• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this clown Chuck Todd doing his best to ignore their own poll today showing Clinton up big. I'm glad I got the UFC and NBA games to watch tonight instead of this dog and pony show.

Ekdrm2d1

Look at this clown Chuck Todd doing his best to ignore their own poll today showing Clinton up big. I'm glad I got the UFC and NBA games to watch tonight instead of this dog and pony show.

Hey he's my idol. Don't call him a clown!
:p

Relevant.
Veep-Promo-Poster-for-season-4-Mike-McLintock-veep-38492969-509-755.jpg

It's not good for the narrative. They actually linked to the CBS poll in their own website's release of the numbers. A horse race is more fascinating to them. Gotta make that coin.

watershed

Banned
According to the media, the stakes are highest for Bernie, Hillary and O'Malley.

So, you know, ya...

O'Malley has nothing at stake. He's going nowhere. Neither Bernie or Hillary have any reason to consider him for VP or even a cabinet position. He can't deliver anything they need. I remember the last debate when he kept trying to come across as young and different. My god that was awful.

O'Malley has nothing at stake. He's going nowhere. Neither Bernie or Hillary have any reason to consider him for VP or even a cabinet position. He can't deliver anything they need. I remember the last debate when he kept trying to come across as young and different. My god that was awful.

Ya...but he's hot. I don't have an issue with a little eye candy on stage.

Except for the fact she's won all the debates. If they were looking to help her they'd be having more of them in better time slots.

It isn't about winning or losing any debates, it's about giving as many people as possible an opportunity to see and get to know the other candidates fighting for the nomination. The current schedule up to this point has been totally against that simple idea and counter-productive to any purpose other than making things easier for Hillary. Nobody is saying she can't hold her own in a debate, but the way things have been, stacks the decks in such a way as to limit any and all opportunities where either Hillary or any other candidate could make enough of an impression to actually shift the race in a given direction.

Many in the media were also of the belief that Hillary "won" those debates against Obama and the rest of the field back in 2007 as well and that really didn't end up amounting to very much in the end. I'm not saying that another Obama exists in this field, because that isn't the case, but the process has been a joke on the Democratic side of things. It's actually making me almost loathe the idea of Hillary winning due to the very obvious tactics being employed.

It isn't about winning or losing any debates, it's about giving as many people as possible an opportunity to see and get to know the other candidates fighting for the nomination. The current schedule up to this point has been totally against that simple idea and counter-productive to any purpose other than making things easier for Hillary. Nobody is saying she can't hold her own in a debate, but the way things have been, stacks the decks in such a way as to limit any and all opportunities where either Hillary or any other candidate could make enough of an impression to actually shift the race in a given direction.

Many in the media were also of the belief that Hillary "won" those debates against Obama and the rest of the field back in 2007 as well and that really didn't end up amounting to very much in the end. I'm not saying that another Obama exists in this field, because that isn't the case, but the process has been a joke on the Democratic side of things. It's actually making me almost loathe the idea of Hillary winning due to the very obvious tactics being employed.

It's really unfortunate how the news networks desperate for drama have to frame it like this. I always saw it as an opportunity to see whose values lines up most with mine.

Maaaaan, Hillary v. Bernie is just a fight I cannot get in to. It seems so vitriolic and in the end, I think I would be thrilled to see either of them become President.

Maaaaan, Hillary v. Bernie is just a fight I cannot get in to. It seems so vitriolic and in the end, I think I would be thrilled to see either of them become President.

This is the first I'll be able to watch, but I thought they haven't been that vitriolic? I remember when Bernie asked the media to forget about the emails and focus on the real issues.

RPGCrazied

This is the first I'll be able to watch, but I thought they haven't been that vitriolic? I remember when Bernie asked the media to forget about the emails and focus on the real issues.

its pretty tame compared to the GOP debates, have you seen those? Complete circus.

DO you guys know if there is an audio only stream? I am on a train and not sure I can maintain a good connection for video.
Get YouTube red and minimize the app, that streams only audio. If you haven't done a trial yet you should be able to grab the yt music app and it'll give you a 15 or 30 day sub.

My bad. I meant the arguments between supporters. The candidates themselves have been very civil.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think everyone should be getting like $11 an hour, regardless of job.

Yeah, same.
$7 is a joke.

Historically, it should be around $12 an hour. Which is not really enough to live in most cities, but as a minimum i'm a fan.

Edit: Bernie supports $15 which I think is too much
Hillary is a supporter of $12

RPGCrazied

Yeah, same.
$7 is a joke.

Historically, it should be around $12 an hour. Which is not really enough to live in most cities, but as a minimum i'm a fan.

I wouldn't say no to $15, but yeah, sounds too good to be true. $12 is about what people can live on in a lot of areas. Like where I live, $12 would be good. Not a big city at all.

I've never really liked Andrea Mitchell's coverage. I mean she isn't horrible, but just not my favorite. Plus she is married to alan greenspan, which just seems weird.

FiggyCal

Banned
Yeah, same.
$7 is a joke.

I don't think she's committed on 12 dollars as a minimum. I thought the 12 dollars was based on a senate bill that was being talked about that she supports (I could be wrong). But I'm pretty sure even O'Malley would support it if it passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom