• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS GOTS?

SantaC

new trailer of RE4 did it for me.

comon capcom you lazy bastards! upload your direct feed trailer.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Metal Gear Solid 3 had the best trailer and is the game I am currently most excited about (as it is near release).

Wanda and RE4 also place highly on my list.

Seeing that RE4 trailer showed game play footage i probably going to vote for it above MGS3, but i still have to see Wanda and the Colossus one. Anyway this Show has been, well, not that good........nothing special....

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Resident Evil 4 looked amazing, but I'm still a bit hesitant about it...not sure if RE4 will be different enough from previous Res Evil games.

So I'm thinking MGS3 probably would be my choice. The trailer was SO damn tight it gave me the chills. From being let-down by the somewhat tedious E3 trailer, I was floored by this TGS trailer. The bosses really tickled my imagination, and the game looks amazing. And I trust that MGS3 will be an experience, with new interesting features...some of them already known. I just hope they'll tone down the frequency of cutscenes, and/or make the story more interesting and straightforward compared to MGS2.

But then...I can't really say MGS3...because there's still Wanda. Wanda is the game for me!

And I'll agree with BlimBlim...Metal Wolf Chaos was a really nice surprise!

dark10x

Resident Evil 4 looked amazing, but I'm still a bit hesitant about it...not sure if RE4 will be different enough from previous Res Evil games.

I think it will be quite different, actually...

However, from my perspective, Kojima has yet to disappointment me whereas I've been less than thrilled with virtually every Capcom "action/adventure" released this gen. I'm skeptical...

olimario

Banned
GOTS
Wanda
I'm already in love with this game. ICO did it for me and I feel this will too.

Runner Up
RE4
I'm still wary of the changes in 4. I haven't liked an RE title up until now, but it looks fun and it's visually very impressive.

Strong Contender I have no interest in
MGS3
I still find the MGS franchise incredibly boring. The cinematic cut scenes are fun, but the fun stops there. MGS3 is a visual stunner, though.

maskrider

If I have to choose one, Wanda and the Colossus.

I have been waiting for a new game from the ICO team for quite some time already.

My other choice will be GT4.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
dark10x said:
I think it will be quite different, actually...

Well, maybe I'm just expecting something the Res Evil team aren't interested in doing. Like straying away from the b-movie style and go for a more high-budget feel with a good, deep story and so on.

And the best moments in the Res Evil series are also the most mysterious and spooky ones IMO. They are too few and far between. That's what I would like to see more of in Res Evil, but I guess that's too "non-zombie". That's why I was a bit disappointed when they scrapped the "old" Res Evil 4...because I was really digging the ghost stuff in the trailer.

dark10x

Kiriku said:
Well, maybe I'm just expecting something the Res Evil team aren't interested in doing. Like straying away from the b-movie style and go for a more high-budget feel with a good, deep story and so on.

And the best moments in the Res Evil series are also the most mysterious and spooky ones IMO. They are too few and far between. That's what I would like to see more of in Res Evil, but I guess that's too "non-zombie". That's why I was a bit disappointed when they scrapped the "old" Res Evil 4...because I was really digging the ghost stuff in the trailer.

Ha ha, yeah, if you are expecting that...I think you'll be disappointed. This isn't a Silent Hill game here... :p

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
dark10x said:
Ha ha, yeah, if you are expecting that...I think you'll be disappointed. This isn't a Silent Hill game here... :p

OK, not expecting...more like...hoping. :p But as I said, the first RE4 trailer showed some promise of a more supernatural style instead of the usually splatter-hysteria, so I don't think it's that far-fetched. In that old trailer, didn't the "ghosts" appear because Leon had been infected and was hallucinating? I think I recall reading that some time ago...and in this TGS trailer, it also seems like he's infected. Hmm...

Deg

Banned
MGS3 has me intrigued but the trailers as of late have been of the story variety which scares me. not that excited as a result due to MGS2.

GT4 looks solid.

dark10x

Kiriku said:
OK, not expecting...more like...hoping. :p But as I said, the first RE4 trailer showed some promise of a more supernatural style instead of the usually splatter-hysteria, so I don't think it's that far-fetched. In that old trailer, didn't the "ghosts" appear because Leon had been infected and was hallucinating? I think I recall reading that some time ago...and in this TGS trailer, it also seems like he's infected. Hmm...

Heh, I had nearly forgotten that original trailer...

The direction they are moving in is certainly unique (and probably a great change for the series), but that original trailer looked extremely cool to me and I wish they would have continued to move away from the "zombie-like" enemies that have always been a staple of the RE games...

Just saw Wanda and colussus it looks very good but its very ICOish so right now its just ICO2, i need to wait for more specific footage. and someone talked about the music not being good, well its nothing special but it isnt bad either.....

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
For me it was MGS3 - great trailer, and a lot of info came from its presentation at the show. Wanda, as well, was great and totally worth everyone's attention.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
For me it's a tie between Daytona 3 Xbox live and F-Zero Synthology for Xbox live.

I'm also dissapointed Dragona wasn't able to go to the show. I was looking forward to her impressions :( :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I should probably say W&C but i will plumb for Lumines.
As simple as it is, i loved the style and music and i can't wait to play it again.

Okami looks utterly stunning.

RE4 might have been up there if i didn't play the demo which, quite frankly, has a lot of issues (yes, i know it's a demo...) . :( :( :(

Top Bottom