress and makes her queen waifu lol

Anyway, love the new look, completely unexpected and an exciting change. And while she looks almost exactly like her former self moves-wise, I absolutely love her rage art, which I'm glad isn't just strung together from old recycled moves, but instead this almost ridiculously elaborate lead up to one of her signature moves, the infamous arm bar.
And her intro!!! Glorious.

I feel so wrong. I mean she is the major for christ sake how could I not see that
after playing Tekken for years hahaha.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
January 2018 and not a month sooner.

It'll be on track for 2017 for a while, but then, months before release, they'll announce that they're porting it to the NX and delay it a whole year.
And then the NX version will flop anyways.

Pachimari

I'm getting insecure with my whole Tekken lore now. Nina were frozen between Tekken 3 and 4 so she didn't age. But can she age now? I don't remember.

I feel so wrong. I mean she is the major for christ sake how could I not see that
after playing Tekken for years hahaha.

Well, Mary McG does voice work for pretty much everybody and their dog in every video game and anime known to man, so maybe you've just gotten used to her voice and don't notice it anymore.
Also, Nina isn't particularly the talkiest of characters. She was called "the silent assassin" for a reason before she became "the fatal bride" just a few hours ago haha
Or maybe she's just such a talent and gives every character she voices a different, very special tone (...she doesn't).
I love her, though. Lisle was also great. Would love to know more about her VA's from before Tekken 5.

Still can't get over the reveal trailer.

Well, Mary McG does voice work for pretty much everybody and their dog in every video game and anime known to man, so maybe you've just gotten used to her voice and don't notice it anymore.
Also, Nina isn't particularly the talkiest of characters. She was called "the silent assassin" for a reason before she became "the fatal bride" just a few hours ago haha
Or maybe she's just such a talent and gives every character she voices a different, very special tone (...she doesn't).
I love her, though. Lisle was also great. Would love to know more about her VA's from before Tekken 5.

Still can't get over the reveal trailer.

I'm pretty sure alot of it was inhouse, in the same way that Harada voices a bunch of characters. I guess to save on money and VO was a funny business back then.

Pachimari

Man, this thing about letting my now ex-girlfriend stay at my place, I don't think I can do it. I get annoyed, and that's not nice when I get home, to have that feeling.

I'm gonna Bruceforce some frustration out of me, huaaaa!

sasuke_91

Out of curiosity, do TTT2 players on PS3 prefer motion blur on or off??

I prefer motion blur, but it's better to turn it off. Gotta save every bit of power :p

Out of curiosity as well, how many fights have you had in TTT2? I just looked up my... well, I don't know what it's called in English.
Here's my Kampfprotokoll lol
mzAodjY.jpg

11,4k Online fights since August 2013. How many do you have?

Fraeon

I prefer motion blur, but it's better to turn it off. Gotta save every bit of power :p

Out of curiosity as well, how many fights have you had in TTT2? I just looked up my... well, I don't know what it's called in English.
mzAodjY.jpg

I got somewhere around 4k matches on my account in total, 1.8k of them being ranked.

Numb

mzAodjY.jpg

I deleted my saves a couple of times and still have 4k player matches with you guys and randoms

Hello, TekkenGAF. This is my first time here, so I drew a Nina for you gals. <3
Very nice
Very nice Avatar
Also good Art ;_;

Very nice
Very nice Avatar
Also good Art ;_;

4VakfbG.gif

Welcome Ludger! Hope you'll hang around. Tell us about your Tekken history. :)

Started with 3 back when that was The Biggest Thing Ever, always played as Nina ofc. I was very loyal to her until Lili came and stole my heart away with T5DR. Since then I've mostly alternated between her and Miguel. (who I need back in 7, like, yesterday)

I've never been a serious fighting game player, though, so it wasn't until TTT2 that I really started learning the ins and outs. Most of my time in T6 was spent playing the scenario campaign online and customising every character, hhheh. I don't have a system for T7 yet, but hopefully I will by the time the console version hits!

GrayFoxPL

Out of curiosity, do TTT2 players on PS3 prefer motion blur on or off??

Blur looks good but I prefer it off since I like to see every frame of a move clearly, when things look smudged it's hard to recognize moves instantly.

Blur in T6 was like 60% stronger then Tag2, that was literally insane though flashy.

4VakfbG.gif

Started with 3 back when that was The Biggest Thing Ever, always played as Nina ofc. I was very loyal to her until Lili came and stole my heart away with T5DR. Since then I've mostly alternated between her and Miguel. (who I need back in 7, like, yesterday)

I've never been a serious fighting game player, though, so it wasn't until TTT2 that I really started learning the ins and outs. Most of my time in T6 was spent playing the scenario campaign online and customising every character, hhheh. I don't have a system for T7 yet, but hopefully I will by the time the console version hits!

Sure you'll have a new system in a YEAR or so, lol.

Do you play Tag2 on PS3? If so add me psn - GrayFoxPL
Let's play sometime.

Miguel would trash all those Claudio or Chloe clowns, that's why he's banned from T7 :p.

ajb1888

Banned

mzAodjY.jpg

I'll look when I get home; I know its a small number though. 90% of my time with TTT2 until now has been ghost battles and local matches with friends and cousins haha. Platinumed the game twice on PS3 :p

It's the reason I'm not keen on going to EVO the past two years. For a lot of people they go to EVO to enjoy the spectacle, I go to compete. I don't like the idea of going in blind with the potential of getting two East Asian players in my pool and not making it out just because of lack of time with the game.

Yeah, I'm wondering how are players supposed to prepare for Tekken 7 at Evo when it's not available to them?

Degen

Totally agree that Miguel should come back

He exemplifies what T7 wants to be, straightforward but entertaining

Why didn't I use that guy more?

LowParry

Gotta give props to MarkMan from last night's EVO announcement stream. It was fun to see him and Mr. Wizard play a match to determine Tekken 7's presence (as if there was no doubt, ha!) but the Nina reveal was out of nowhere.

Sure you'll have a new system in a YEAR or so, lol.

Do you play Tag2 on PS3? If so add me psn - GrayFoxPL
Let's play sometime.

Bah, I'm planning on getting a PS4 sooooometime this year. There just haven't been that many reasons for me to take the plunge yet, but this year's lineup is totally changing that.

My ID is flashfumolive, I'll add you when I get on next. I'm really out of practice, but I could use an excuse to pick this game up again.

Totally agree that Miguel should come back

He exemplifies what T7 wants to be, straightforward but entertaining

Why didn't I use that guy more?

You never know what you have until it's gone.

Ruehl

Neo Member
So those of you who were anticipating Nina, how do you feel about her not having a revamped moveset as rumored? Is it disappointing? Or is it totally fine?

I'm totally fine with it. I just wanted her to be in the game. Waiting for her announcement was torture, now I can just relax until T7 is released on console. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
All that money Namco spent on Snoop Dog should have gone and continue to be distributed to MarkMan.

Everything I do for TEKKEN, I do out of the love for the game. Every time Bandai Namco / TEKKEN team offers to pay, I respectfully decline. Let the fans get that money. I'm already living it up.

Hope you guys enjoyed the announcement.

Sayah

So those of you who were anticipating Nina, how do you feel about her not having a revamped moveset as rumored? Is it disappointing? Or is it totally fine?

I was hoping for a revamped moveset but I'll take what I get. I'll pretty much be going into Tekken 7 with nothing substantially new to learn for Nina.

Although we haven't seen her full moveset, it can be assumed Nina will not be getting any significant changes. I imagine if they had revamped her, we would have seen that highlighted in the trailer instead of them showing all of her old moves.

Sayah

mzAodjY.jpg

Will check when I get on.

Hello, TekkenGAF. This is my first time here, so I drew a Nina for you gals. <3

Awesome Nina art!

Everything I do for TEKKEN, I do out of the love for the game. Every time Bandai Namco / TEKKEN team offers to pay, I respectfully decline. Let the fans get that money. I'm already living it up.

d'awww.

Thanks Marky.

Numb

Good going man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom