• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thailand shooting

Armorian

Banned
At least 12 people have been shot dead and many injured by a Thai soldier in the city of Nakhon Ratchasima (also known as Korat), police say.

He then opened fire at a Buddhist temple and at a shopping centre in the city, north-east of Bangkok.

The suspect is still at large.

tajlandia.jpg

ndreamer

He’s obviously going to end up dead. I wish these people would just kill themselves instead of destroying the lives of strangers. 12 sets of families. 12 sets of friends. Probably more coming.

I think theres more to this then he just went on a rampage. He killed his commander first.

I was in Korat last year, beautiful place. Terminal 21 would have been loaded with people. (Thousands)
I live in Thailand luckily far away from this.

Karma Jawa

I think theres more to this then he just went on a rampage. He killed his commander first.

I was in Korat last year, beautiful place. Terminal 21 would have been loaded with people. (Thousands)
I live in Thailand luckily far away from this.

Do you think it’s political?

Well, I hope they'll catch him soon. Obviously, he has a death wish, which I'm sure the cops apprehending him will grant him that.
In any case, this is horrible.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Oh crap I'm going to be selling my house this year. Prey for me Gaf.

I think this is kind of instructive.. Thailand would arguably be a place a big chunk of westerners consider scarier than, say, their local Walmart.. chance of stolen kidneys, crossdressing prostitutes, food poisoning, etc*, what have you... Who knows how many guns, who knows what sophistication of security, leftover guns from regional wars in the hands of criminals.. who knows what kind of public toilets, whatever...

But this is the first mass shooting I've heard about coming out of the place, from my immediate memory banks, thus far.

*These are listed stereotypes and extracts from The Beach etc, not my own thoughts

Last edited:
Top Bottom