• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

You know... I thought this could of been kinda cool for them, but I had no idea they'd be getting swallowed up so bad by the Mythbuster guys.... It's actually kinda disheartening. I mean, maybe things haven't sorted themselves out yet, but fuck that website made my heart hurt.

Fox318

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting? For Jamie and Adam to join the team?

They got bought, editors and all, and it actually makes sense for Will and Norm to write for a blog like this. They should be excited about the opportunity.

It covers a much broader spectrum than the old Tested did, and will have a huge influx of new viewers.

I would think they would purchase the site and try and work with what Tested has already done. As of now it feels like they just wanted the domain name.

Darklord

Banned
wow

iQwaRsXn8WmER.png

WHAT THE FUUUUUCK IS THIS? That's not real.

EDIT; ITS REAL?!?!

Hoo-doo

Banned
I would think they would purchase the site and try and work with what Tested has already done. As of now it feels like they just wanted the domain name.

Tested was a tech blog. Guess what, it still is, only bigger, and with two new TV-stars at the helm.

The other option was for Will and Norm to be both out of jobs. I'd say they got a great gig here.

rakhir

As long as Will and Norm are there i'll be visiting the site.

And it's kinda freaky they seem to be better in front of the camera in that video then then Adam and Jamie

rObit

Banned
Everyone should have seen it coming that they would push the Mythbusters out there to make the site more popular.

Having said that, "Jamie and Adam Tested" is a bit hard to swallow. Could at least put Will and Norm on the banner with the Mythbusters.

xptoxyz

The favicon is kinda bad.

Anyone know how Jamie and Adam's are involved with BermaBraun is? Is this just a business partnership between them and the company who actually owns Tested.

crayman

As someone who has never watched a single episode of Mythbusters, and has no idea who Adam and Jamie are, I find this whole thing incredibly offputting! But I guess that's my fault really.

Naka

I can't seem to login with my old Whiskey Media credentials like before. Do I have to create a new account? I don't think I ever created a tested.com specific account before, just logged in via Whiskey Media.

Fox318

Tested was a tech blog. Guess what, it still is, only bigger, and with two new TV-stars at the helm.

The other option was for Will and Norm to be both out of jobs. I'd say they got a great gig here.

And how long do you think it will last?

Now that the site is Jamie & Adam's what reason do they need to keep Will and Norm on? They could hire 2 no-name bloggers and the brand image would be the same.

This feels tacky. I am sure once the content Will and Norm start pushing out the site will be back to the normal feeling.

But I have a bad feeling about this so far.

xptoxyz

I can't seem to login with my old Whiskey Media credentials like before. Do I have to create a new account? I don't think I ever created a tested.com specific account before, just logged in via Whiskey Media.

When whiskey joined the logins of the sites you still had to reserve the name on each site. If you never did that for tested maybe you don't have an account for tested.

The irony. This is exactly the opposite of what happened to GB and people were bitching about that all yesterday.

Give it some time. Will and norm needs to earn their stripes for the big leagues first!

Hmmm... Now that will and norm are the 'wes' of new tested, what is Wes now?

Everyone should have seen it coming that they would push the Mythbusters out there to make the site more popular.

Having said that, "Jamie and Adam Tested" is a bit hard to swallow. Could at least put Will and Norm on the banner with the Mythbusters.

Yeah the "Jamie and Adam Tested" part is what hit the hardest. It's just weird... I'm glad Will and Norm are excited and if this ends up being better for them then that's great, but this site doesn't seem appealing to me. I feel really shitty for saying that, but I just want to be honest. I wanted to like the change and, in fact, when I first read about it I was like "oh fuckin' sweet!", but initial first impressions aren't great right now. Hopefully the dust just hasn't settled yet and the outlook is just a little cloudy.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Now that the site is Jamie & Adam's what reason do they need to keep Will and Norm on? They could hire 2 no-name bloggers and the brand image would be the same.

Sure they could, but why would they, when they have two very capable bloggers and podcasters right here?

I repeat, the alternative was for them to be out of a damn job.

Xater

"Jamie and Adma's Tested"....Ugh....

Well Garry says they are big leagues now, I guess that always comes with selling out.

This looks like exactly what I pictured when they made the announcement yesteday. I'm surprised many people didn't think Jamie and Adam's name and face were going to replace everything. We'll see how this goes, but I didn't think it was the great deal many people did when I heard about it.

sixghost

Why would they have gone to the trouble of buying the sites if they were going to do that?

It's pretty clear that the Mythbuster guys are the brand, but they wanted Will and Norm for the content they produce.

Xanathus

This seems bad. I don't want a site run by those guys, I want a site run by will and norm.

They're not really running it though, in fact I don't think they'll have enough time to do much stuff considering they'll have to do the show as well. I'd be surprised if they even show up as often as Gary (used to?) after the initial few months. They're basically being used as branding and for general public recognition.

The site will probably end up progressing the same way the TV show did. At first it was all Adam and Jamie and then the build team because more and more front and center. I haven't watched in while but I wouldn't be surprised if the B team was over half the show at this point.

Will and Norm just need a Kari...

Top Bottom