• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temco's Kagero 2 ~Dark illusion~ for PS2

bloke

What was first Deception all about?
Btw. also in new Famitsu; Hanjuku Eiyuu Tai (SquareEnix, PS2) got announced, and some wtf? Sonic Team game for NDS, Egg Monster Hero RPG (SquareEnix, NDS), new Wild Arms game to be shown at TGS, etc, etc...

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Deception!!!! I've missed you so.... You lead people to their doom set traps, collected parts used them to make monsters.... the sequel(s) just had you setting various types of traps and attempting to lead people in to them. Some characters would just blindly follow you, others would only follow if you were close, others were intelligent enough to get around certain traps, etc... awesome games.

Bebpo

Banned
Miburou said:
Wasn't this game announced (and released) years ago?

Yea it's been out for a while and sells at used stores for like $15. Got it but never really played it much, music does kick all kinds of ass though.

This is probably a sequel or maybe they're just announcing it'll be a greatest hits title?

I really enjoyed the PSone game - tecmo's deception. One of the few severly twisted titles out there and the gameplay mechanics were challenging and fun. Playing good but have to do evil character rocked.

And any game by any company with their name in it is a hoot.

Tecmo's deception? By Tecmo? Hilarious.

so Kagero 2 is going to be based around the character from Deception 2. I Loved Deception 2, and thought it was a unique game. I will buy the new sequel if it is released here.

shoplifter

WIN

I've been bitching about no having no Deception games this entire gen. Maybe this time they'll let me turn my true love into a Zombie again!

MoxManiac

Yay, a new Deception game. But Kagero kind bugged me when they took out some of the castle building and RPG elements of the first Deception. We'll see.

shoplifter

Yeah, that was really my only major complaint about the sequels. I really dug being able to build rooms on and such. I miss the cage dropping from the ceiling or the pit underneath the magnet wall.

Also, the aforementioned using dead bodies to create new supermonsters to kill with.

DarkCloud

So the Fatal Frame team isn't going to jump straight into part 3 it seems...Ah well, Deception is just as good.

Course I'll wait a few months after it's released just in case they pull the Xbox Directors Cut bit for a 3rd time.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fool me a third time...

Soul4ger

This one is Kagero 2: Dark Illusion. The third was Deception III: Dark Delusion. OVERLY CONVENIENT?! I don't now where this is going.

WarPig

The subtitles are just a funny coincidence, I guess -- "Dark Delusion" was just what they slapped on as the subtitle for Soumatou in North America.

The Kagero heroine was much cuter, so I'm in favor of giving that one the sequel.

DFS.

Soul4ger

WarPig said:
The subtitles are just a funny coincidence, I guess -- "Dark Delusion" was just what they slapped on as the subtitle for Soumatou in North America.

The Kagero heroine was much cuter, so I'm in favor of giving that one the sequel.

DFS.

Weren't you insulting people for oogling low-res boobiez in the Playboy pictorial thread? Shame on you...

And I was being sarcastic about the subtitle thing. But I'm happy you straightened it out anyway!

That isn't sarcasm. I just wanted to clarify 'cause, you know, it doesn't look like my sarcasm translates well.

WarPig

I was insulting people for ogling low-res boobs attached to a plastic-surgery-disaster of a face. The Kagero chick had that cute lower back tattoo, and is completely fair ogling game.

DFS.

Soul4ger

WarPig said:
I was insulting people for ogling low-res boobs attached to a plastic-surgery-disaster of a face. The Kagero chick had that cute lower back tattoo, and is completely fair ogling game.

DFS.

Racist!

Top Bottom