• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That's it, I'm never dating a kid again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tritroid said:
Ok, so who the fuck cares? I don't see what point you're trying to make by introducing these statistics that you've gathered from your ass.

If he thinks he can make it work, and the kid wants to stick with him, then who the hell are you to put a huge downer on the whole thing by saying "Well most relationships are brought down and fail because of the age difference," ?

He thinks it can work?

Adelgary's "That's it, I'm never dating a kid again..." line says differently.

Tritroid

HalfPastNoon said:
He thinks it can work?

Adelgary's "That's it, I'm never dating a kid again..." line says differently.

No I didn't. This is the best relationship I had so far, and I think it's too strong to break that easily... Yeah I know it's pretty pathetic to be daddy-whipped at 18, this has to change.

Maybe you should pay closer attention to what he's saying instead of spouting your shitty generalizations all over the place.

Wow, so it's his best relationship ever? Big deal. The point, however, is that it failed because of the age difference and he's recognized it.

I think it should be obvious to most people that the title of the thread was not to be taken literally. Thread titles are always skewed to sound more "catchy" or draw attention to themselves, it's 101 of making a successful thread.

HalfPastNoon said:
Wow, so it's his best relationship ever? Big deal. The point, however, is that it failed because of the age difference and he's recognized it.

My relationship has failed? Jeez, thanks for letting me know
lol.gif

adelgary said:
I think it should be obvious to most people that the title of the thread was not to be taken literally. Thread titles are always skewed to sound more "catchy" or draw attention to themselves, it's 101 of making a successful thread.

So you admit to being an attention whore, then? Thanx.

Tritroid

HalfPastNoon said:
Dude, can you fucking read? He just said in the same damn paragraph that his relationship wasn't going to break that easy.

Tritroid

adelgary said:
No I don't. MANY people on these boards do the exact same thing with their threads, it's common forum practice.
Yeah really. Look at MAF for God's sake. If Half tried to talk about this "attention whore" shit in one of his threads people would tear him to pieces. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Socreges said:
Says the guy named "HalfPastNoon"... IT'S FOUR O CLOCK
nonono2.gif

I have nothing to say to this topic except that that post was fucking hilarious.

Well I do, used to go out with some 19 year old and her mom was pretty protective. I made sure to get on her good side, and whenever I wanted to take out her daughter I'd ask her for permission. She always said yes and never set a curfew, as I would tell the girl to call in so she knows she's fine. Just lie or whatever, as long as they know the person isn't into something totally devious. (which may be weird in this situation in that part of the world)

marsomega

adelgary said:
I really don't see what is wrong with a 25 year old dating an 18 year old... Can someone enlighten me please? If my age preference is younger and his age preference is older, and both of us are of legal age, then what the hell is the problem?

Not to mention that we both think this is the best relationship we ever had, and we're really in love :confused

I know the thread died but I figured I add my 2 cents about this line. Well technically an observation.

I've never seen the age preference between homosexuals as a negative (within legal bounds obviously). Not to offend anyone, but in general the type of guys fall within certain age groups and very sexual distinctions from the gay guys I talk to. College guys, "twinks", Cops, daddy's whoever, they all please someone and they fall within an age group. It just seems like the types of gay guys are very distinct age wise. Ok.enough of this before I offend anyone, this is just a simple observation.

But on the straight side it’s always been a negative. (for me too). Maybe perhaps because age associations aren't as distinct as the other example I gave. A guy can want a bimbo, a smart girl, a bad girl, whatever tickles his pickle and that still wouldn't give you any age distinction. What ever type of girl a guy can have a liking to doesn't have any age distinction really.

And the reason I see the age difference as a negative is because I can go up to a guy and be a match. But before the next day he'll go for a girl that can be any type ( ANY GIRL) and put up with it cause she's younger and/or sexier and dirtier. (Obviously she has to be goodlooking to him before anything). And this culture can have a guy say this girl is too old for me because she is the SAME DAMN AGE.....

Lets face it, straight guys tainted this option. Its practically implied a guy is shaddy because he's dating a considerably younger girl. It has to be considerable though. Since we all know 3 or 4 year difference with the guy being older is acceptable. Don't even get me started on when a girl is older, which in some cases its an extreme taboo.

OK going to stop...before I see red...

IJoel

Heh... we see threads with people drooling over Lindsey Lohan and teenage girls all the time, yet a gay guy mentions his 18 year old bf and OMG A PEDO!

Ignorant people and their double standards...

marsomega

IJoel said:
Heh... we see threads with people drooling over Lindsey Lohan and teenage girls all the time, yet a gay guy mentions his 18 year old bf and OMG A PEDO!

+ 10

way more

IJoel said:

I thought she was like 22. And fuck teenagers, fuck'em all.

Oh c'mon, where's the love for the teens?

I say good on you adelgary - if you're both happy then there's no reason you should give things up. I called things off with a boyfriend a couple of months back because his parents were total homophobes (apparently they had a 'reputation to uphold', his father being a lawyer..), and he was never allowed out - not even in weekends (I'm 18, him 16). We had to do a lot of sneaking around and it just pissed me off to the point that it wasn't worth it. I didn't wanna get close to him only to be able to spend such little time with him and have that eat at me.

But if you guys are in love then it's definitely worth fighting for. And not all of us 18 year olds are immature nor parent-whipped :)

IJoel said:

a winner is you +111

IJoel said:

IAWTP

Mostly because I hate Linsdey Lohan and like adelgary! But yeah, people need to chill the hell out.

adelgary said:
I really don't see what is wrong with a 25 year old dating an 18 year old... Can someone enlighten me please? If my age preference is younger and his age preference is older, and both of us are of legal age, then what the hell is the problem?

