• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That 90s Show announced

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Don't tell me what not to do.

no-u-keanu-reeves.gif

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Wait this was announced in 2021 and came out now? Wow.

Watched the first episode. Eh. The humor just doesn't hit, especially with the new kids. There is some spunk when the old cast is there but the rest is garbage.

I really liked the pilot episode outside of the awkward Jackie and Michael cameo. The interludes are a bit awkward, but the new cast is not irritating like I expected. Comedic timing and writing is on par with the old material even if some of the new cast's acting feels a bit forced. Reminds me of 2000's Nickelodeon shows with older sound effects. I am optimistic there will be something memorable somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
I think in its third season the show is finally hitting its stride. The second season fell flat and was cheesy to the point of being repulsive compared to the first. Fortunately, this one is kicking it into high gear with better written scenarios and dialogue. The new cast is also starting to display some great chemistry. They even have Jay and Silent Bob appear in some episodes.
Ben Affleck Sneaker Shopping GIF by Complex

Rockondevil

I didn’t realise it had more than 1 season.

Do the original characters come back more? That’s all I wanted from it.

Soodanim

I think in its third season the show is finally hitting its stride. The second season fell flat and was cheesy to the point of being repulsive compared to the first. Fortunately, this one is kicking it into high gear with better written scenarios and dialogue. The new cast is also starting to display some great chemistry. They even have Jay and Silent Bob appear in some episodes.
Ben Affleck Sneaker Shopping GIF by Complex
That was unexpectedly positive.

All I ever did was skim through for returning characters and get annoyed by some of the new cast whenever I tried to give it a chance, but that was S1.

I did notice that Bob is now back, which can't be bad.

I didn’t realise it had more than 1 season.

Do the original characters come back more? That’s all I wanted from it.
Not really. The only recurring characters are Kitty and Red. There are cameos, but they are sparse. Only important character that comes back frequently is Donna to offer life advice to her daughter.

Dural

I grew up in the 90s, the first season was the 90s for modern audiences and I noped out pretty much immediately. Not sure I even want to give it a second chance as the characters were garbage from the few episodes I watched.

Trogdor1123

I grew up in the 90s, the first season was the 90s for modern audiences and I noped out pretty much immediately. Not sure I even want to give it a second chance as the characters were garbage from the few episodes I watched.
It actually wasn’t bad. The wife and I watched it and enjoyed it. It’s just some silly fun. Red remains awesome and so does Fes. It’s not a masterpiece and is far from perfect but it’s fun for what it is.

It actually wasn’t bad. The wife and I watched it and enjoyed it. It’s just some silly fun. Red remains awesome and so does Fes. It’s not a masterpiece and is far from perfect but it’s fun for what it is.
Yeah it is not on the level of Freaks and Geeks or Dawson's Creek but it is entertaining for the most part in a similar way to its precursor.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the show but it's kinda weird. In That 70s Show the "kids" talking about sex didn't feel weird since they all (except Kunis) were like in their 20s and looked it.

Now in this show the kids talking about sex look like kids and the actors are mostly underage.

Top Bottom