• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Gilliam Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

Amazing director/writer.

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail.jpg

ldtime.jpg

brazil.jpg

fear_loathing_criterion_dvd.jpg

Fisher King, 12 Monkies, Life of Brian (written by), and I can't wait to see Brothers Grimm (even though it stars that piece of crap Ledger).

Gilliam is one of the most influential and creatively minded modern directors/writers working today.

Dead

well not really...yet
I love him, Brazil, 12 Monkeys and Fear and loathing are among my favorites.

I cant wait for the brothers grimm.

Terry Gilliam is great. Baron Munchausen is one of my favorites of his.

HC.Baron.jpg

Hope Brothers Grimm goes well, and doesn't turn into another Don Quixote.

Pattergen

I forgot to mention the other new one he is working on. Don't expect it for quite awhile, but it sounds very.... .... gilliam...

Good Omens is a lighthearted fantasy about Armageddon. The Antichrist comes to earth as a newborn baby, but a nurse accidentally switches him with another newborn, and for eleven years he grows up as a normal child. Two angels realize that the babies have been switched, and decide to try and find the Antichrist and prevent the end of the world.

Triumph

Banned
cn_12mx.jpg

You know I'm a fan, I've got the 12 Monkeys symbol tattooed on my arm!

But yeah, all of his stuff is great to me.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Good Omens is a Neil Gaiman/Terry Prachett (how can you pass that up) book and I definetely recommend you pick it up. It's fantastic.

The movie has pretty much come to a standstill and Gilliam has a large history of not being able to get the funding for projects, so theres not much hope for it. But if it does happen, it will be excellent :)

I want to know why we can't get the amazing Criterion versions of Baron Muchausen and Fisher King laserdiscs on DVD. They're amazing and have a wealth of information and extras. We instead have to settle for bare-bones discs.

adventuresofbaronmunchausen1989ld.gif

New widescreen transfer
Audio commentary by director Terry Gilliam
Four deleted scenes
A detailed analysis of the film's script and development
Storyboards documenting scenes never filmed
Production sketches, models and costume tests
Clips, stills, and notes from previous Munchausen film versions
Step-by-step presentation of special effects compositing
History of the film's legendary production, with interviews and location video
Original theatrical trailer, posters, and advertising campaigns.

fisherking1991ld.gif

Audio Comentary by Terry Gilliam
Six deleted scenes
Original theatrical trailers
Key scene anlysis with storyboards, screenplay excerpts, behind the scenes pics, etc.
Costume test

I don't see any love for the Meaning of Life's introduction movie, which while it lacks 'hahah' humour still gives plenty of smiles and is artistically pleasing. :)

Triumph

Banned
6.8 said:
I don't see any love for the Meaning of Life's introduction movie, which while it lacks 'hahah' humour still gives plenty of smiles and is artistically pleasing. :)
The Crimson Permanent Assurance? That shit was awesome, I wasn't aware Gilliam was the director. I'm not sure I can like him much more, but if I can I do!

Yeah, he was the director. He was very little involved in the creation process for Meaning of Life, so he asked if he could direct his own sketch, he did and went well over budget because it ended up being a small movie, not a sketch. :)

Ferrio

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
The Crimson Permanent Assurance? That shit was awesome, I wasn't aware Gilliam was the director. I'm not sure I can like him much more, but if I can I do!

Hahah all the old guys making swords outta fan blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom