• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The ALL-Star NBA dunk contest"

The dunk competition crap seems to be what they're advertising most in the commercials. What's sad is that the strategy will probably work too. >_<

VPhys

Exactly, that is what I'm seeing every hour in commercials. I was thinking, "I think they expect gamers to value this dunk contest thingy as worth the additional $30 (combined with brand loyalty of course)".

But, it just might work... ??

VPhys

Takuan said:
You know it will. Live will still beat ESPN in sales when all's said and done, though it won't be by such a landslide as usual.

True. But I would never think that ESPN would outsell Live. By "working" I meant something like EA maintaining their same marketshare that they have enjoyed previously, or simply by gamers buying Live over ESPN based on this feature.

This exact topic came up at work today. While lloking at the Best Buy ad i recommended ESPN to my co-worker to which he replied, "But does it have a dunk contest like NBA Live?"

Top Bottom