Legally, there's no problem. But what I've generally heard is that a person of age N can "acceptably" date people up to age N/2 + 7 without it being strange. I'm 24, so I can date up to 19 year olds! 25 would be 19-20. So even then, you're only a year off of what's considered "acceptable." And since you're both over 18, who cares? ESID!

Ceros

homophobes and immature pricks have ruined this thread. To prevent further commotion I'll omit mentioning anyone in particular. Anyway, the whole maturity level thing has to play a facter in this somehow. This is because there's a big difference between being a man and just becoming a man.

AssMan

Banned
Your nick is AssMan and it's far more disgusting.

Don't diss Comso Kramer, the ASSMAN!

So we ignore the point and make fun of the homophobic moron. Got it?

Who said I was homophobic? It's my opinion that a 25 yr old guy who's gay and hanging around with a teenager boy, is kind of disturbing. Let's us analsye this here for a second:

Would you feel more disturbed if you saw a 25 yr old guy kissing an 18 yr old woman

OR

Would you feel more disturbed if you saw a 25 yr old guy kissing an 18 yr old man?

EDIT-pic isn't working :(

AssMan said:
Would you feel more disturbed if you saw a 25 yr old guy kissing an 18 yr old woman

OR

Would you feel more disturbed if you saw a 25 yr old guy kissing an 18 yr old man?

What about an 18 yr old guy kissing another 18 yr old guy? Or a 25 yr old woman kissing an 18 yr old guy? Or an 18 yr old guy kissing a 16 yr old girl? Every Situation Is Different. There's no hard or fast rules about what is or isn't disturbing. Well, there is one rule: an 18 yr old girl kissing another 18 yr old girl is STONE COLD FOXY!

Suerte

For a complicated situation, how about you're interested in a bi guy but you're not sure if he's a village bike AND if he'd go off with a girl behind your back AND he lives kinda far away AND to top it off he might have given you some kind of STD*

*pending results

Me = 0wned.

Che

Banned
AssMan said:
Don't diss Comso Kramer, the ASSMAN!

Who said I was homophobic? It's my opinion that a 25 yr old guy who's gay and hanging around with a teenager boy, is kind of disturbing. Let's us analsye this here for a second:

OR

EDIT-pic isn't working :(

Like I said your homophobic and your post shows it. And to aswer your question, I would prefer to see a 25 yr old woman kissing an 18 yr old woman. ;)

PS. Some people were seriously owned by IJoel.

Crispy

I was dating a 16 (and a half) year old girl for two weeks, but her parents were way too protective. In those two weeks I saw her ONCE, namely at the first day of the first week. We planned on dating saturday last week and that morning she called she couldn't go out because she had homework and had to practice for the orchestra she's in and whatnot.

So then I decided that was enough and told her this wouldn't work. I've never had a girlfriend before, so when I finally found someone, seeing here once in a month or something just doesn't cut it. I'm 20 years old myself, no girls under 18 for me anymore!

Che

Banned
Crispy said:
I was dating a 16 (and a half) year old girl for two weeks, but her parents were way too protective. In those two weeks I saw her ONCE, namely at the first day of the first week. We planned on dating saturday last week and that morning she called she couldn't go out because she had homework and had to practice for the orchestra she's in and whatnot.

So then I decided that was enough and told her this wouldn't work. I've never had a girlfriend before, so when I finally found someone, seeing here once in a month or something just doesn't cut it. I'm 20 years old myself, no girls under 18 for me anymore!

The good thing about being European is that parents aren't that stupidly conservative. Like relationships or sex are something bad.

Suerte

The main reason I'd never date anyone under 18 is because they couldn't get into bars, I know there's other things you can do accept go to bars but then they couldn't hang out with my friends as well and I'd really like them to get on with my friends.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Che said:
The good thing about being European is that parents aren't that stupidly conservative. Like relationships or sex are something bad.

You need to come talk to my European parents..

..perhaps you mean continental European? ;)

Crispy

Che said:

I live in The Netherlands :p

My parents are very tolerant and I can do whatever I want, that's why I had even more difficulty dealing with her situation.

Che

Banned
Crispy said:
I live in The Netherlands :p

My parents are very tolerant and I can do whatever I want, that's why I had even more difficulty dealing with her situation.

Hehe, then my friend you're very unlucky.

IJoel said:

The problem I have now is everytime I see adelgary and his avatar, being snake, I think Snake is gay now. :(

"I really don't see what is wrong with a 25 year old dating an 18 year old"

Neither do I, however, there is a problem when you were banging that 18 year old... when he was 15.

Then it gets kinda awkward.

Veracruzer said:

Neither do I, however, there is a problem when you were banging that 18 year old... when he was 15.

So you're going to bump all my threads and stalk me as you used to before? I'm not gonna have any of this... I hope the mods get on your tail, BlackjackHF.

I met the guy exactly a month ago, I was not banging him when he was 15.

I hope you enjoy your banning.

BuddyC

Veracruzer said:

dude, did you really have to bump this?

Veracruzer said:
"I met the guy exactly a month ago, I was not banging him when he was 15."

So what happened to the Switzerlander?

Ah, I see. You got Homowned in the other thread, so you seek out another avenue to attack him from. Very nice.

Veracruzer said:
Lioness, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go eat a zebra.

Ah, and when confronted on the issue, you mistake my gender and then tell me to go eat an animal. So hostile. Just accept the fact that you're a troll, and go back to your bridge.

"He was an American. Do you get anything right? Jeez."

He lived in Switzerland. And real Americans don't hang out at Russian gay bars.

So what happened to him? Did he get too old for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom