• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria Sells 58M

Holammer

index.php

I missed the Terraria developer blog/forum post from June 24'th detailing how they sold 58.7M copies of the game. They give such updates regularly, but this time they reached the OG Super mario Bros's level.

Terraria released in 2011 and is a Minecraft'esque 2D sandbox game with a little bit more traditional game progression and bosses. It's been kept alive with a bunch of hefty updates expanding the game ever since, and another one is currently in the works.
For such an old game it still enjoys impressive player counts, the PC version has a steady 30k minimum and 40k peaks daily.

To give some perspective, here's a few top selling games.

Minecraft: 300,000,000
GTA V: 200,000,000
Wii Sports: 82,900,000
Mario Kart 8: 70,430,000
RDR 2: 63,000,000

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyone else find it kind of weird that they’re using the Mario font in that pic?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I feel like this game has been given to me for free like 5 times, and shown up in steam bundles like 12 times. I wonder if those all counted towards that 58M

The_hunter

It's a pretty good game, runs on literal toaster computers and is $10.

It's an rpg with a ton of depth and replay-ability. It starts off slow, but it has a satisfying progression curve, and by the end you are flying all over the place with insane weapons.

I haven't played it since the Journey's end update that came out a few years ago, don't know how the game is now.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
My eldest lad has spent pure time on this with his friends and always goes back to it for a fresh play through. Seems to be absolutely dripping in depth.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Good for them, always happy for a dev's success, even if it's not my kinda game. They did get my support though, as I bought it on Vita, Switch, Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation over the years, just to try to see if I could try to figure out what everyone sees in it haha. Just not for me, but I can absolutely see the appeal.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It never fails to surprise me this game is that popular, nobody even talks about it here. Gaf bubble is all permeating

Top Bottom