• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 40oz: Should I feel bad about drinking this? Yay or Nay?

Daingurse

As a black male, the 40 oz has been presented to me as almost a tool of oppression. Like a fucking BOW out of Resident Evil, something engineered to create strife and chaos amongst my people. But a single 40 oz is all I really need, so for whatever reason I feel conflicted. I am not a habitual drinker, I prefer to smoke trees personally. However one high gravity 40 oz malt beverage goes down soooo smooth and gets me to that level of intoxication I want. So as a black male, why should I feel guilty drinking this? Why do I feel guilty drinking this? WTF. . .

I guess what I'm saying, as I knock this 40 oz back. . .why do I feel so fucking guilty? Is this just some learned behavior? What is wrong with a 40oz malt beverages (beyond obvious health concerns)? And why as a black male do I feel so bad about drinking a 40? Racism? Stereotypes? Goddamn, I just want a buzz. . .

Edit: Oh my fucking god. If a mod is reading this can you do me a favor and move this to Off-topic? Goddammit. . .

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Quick, someone reference a game where a 40 is something you can have in your inventory and use!

Kwixotik

To drink 40s is to say you do not give a fuck. So you have to either stop giving a fuck or stop drinking 40s. I choose the 40.

Daingurse

To drink 40s is to say you do not give a fuck. So you have to either stop giving a fuck or stop drinking 40s. I choose the 40.

image.php

This makes me feel better. I don't know why but it does. lol

It's cheap liquor that serves that purpose only. Ice cold, they're quite drinkable, but i'm not sure if i'll bother again now my fascination with them has subsided.

Top Bottom