• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Test Your Anti-Virus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on another forum, this zip file contains 593 .exe virus files, DO NOT OPEN ANY OF THEM. Scan the zip file or extract and scan.

http://fette-toolz.blackworld4u.de/virus/455VIREN.zip

I use Trend Micro...it found only found 527 :/

virie.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
587 for me, too. Symantec Corporate edition.

Just got my virus scan up and running again after about a few weeks of it only working in safe mode(Didn't have a virus, just some fucked up file that needed to be updated)

Diablos

wootvirus.jpg

Hmm, some of you got 588? Wonder why. I am using Trend Micro Internet Security 2004, it just updated itself.

Weird!

Someone scan this with AVG.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mine said 588 messages in total, but 587 virus found. Don't know what the last message was, didn't feel like searching through all of them.

SKluck

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
You're going to get FUTA sometime soon.

Doubtful, It's been 10 years already without a single one.

My brother had about 13 viruses/trojans on his computer when he said something was wrong with his comp though, heh. Just gotta be smart, that is all.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
SKluck said:
Doubtful, It's been 10 years already without a single one.

My brother had about 13 viruses/trojans on his computer when he said something was wrong with his comp though, heh. Just gotta be smart, that is all.

Do you not have a personal firewall?
Do you browse the internet using Internet Explorer?
Do you use outlook or outlook express as your e-mail client?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you WILL get a virus sometime soon.

SKluck

Banned
Router, IE6sp2, Outlook 2k2.

I'd wager a year's pay I will not get a virus. Ever.

Seriously, what kind of stupid shit are you opening that you get viruses?

Scoobert

Found 587, but only 6 viruses left. I don't know where one went, lol:

4907.exe
balooch.exe
config12.exe
courier.exe
dvir1701.exe
rpart_c.exe

mint

Banned
SKluck said:

I felt the same way too..until suddenly my computer just..began to run different..it could happen to anyone.

The problem with humans is that, they think they'll never get "caught" until they actually do.

andthebeatgoeson

And if you don't have an antivirus program, how are you certain you don't have one? There's a word for this situation. I'm too stupid to know it or care. I just know this is that type of situation.

SKluck

Banned
I would never buy an antivirus software. I use trendmicro's free housecall online scan.

I'm running it now, it DID pick up java_bytever.a that was in a zip file in my java cache, and troj_bridge.a in a couple .exe's that I've never run.

troj_bridge just opens a website in your browser, lame.

Bishman

SKluck said:
I would never buy an antivirus software. I use trendmicro's free housecall online scan.

I'm running it now, it DID pick up java_bytever.a that was in a zip file in my java cache, and troj_bridge.a in a couple .exe's that I've never run.

troj_bridge just opens a website in your browser, lame.

How do you get rid of java_bytever.a, trendmicro's free housecall keeps bringing it up. I would love to get that virus / trojan off my computer.

SKluck

Banned
Bishman said:
How do you get rid of java_bytever.a, trendmicro's free housecall keeps bringing it up. I would love to get that virus / trojan off my computer.

Delete it.

It only affect's Microsoft old VM. If you are using Sun Java, it won't hurt you. I imagine that is why it didn't infect me. I don't even have MS's VM installed, but they say it comes with winxp. Didn't they stop including it or something because of some court ruling?

Hooker

587 with PC-Cillin 2002 (Trend Micro)

The downloading part was the hardest. Real-Time scan already eliminated more than 50% of the virusses before I could test my virus-scanner. (scared the shit out of me when it said "227 virusses found")

Scoobert said:
Norton IS a virus. ;)

oddly enough, my norton 2002 was infected by a virus 7 days before it's free trial was up. I am cynical enough to believe that Norton put it there to guarantee that I would upgrade.

I read an article a few months ago talking about the first Viruses on computers and how Norton and McAfee would have never gotten popular if they hadn't started to spread. But the the question was raised of who was doing the spreading, and it seems the article was pointing the finger at Norton and McAfee.

Opera would hardly let me d/l the file, it kept saying "virus warning" and stopping the d/l.

SKluck said:

I used to think that too (although I'm sure that when I was way younger and dumber I was the direct result of a lot of viruses on my parents PC) but in the last year and a half or so viruses have come out you don't directly have to do anything to get. All you need to do is be connected to the internet without all the latest windows updates and up to date virus software and you can just get them without doing or installing anything.

Virses like w32.Blaster, w32.Welchia, w32.Nachi, w32.Sasser and others are able to get on the system without you doing a thing. It really sucks as a first time experience for a new user on the internet, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom